Castres vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by LE18 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 pm C.Thacker might not be very intelligent in his play but he is a decent carrier.
Water carrier?
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:24 pm Everyone on here is so triggered it’s hilarious.

I’ll see the game through before I make my judgement.
Brilliant intercept from Bateman, Wells and Evans doing their bit nothing else really.
You are very slow in seeing the blinding obvious!
Sadly I watched the game from start to finish and diabolical.
What's so hilarious about embarrassment yet again? You've been on the sauce
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Still will never understand the selection for this match, I was all for giving some of the younger players a run out, but why wasn’t Toomua at fly half with Smith and Tuilagi in the centres. Why wasn’t Kalamafoni and Hamilton partnered with Evans etc

Any of our past coaches would never have put out such a weakened team, so how is it all of sudden acceptable?

I think all of us supporters are feeling deflated and frustrated at the moment, and what is even worse is there is no quick fix on the horizon or the prospect of anything getting any better any soon. Surely on Monday there needs to be a PR campaign, quickly axe MOC and GM anounce that at 10. Then at 12 anounce our new signings for the rest of the season and next and try and get some positivity flowing again.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Who would want to come to Welford Road at present??
Also heard Mafi could be on his way back to the club
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:47 pm the club should refund any fan that travelled the entire cost of their trip
Result aside I've had a cracking time in Castres.

When i booked and paid I understood that performance and result were not guaranteed.

Whilst disappointed I wouldnt take my cash back.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:41 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:24 pm Everyone on here is so triggered it’s hilarious.

I’ll see the game through before I make my judgement.
Brilliant intercept from Bateman, Wells and Evans doing their bit nothing else really.
You are very slow in seeing the blinding obvious!
Sadly I watched the game from start to finish and diabolical.
What's so hilarious about embarrassment yet again? You've been on the sauce
no, no, no I just find how funny everyone on the forum is so agitated about a dead rubber game
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:44 pm Also heard Mafi could be on his way back to the club
He was a bit non-committal on that when asked after the game
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ghdav27 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:21 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:16 pm Ben Kay says team for next Sunday different to todays. Why would it be? Surely you would try and win this one, not Sunday. If true Ben knows more than the club let on. He must be in communication with moc
Yeah the only purpose in putting a full side out next week would be to try and avoid further embarrassment and possibly prevent sackings.
If they dont put out a full team next week, they wont have an supporters, its going to be a low attendance anyway so they wont dare risk having no support, or will they? On the other hand, it could be a large attendance, in fact as large as a Demonstration!
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

Mafi isn’t the player we need! People remember him as the player he was 4 years ago. He’s passed it now.

Tigers need fresh blood
Clear out all coach’s. Bring in a DOR and get him to pick his own coaches he wants to bring in. It clearly hasn’t worked the mauger/cockerill combo and now the murphy/MOC hasn’t worked either. So many issues at the club right now! We have got into such a state that it will take 5 plus years to get back to being a top team.

Spend some money on the forwards and get rid of the average championship players that were playing today
Come on you tigers!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

champanzie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 pm Mafi isn’t the player we need! People remember him as the player he was 4 years ago. He’s passed it now.

Tigers need fresh blood
Clear out all coach’s. Bring in a DOR and get him to pick his own coaches he wants to bring in. It clearly hasn’t worked the mauger/cockerill combo and now the murphy/MOC hasn’t worked either. So many issues at the club right now! We have got into such a state that it will take 5 plus years to get back to being a top team.

Spend some money on the forwards and get rid of the average championship players that were playing today
Are you sure it's such a good idea to get rid of the champinship players? Tigers might be needing them soon if this continues.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by ElvastonTiger »

Posting from downtown Castres: This really is a :censored: nice place. I wasn't expecting a great deal but Castres, as a destination, has exceeded all expectations whereas Tigers...........
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I'm glad Castres is giving you a happy time. The game was a joke, glad hospitality is keeping you smiling!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

StevoLeics wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:26 pm
rocktop51 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:21 pm Gutless, inept, no direction. Regrettably after 25 years looking like season ticket cancellation. ☹️😭
Pretty Fickle
You really think so? After 25 years of good money and support? Don't patronise me.

I have never been a good time supporter as some tend to be but until the club stop thinking we are too good to be where we are and a club that everyone wants to play for then we need a dose of reality. It is just so frustrating thay even that it was effectively a second string there was no dign of tbe Tigers ethos. A sad state of affairs.

D
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:04 pm Joe Ford so slow, the entire backline is offside most times he kicks.
At least Sloe Ford's jersey was so clean at the end it won't need scrubbing - unlike the wearer.
Sky reporting Matt O'Connor is meeting Theresa May @ Welford Road for the tactics of getting out of Europe so quickly. :smt013
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

No question, that was the most abject Tigers performance that I've ever seen - and I go back a long way.
I made the shortish trip from home not expecting a win - few sides win at Stade Pierre Fabre, but at least expecting a contest.
The players seemed to lack any motivation and there was far too much aimless kicking that handed the opposition the ball on a plate.
For next week there'll be a big conundrum with regard to selection. Racing will be fired up knowing that a bonus point win could put them in first place if Munster fail to get a winning bonus (ok, highly unlikely). So what will Leicester do, pick a similar team and roll over and get "censored" ....... again, or pick the strongest team possible with the players being told that their future at the club will be in doubt unless they perform.
Semper in excretia