Wasps vs Tigers - AWC Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Wasps vs Tigers - AWC Cup

Post by JP14 »

I think Tigers should really go for this one, get some continuity before Glaws the following week.

1 Gigena
2 Polota-Nau
3 Cilliers
4 Wells
5 Kitch
6 Williams
7 Evans (if not fit O'Connor)
8 Mapapalangi
9 Sam Harrison
10 Toomua
11 Holmes
12 Tuilagi/Smith
13 Smith/Tuilagi
14 Brady
15 Tait
16 T.Youngs
17 Mulipola
18 Bateman
19 Barrow 9if not fit then Makysmiw
20 F.Tuilagi (I think it will be quite the occasion if both Tuilagis play and potentially history-making)
21 Simmons
22 Worth
23 Malouf
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps vs Tigers - AWC Cup

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Toomua is not going to play at 10, stop setting yourself up for disappointment in hoping for it
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

The only way that J Ford wont play is if he gets wounded in training.. sad but true, because dissing someone who cant answer back is unfair, but it is patently obvious to anyone with half a brain, he is no where near the standard designed to keep us in Europe.
Many years ago we put Jaco De W at 10 and he blew Ulster apart-the week after he had played at 15 away and we had been royally stuffed
Toomau at !0 or even Harrison-------------- anyone apart from Joe....
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Would go with
1. Gigena
2. TPN
3. Cilliers
4. Maksymiw (Deserves another start IMO)
5. Wells
6. Fitzgerald
7. Evans/BOC
8. Mapapalangi
9. Harrison
10. Toomua (but will be Ford).
11. Malouf
12. Worth
13. Owen
14. Holmes
15. Tait

16. Kerr
17. Bateman
18. Mulipola
19. Williams
20. BOC/Tuilagi
21. Simmons
22. Ford/Toomua
23. Manu/Brady
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

I think the fate of this game rests with Wasps. They are out of the competition so logically would play their academy, the same as last week. However against their local rivals at home they might revert to a stronger more senior side.

Hamilton will be gone, the U20's too. Evans injury doubt.

Gigena
Kerr
Cillers
Maksymiw
Wells
Fitz
Evans
Fred Jr
Harrison
Toomua
Holmes
Owen
Worth
Brady
Tait

Mahoney
Rizzo
Bateman/Mulipola
Williams
BoC
Simmons
Ford
Thacker
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tigers need the win and Wasps don't need to lose at home after the hammering last weekend.
I can see some bigger names coming in, who that'll benefit though is anyone's guess as currently the bigger the name the harder they fall!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Wasps cannot afford to pick up many more injury casualties and Tigers need to prepare a team in readiness for Gloucester.
Expect an understrength Wasps team and a relatively strong Tigers team.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 pm Wasps cannot afford to pick up many more injury casualties and Tigers need to prepare a team in readiness for Gloucester.
Expect an understrength Wasps team and a relatively strong Tigers team.
Yes you are right about the casualties, but they certainly can't afford another hammering like the last one in my opinion, otherwise they won't even be able to give the seats away!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Who said we would hammer them anyway? Newcastle crushed Cardiff!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 pm Who said we would hammer them anyway? Newcastle crushed Cardiff!
If they put the same out I think we will, especially given the u20's will be away and Leicester's incoming are likely to be stronger, but fair point as they haven't looked capable of hammering much more than a Greggs pasty of late!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I'd play as strong a team as possible and give Toomua a start at 10. MOC has to realise that Gloc away is our season simple as,as pish as we've been lately a win and we are incredibly still in the mix for top 4,lose and its all over and a fight for top 6. A lot of ifs and buts but one things for certain WE WILL NOT beat Gloc with J.Ford at 10.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Has it not occurred to any of you that Wasps might well have one eye on building a bit of momentum going back into the AP as well....

Expect them to field as good a side as they can, and to try to restore some pride. If I was MoC, I'd field as close to a full strength side as possible, otherwise, it could be embarrassing.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Roly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 am Has it not occurred to any of you that Wasps might well have one eye on building a bit of momentum going back into the AP as well....

Expect them to field as good a side as they can, and to try to restore some pride. If I was MoC, I'd field as close to a full strength side as possible, otherwise, it could be embarrassing.
If you were MOC, you wouldn't be picking anyone. Geordan Murphy is in charge of the team for the Anglo Welsh Cup.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:58 am
Roly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 am Has it not occurred to any of you that Wasps might well have one eye on building a bit of momentum going back into the AP as well....

If you were MOC, you wouldn't be picking anyone. Geordan Murphy is in charge of the team for the Anglo Welsh Cup.
Thanks, force of habit.

But anyway, since I suspect that's about the where the limit of your knowledge lies, I wont push you to have a go at selecting the team for the weekend on Geordan's behalf.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

I think we’ve got to pick a slightly stronger team but still keeping in mind bringing the young players through and giving game time to returning players, and if we don’t qualify on points difference it hardly the end of the world!
Gigena
Kerr
Cilliers
Wells
Maksymiw
Ryan(see if he can perform at this level as he’s not noticeable in the prem and if Hamilton is leaving)
Evans
Mapalangi
Harrison
Ford(wouldn’t be my choice but it’s what will be)
Holmes
Owen
Malouf
Brady
Worth

Rizzo
Nau
Bateman
Barrow (if fit) Fitzgerald (if not)
O’conner
Simmons/White (dependent on who’s not with u20s)
Toomua(get some more game time)
Olowofela