Haskell leaving Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Latecomer

Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Latecomer »

Now I'd really like to see him in our back row even if only for a couple of seasons, but can't imagine he comes cheap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42886303
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Chobbsy »

Latecomer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:53 am Now I'd really like to see him in our back row even if only for a couple of seasons, but can't imagine he comes cheap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42886303
He is a wanderer, maybe head back to France, but is he still good enough for France?

Maybe Japan again
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

in the times, he is saying he will come to a club relatively cheap as is desperate to stay in England because he wants to play in the RWC and hasn't had any offers yet.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 am in the times, he is saying he will come to a club relatively cheap as is desperate to stay in England because he wants to play in the RWC and hasn't had any offers yet.
he would strengthen our defence for sure, but would his personality fit at the club?
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

He would get battered by the likes of Barrow, Youngs and Williams in training. Think he'd do more harm than good.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

He is well settled in the Midlands - living in the Daventry area so realistically could go to a number of clubs - probably only Exeter, Newcastle, and Sale not worth considering. All the others are easily commutable for him I'd guess.

Immediately on the doorstep - us and Saints. Saints having lost Picamoles last season and not really replaced.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Tiger93 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 am He would get battered by the likes of Barrow, Youngs and Williams in training. Think he'd do more harm than good.
I doubt if they would batter him, love him, hate him, he is a big strong boy, I have no doubt he would get into the team and do a good job, it is his personality I fear for.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

if he comes cheap, I would have him like a shot. Yes he is abrasive, yes he has a flash point but he would certainly add go forward to our back row options.
Hehehehehehehehe
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Providing not silly wages it's a no brainer!

He wants to stay in England because he wants to play in the 2019 WC.

He is big, aggressive and his personality will be a bonus not a hindrance. If you've read Matt Hampson's book you will know he's one of the good guys.

Yes he's a bit loud at times (so what), but he's utterly professional and would be an asset in our weak back row.
Soggypitch
PAW

Post by PAW »

Yes please

Personality? Farmer White, Castro, Genge, Lote,. We know how to handle the lively ones
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Tiger93 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 am He would get battered by the likes of Barrow, Youngs and Williams in training. Think he'd do more harm than good.
:smt043 funniest thing I've read this week - you are joking, right? Considering our pack regularly shows itself to be amongst the weakest and least capable of handing out a battering in the Premiership, and Haskell has been one of the best in the Premiership for a few years now, it's far more likely to be the other way around.

You've clearly bought into the lazy, cliched image of Tigers that pundits who live in the past like to trot out on a regular basis. It's a professional sports club now, not amateur fight club with a rugby ball occasionally being chucked around in between pints of John Smiths. Although that would explain our recent performances...

Haskell is exactly what we need.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 pm
:smt043 funniest thing I've read this week - you are joking, right? Considering our pack regularly shows itself to be amongst the weakest and least capable of handing out a battering in the Premiership, and Haskell has been one of the best in the Premiership for a few years now, it's far more likely to be the other way around.

You've clearly bought into the lazy, cliched image of Tigers that pundits who live in the past like to trot out on a regular basis. It's a professional sports club now, not amateur fight club with a rugby ball occasionally being chucked around in between pints of John Smiths. Although that would explain our recent performances...

Haskell is exactly what we need.
+1 :smt023 :hammer:
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

'Haskell is exactly what we need'

That beats anything said by any Tigers fan, ever.

For me, we have several hard tacklers in the squad already. We also already have several who are brilliant at taking the ball into contact and dropping it and aren't particularly brilliant at passing.

I was merely jesting about the battered in training thing after what's come out in recent times so step down from that Horse! :smt018
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

I think he'd be a very good short term signing. Our back row needs a real overhaul in my opinion.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

He'd be a good signing for the next season or two. Add much needed skill, bulk and aggression. However for some reason I can see Bristol breaking the bank to get him.