Two more wins this season?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger Cub

Two more wins this season?

Post by 1988 »

Only winseen i can see are Sale and Newcastle and no bonus points.

11th place finish.

Disgusting management
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Two more wins this season?

Post by trendylfj »

I can see we can achieve the following at best
Gloucester (A) 0 pts
Quins (H) 4 pts
Sarries (A) 0 pts
Warriers (A) 4 pts
Wasps (H) 4 pts
Bath (A) 1 pt
Saints (H) 4 pts
Falcons (H) 4 pts
Sharks (A) 1 pt

54 max - if we do that we will have done very well. Yes, people will look at this and have a different opinion but that number of points is unlikely to get us into the top 6. 14/5 7th =; 15/6 8th; 16/7 6th.
Hehehehehehehehe
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:44 pm I can see we can achieve the following at best
Gloucester (A) 0 pts
Quins (H) 4 pts
Sarries (A) 0 pts
Warriers (A) 4 pts
Wasps (H) 4 pts
Bath (A) 1 pt
Saints (H) 4 pts
Falcons (H) 4 pts
Sharks (A) 1 pt

54 max - if we do that we will have done very well. Yes, people will look at this and have a different opinion but that number of points is unlikely to get us into the top 6. 14/5 7th =; 15/6 8th; 16/7 6th.
At the moment I would have doubts about Wasps, Falcons getting more than a point at best.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Very pessimistic prediction 1988, but unless we significantly improve you could be right, unfortunately!!
Soggypitch
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Likewise if we win at Gloc 4th is still on!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes Rugbyflanker but Gloucester will have only lost Owen Williams to Wales whereas we would have lost 4 internationals possibly Manu.

If we improve and Gengey returns then perhaps a possibility, we'll see how many improvements are made during the next four weeks
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Well, we have closed the gap on Exeter by 4 points this weekend......
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Noticed that there weren't any try bonus points in the predictions, which seems fair enough as we are bottom of the table for those (equal with London Irish). We have one try bonus point in the premiership, next lowest is 3; Exeter have 8.

While winning is first priority, the lack of bonus points is also killing our chances of a top six finish.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:03 pm
trendylfj wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:44 pm I can see we can achieve the following at best
Gloucester (A) 0 pts
Quins (H) 4 pts
Sarries (A) 0 pts
Warriers (A) 4 pts
Wasps (H) 4 pts
Bath (A) 1 pt
Saints (H) 4 pts
Falcons (H) 4 pts
Sharks (A) 1 pt

At the moment I would have doubts about Wasps, Falcons getting more than a point at best.
4 points against Quins is a real pipe dream as is Warriors also
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Soggypitch wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm Very pessimistic prediction 1988, but unless we significantly improve you could be right, unfortunately!!
I'd put money on him being right - its a good job London Irish are here to save the team. And even that's debateable the way this shower are performing.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Looks like it could be optimistic now!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Bristol Tiger wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:01 pm Noticed that there weren't any try bonus points in the predictions, which seems fair enough as we are bottom of the table for those (equal with London Irish). We have one try bonus point in the premiership, next lowest is 3; Exeter have 8.

While winning is first priority, the lack of bonus points is also killing our chances of a top six finish.
I've said again and again that the lack of winning (when they were!) bonus points was detrimental to the team's standing, only to be told that bonus points weren't important. If you look at the table, the bonus points the team (almost certainly) missed out on early doors would have Tigers in 6th right now.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 am Looks like it could be optimistic now!
I think top 6 is the best we could do, but we need to sack MOC and appoint an interim HC (possibly Smurf) as well as interim Forwards and backs coaches.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 am I've said again and again that the lack of winning (when they were!) bonus points was detrimental to the team's standing, only to be told that bonus points weren't important.
That isn't what you were told. You were told that winning games was the most important but that BP's were also important but no good if you are not winning most of the games.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 am
Roly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 am I've said again and again that the lack of winning (when they were!) bonus points was detrimental to the team's standing, only to be told that bonus points weren't important.
That isn't what you were told. You were told that winning games was the most important but that BP's were also important but no good if you are not winning most of the games.
Oooo, you'd have to provide a quote, because I'm afraid I don't believe you.