21 White
22 Tait
23 Thompstone
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers vs Racing

Post by Crumblies »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:11 pm If MO'C sticks to his plan.......hang on :smt042 :smt043 plan?! :smt044 .......then he'll select a very similar team to last time. If SC has any influence - thinking 'bums on seats' - we might get closer to the 1st XV
Which should tell us a lot, whose picking the team SC & BK or MO'C?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:00 pm
Roly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:27 am Racing by 15 - 20 points.

Comfortably.

Tigers couldn't spoil a party if they were the only ones invited.
Roly it’s a French team away from home, the only French team that have managed to win away from home was La Rochelle.
Are you real? LI came to Welcome Rd a few weeks ago and nearly turned Tigers over, Worcester beat Tigers there.

Tigers performances are shambolic home or away - are you seriously suggesting that Racing 92 are going to worry about being travelling and being French?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’m pretty sure I’m real, Roly, but I have something you never have, optimism. You just pass off your pessimism as realism but there two completely different things
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

JP14 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 am I’m pretty sure I’m real, Roly, but I have something you never have, optimism. You just pass off your pessimism as realism but there two completely different things
There's optimism and then there's delusion (or are they two completely different things - see what I did there?)

I am pessimistic because I am aware of the reality of the situation. When Tigers start showing us that they are worthy of watching from on the sofa, rather than from behind it, I can assure you, optimism will grow,

Nothing, absolutely nothing I have seen lately gives me any confidence that your optimism is anything but clutching at straws. Or are optimism and clutching at straws also two completely different things?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Let's be clear about one thing - Roly hasn't been optimistic since before we last won the Prem. If we did the Prem/Euro double he would become mildly upbeat.

That said, like a stopped clock, he is correct on this occasion. There is little cause for optimism for the Racing match. Maybe, just maybe, we field a strongish team, they play with gay abandon - with nothing to lose, a few things come off, we get a lead, the French get edgy, we gain confidence, the crowd cheers.... but I wouldn't be expecting it. I fear on this occasion Roly will be correct.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Agreed Ourla.

As a glass half full type of chap, I'd make the point that confidence is fragile in both directions (for good and bad) and although i'm not expecting much, funnily enough at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if we turned in a decent performance all of sudden.

That is based on us putting out a strong team so if its a scratch team then ignore the above!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:03 pm Agreed Ourla.

As a glass half full type of chap, I'd make the point that confidence is fragile in both directions (for good and bad) and although i'm not expecting much, funnily enough at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if we turned in a decent performance all of sudden.

That is based on us putting out a strong team so if its a scratch team then ignore the above!
For the morale of the players, coaches, Club and supporters we need a strong performance and we should field our strongest team - end of.

What our strongest team is, is a matter for debate but personally I would go with something like;

Cole, Aussie, Bateman
Wells, Barrow (if fit) if not Williams
BOC, Hamilton, Williams (if Barrow fit) if not Kalimafoni
Youngs, G Ford
Manu Toomua
May Tait Holmes.
Soggypitch
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 am Let's be clear about one thing - Roly hasn't been optimistic since before we last won the Prem.
And with demonstrable good reason.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If your going to be a glory supporter might I suggest a switch of clubs, Roly?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

JP14 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 pm If your going to be a glory supporter might I suggest a switch of clubs, Roly?
Success would just depress Roly. He's happier (if you know what I mean) here.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Considering our 4-8 has been poor recently, definitely want to see Wells, Kitchener, Hamilton, BOC and Kalamafoni given some game time as a unit.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

JP14 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 pm If your going to be a glory supporter might I suggest a switch of clubs, Roly?
If you're going to live in lala land, may I suggest reading Harry Potter?

Don't be pathetic, if I was a glory supporter, would I still be here, I've been following Tigers since 1984. Your implication is disingenuous.

As I've said previously, optimism has to be fuelled by at least some confidence that the team is moving in the right direction.

It isn't. I can assure you, I'd much rather be called out for 'moaning' about stuff that doesn't really warrant it, than being accused of 'moaning' about the steady decline of what was once a great English and European rugby club, and the apparent inability of some to either admit or accept that its been happening for a long time.
Last edited by Roly on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:52 pm
Success would just depress Roly. He's happier (if you know what I mean) here.
How ironic that you should say it...
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Just a thought - does anyone know what time the bars are open on Sunday?????
Hehehehehehehehe