Castres vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by JP14 »

Everyone on here is so triggered it’s hilarious.

I’ll see the game through before I make my judgement.
Brilliant intercept from Bateman, Wells and Evans doing their bit nothing else really.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

13 changes to the team that played last week and against a Castre side flying high in the French league...a team that has not played together and have not geled....no chance of qualifying so give the fringe players a chance.....maybe a mistake but the Premiership is the priority.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

champanzie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:14 pm Apart from Bateman, Wells and thompstone all other starting players are the ones we need to look at getting rid of. They offer nothing to the team and are no way near the standard we need.
People rate Thacker, Evans ect... they are no where near 1st team standard
Evans has been our best player. He's the one making tbe most tackles and nearly all our turnovers. I actually think the pack is playing ok. Ryan needs to man up physically and Mapapalangi and Fitzgerald need to get involved but it's the backs where we're dying.

Joe Ford has produced a performance that is the probably the worst I've ever seen from a Tigers flyhalf. We've actually got some decent ball but he's sat really deep and oniy running sideways before throwing long and loose hospital passes. His kicking is aimless and his preferred option because he looks scared of taking the ball into contact.

Brady seems to have forgotten how to tackle whilst out injured and his aimless kick for their second try is unforgivable.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Its gone past mickey taking now. My mates are saying how sad they are to see our plight but one fan mentioned that MOC will have his excuses and theories ready at FT! This is the offy,surely someone has some pull on here or some email addressess?
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

There are only a handful of players who should be retained, Wells ,Bateman ,Harry Thacker, possibly Thompstone

The rest are nowhere near Premiership standard

Absolutely atrocious
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

We aren't making Catres beat us, we are beating ourselves.

These two sides are both second teams. The difference looks like they have actually been coached together this week.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’m praying that Joe Ford is released and they bring in Marty McKenzie 🙏🙏
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

How many changes for Castres Tigerbeat?!
gingertiger47

Post by gingertiger47 »

This is now embarrassing. We send a second XV out to France when we still have at least a mathematical chance of qualifying from the pool & we are being thrashed. Sadly,I'm not sure it would have been much different had we sent out a first XV! I'm also saddened by the :censored: coming out of HQ about having to rest England players - I don't recall any other English team this weekend resting theirs. Time for a change at the top & shuffle out the politburo who has presided over this ongoing slow motion car crash.Don't blame the coach/DOR again as we've been here too often. Fresh blood, fresh thought, better recruitment is needed. Sorry Messrs Thom, Cohen, Wheeler et al, but you are past your sell by date. Thanks for the memories, but now is the time to move on.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: No Imagination

Post by Crofty »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:22 pm
Crofty wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:20 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 pm

You mean like he got them doing the previous two seasons? /s
You really think we're no worse than we were two seasons back? Even in the depths of the injury disaster we could still push over tries from 5m. Even in the depths of the injury disaster we weren't giving up 30 or 40 points every week. Even in the depths of the injury crisis, given our territory this evening, we'd still be in this game. We'll never know what RC would have been able to do with this squad but I'm hard pushed to imagine him not doing a damn sight better than scraping a win at home to the Not Nots and getting flattened week in week out against established top flight opposition!
where did i say that?
Cockers was hardly the leader of improvisation play or getting players to think on their feet, we just had players that could do that themselves.
So were they doing it two seasons back or not, your sarcasm, and previously observed opinions, make it difficult to tell?

Presuming that they were, and now they're not, but it's due to not having the players who can do it why didn't those who could pass on what they knew? Which leavers in the last 2 years have taken the knowledge with them?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

All very disappointing. Unless there is a stellar second half (looks unlikely), this looks to be another embarrassing defeat. As a loyal Tigers fan, I am wondering how long I’m going to have to endure this...
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Agree Joe Ford has been awful, completely out of his depth, it’s time to clear the decks and get a proper coaching set up, hope Stanko stays but we have been crying out for a forwards and skills coach for months and months, maybe a year in the comedy Euro cup would do us good?!
gingertiger47

Post by gingertiger47 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:24 pm 13 changes to the team that played last week and against a Castre side flying high in the French league...a team that has not played together and have not geled....no chance of qualifying so give the fringe players a chance.....maybe a mistake but the Premiership is the priority.
To avoid relegation presumably as we're not in sight of much else.It gives me no pleasure to post this.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

A joke of a selection left development players no chance to make an impression they’ve never even been given a chance a premiership level so to put them in the champion cup, seem like O’Connor trying to justify picking the same team for the last 7 weeks to set up young players to fail, should of at least had impact players on the bench to try and save some pride. This sends the team backwards again after last weeks run. O Connor can not be given to the end of the season, and this has got to be j fords, Brady’s and Fitzgerald last games in a tiger strip barring everyone else being injured.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Can't believe how negative everyone is!

As I sit - Merlot in hand watching BTSport - I've made a list of all the positives...

1. Mrs Marple is about to start on ITV3

Er.....that's it.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives