Castres vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by fleabane »

Talking of “meaningless games”, it would be something of a disappointment for those of us who booked tickets and accommodation some time ago, to travel to see a 2nd 15 turnout from Tigers, which I’m afraid may be the case.

I can understand if this is the case, but it does make me think that I will be less enthusiastic about spending that amount of money in the future.
Valhalla I am coming!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

That's the risk you take when you voluntarily choose to purchase tickets, travel and hotels.

In fact, it's also a bit disrespectful to the Tigers players that may be playing that you're not as willing to watch them.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Some sympathy with fleabanes comment but as one who has been to most of Tigers matches in France and always travels expecting a win I have learned to accept disappointment when they lose which they have more often than not. The weekend away should be enjoyable despite the rugby, winning just improves it.
We are regrettably not going to be in the knockout stages this season, our England players have to be rested and some others may benefit from a break so lets give them one, we need fresh players to maximise results between now and the end of the season, top four is still possible, top six is a must. Obviously some players will know they are heading for pastures new and need to be in the shop window others may need to perform to secure a contract here.
All I ask is that the team that runs out in Castres gives 100% and it would be nice if win lose or draw they acknowledged the fans that had spent time and effort to support them.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:08 pm Some sympathy with fleabanes comment but as one who has been to most of Tigers matches in France and always travels expecting a win I have learned to accept disappointment when they lose which they have more often than not. The weekend away should be enjoyable despite the rugby, winning just improves it.
We are regrettably not going to be in the knockout stages this season, our England players have to be rested and some others may benefit from a break so lets give them one, we need fresh players to maximise results between now and the end of the season, top four is still possible, top six is a must. Obviously some players will know they are heading for pastures new and need to be in the shop window others may need to perform to secure a contract here.
All I ask is that the team that runs out in Castres gives 100% and it would be nice if win lose or draw they acknowledged the fans that had spent time and effort to support them.
It would be nice, full stop. The absence of such has upset a few! It's sad when you have away teams or even home teams when you travel to watch applauding you or stopping for a chat - which has happened to us at Wuss and Barf!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

For those making the trip I have been advised that Castres will be opening an area next to the stadium (Nicouleau Street) at 4pm with music, food and the Racing V Munster match on the screens. The actual stadium opens at 5pm. :smt026
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'd also like to know, preferably from fleabane, what game he would have rested the England players in. They HAVE to be rested in this block of games before the Six Nations.

Would you have risked it against Irish?
Would you wait until the home game against Racing?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

For those of us who are going to the game, it would appear to be best to enjoy the pre-match festivities in the Rue Frères Nicouleau that is adjacent to the ground.
But how are we going to know one another, other than, "Excuse me, sir, are you Soggypitch/Fleabane/Johnthegriff?" etc??!

For what it's worth, I'll be wearing a Tigers shirt and my froggy beret!!
A dimanche!!
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 am For those of us who are going to the game, it would appear to be best to enjoy the pre-match festivities in the Rue Frères Nicouleau that is adjacent to the ground.
But how are we going to know one another, other than, "Excuse me, sir, are you Soggypitch/Fleabane/Johnthegriff?" etc??!

A dimanche!!
That sounds like a plan. I’ll be in my Tigers shirt and jeans, should stand out no prob!!
Sent you a PM Robespierre.
Soggypitch
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am
Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 am For those of us who are going to the game, it would appear to be best to enjoy the pre-match festivities in the Rue Frères Nicouleau that is adjacent to the ground.

A dimanche!!
That sounds like a plan. I’ll be in my Tigers shirt and jeans, should stand out no prob!!
Sent you a PM Robespierre.
Ok, so who else will be there?
Semper in excretia
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Nice one Soggypitch.

Ellis9. Another non-sequitur. Quelle surprise.
Valhalla I am coming!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

15 George Worth

14 Tom Brady

13 Matt Smith

12 Charlie Thacker

11 Adam Thompstone

10 Joe Ford

9 Sam Harrison

1 Greg Bateman (c)

2 Harry Thacker

3 Pat Cilliers

4 Harry Wells

5 Mike Fitzgerald

6 Dominic Ryan

7 Will Evans

8 Valentino Mapapalangi

Replacements

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau

17 Michele Rizzo

18 Ben Betts

19 Joe Maksymiw

20 Brendon O’Connor

21 Harry Simmons

22 Mathew Tait

23 Nick Malouf
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Happy with that.

Europe is gone but a great opportunity for players to stake their claim for the first team in the Prem games.

Seems to scotch the Barrow rumours with him being captain?
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

Barrow isn't playing. Bateman is Captain.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Me, too, I'm happy with the team!!
These players deserve their chance and I look forward to being there to cheer them on! I don't get many oportunities to see Tigers now, except when I'm back in Leicester, so Allez les Tigres!!
Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

ourla wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:05 pm Happy with that.

Europe is gone but a great opportunity for players to stake their claim for the first team in the Prem games.

Seems to scotch the Barrow rumours with him being captain?
I like the team.

Where is Barrows name let alone him being captain?!