Away Trip to Castres

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Away Trip to Castres

Post by Soggypitch »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:47 pm Be fair, Tigers sold Castres tickets in advance of receiving them and asked for the stated price. On receipt and finding that the BOGOF prices applied Tigers immediately emailed purchasers to say they would get a refund, thank you very much Castres AND the Tiger's ticket office.
The problem is John I'm just not in the mood to be "fair" to Tigers at present! The performances are awful, the communication from the Club abysmal, the bars in the ground......aagh!!!!!!

Welford Rd used to be a rugby ground that you could wander round, get a drink without queuing for 20 mins, but now all that has changed for the worse, and I find myself increasingly fed up about it, particularly when we are playing so badly!!

But I agree re the tickets for Castres - through gritted teeth :smt003
Soggypitch
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Arrived in Toulouse surprisingly about half the plane were Tigers fans. Some have decided to hop on the train to Agen to watch Glaws tonight.
Looking forward to a good long weekend. Now going to hit the bars of Toulouse!!
Soggypitch
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:27 am
Welford Rd used to be a rugby ground that you could wander round, get a drink without queuing for 20 mins, but now all that has changed for the worse, and I find myself increasingly fed up about it, particularly when we are playing so badly!!
I distinctly remember fighting my way down from my lofty perch in the old Members' Stand to join a maul looking for a bar. The combined experience of screaming kids in the JTC room (tiny) , the sweaty armpits of fellow maulers, accompanied by sheep grease and 'used ale in all its forms' was accompanied by the need for sharp elbows, three hands and a way of catching the eye of the bar staff in the absence of a recognisable queue. Too often I was forced to turn back empty-handed in an attempt to reach my perch once more before the end of the first five minutes of the second half. Ah, the good ol' days...
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

You taking the you know what Grimlish :smt002

I liked the old Captains Bar under the clubhouse which usually had a speed bar for us beer drinkers, they actually pre poured a few pints, amazing really that they had the foresight with 20000 attending!

Ok not everything was better in the past, I’m not a complete dinosaur, but come on the current bars are :censored:!!
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm You taking the you know what Grimlish :smt002

I liked the old Captains Bar under the clubhouse which usually had a speed bar for us beer drinkers, they actually pre poured a few pints, amazing really that they had the foresight with 20000 attending!

Ok not everything was better in the past, I’m not a complete dinosaur, but come on the current bars are :censored:!!
It's probably because they are run by someone who has taken a degree in how to manage a bar but never actually poured a pint in their life! Like a lot of jobs now, management have wrongly had a fast track to the top without ever having got their hands dirty!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Well we're back, got the early flight out of Toulouse, bit of a nightmare journey negotiating the Toulouse ring road at rush hour, but we made it, just!

It was an excellent trip, the highs; Carcassonne, meeting some great Tigers fans and the food/wine!! :smt001

The lows; well do I really have to say!!!!!! :smt009
Soggypitch