mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Over Reaction to Defeats

Post by mol2 »

Over reaction?
6 defeats on the trot.
Scraped past London Irish?

What does it take to recognised the inbred "Tiger's way" is heading the way of the Dodo?

Our head coach failed - left, failed at Leinster so we appoint him as DOR.

For heaven's sake, do we have to get relegated before the directors accept we need to bring in an abrasive, experienced DOR with no previous linkd to Tigers.

We played a front row and 12 backs today(Those wearing 4,5,6 and 8 should be sent on their way at the end of the season). Utility 6/8/locks are ok for the bench but top level rugby.......We are stuck with them for this season.

The team strategy was absent - even George Ford and Ben Youngs looked lost - the England half back pairing.

The DOR has to go now!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

DOR we sacked succeeded at Toulon and is doing a good job of reviving the moribund Embra. Erhaps if he had been hivenbthe money gor players he asked for three years ago we would've been better off and selling Fred and OW and Ed regardless was stupid. Our only good buy for this season has been May. The club is goingvdiwn the toilet currently, it was :censored: embarrassing today.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
No8

Post by No8 »

The reaction (deliberately dropped the 'over'), isn't just about our performance over the last 6 matches, it's based on the last 4 seasons and is totally unacceptable!!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

No8 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:00 pm The reaction (deliberately dropped the 'over'), isn't just about our performance over the last 6 matches, it's based on the last 4 seasons and is totally unacceptable!!
This :smt023
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

In any National Company, with the total decline we have experienced over the last 15 years, drip by drip, the MD and Board would have long since gone.

I have been attending the Tigers for 67 years, since I was 4.

Despite some outstanding individual backs plus the best forward we could ever hope for( Genge) our lack of coaching is crucifyingly bad.

Whatever good this Board has expedited, individually or collectively, has long since disappeared..

Todays ( abysmal) cohesion, despite scraping a win was the final straw.

We really are-----------as we stand now-------- :censored:
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

It's not overreaction it's honesty. Today was a complete embarassment by the Tigers who struggled to get past Irish. If we'd got a TBP it would have been a travesty. Half backs were useless today and why persevere with may at full back when he's a winger.
MoC is not good enough IMHO to turn this club around. We are heading to harlequins style mid table dross.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

dunc wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:41 pm Also I'm not sure why we have completely written off Europe. We are not yet out of Europe.

If we get 2 BP wins we would be on 16.
If Munster lose both games and get no BP they would be on 15.
If Racing beat Munster and lose to us and get no BPs they would be on 15
If Castres beat Munster and lose to us they would be on 13 at most
A lot of ifs 🤣 Not sure if you are serious or just extracting urine🤔
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Since I have never rated MOC I am not surprised, indeed I now feel my original sceptical and much criticised stance is justified. And frankly if a former DOR was here we would see Barrow, Wells and BOC installed as fixtures based on Wednesday beasting sessions and punchups.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Noddy555 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:30 pm We have lost the last 4 games, but who were we playing?

1, Two games against arguably the best team in the Celtic league.
2, The |Aviva Champions of 2015/2016.
3. The current Aviva champions.

No the time to get worried is if we fail to get maximum points against the league's bottom club.
It isnt the fact that we lost its the manner of defeat - I can accept, although not like, defeat but it's the manner in it that sticks in my thoat. At times gutless but if we can't tackle, defend or even catch the ball what chance have we? I have never felt like chucking in my season ticket than now. So sad to say so 😓
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

MOC is out of his depth, perhaps he can remain at Tigers in a coaching capacity, even head coach but we must appoint a DoR to lead the club out of this mess.

I was expecting 40+ point today and certainly a TBP. We had home advantage, we were playing the team rooted at the bottom of the AP, we had a strong starting 15, we should have been fired up about arresting a losing streak. If there was a game for MOC to demonstrate just why we need him this was it, across 80 minutes I saw enough.

Tigers were leaderless today, decision making was sluggish..LI competed harder than us at the breakdown, I could go on.

I'm sure the players are as frustrated as the fans, no doubt more so. There is effort there and they are obviously training hard, what's missing is direction and structure.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I don't think we have the right head coach; I don't rate a number of the forwards although a great forwards coach would certainly get more out of them; and our recruitment has been disjointed and confused for a while.

Nevertheless, we have what we have so must deal with the here and now. This is what I saw today...

A head coach wandering aimlessly about during the warm-up, seemingly contributing nothing - hands in pockets setting a dreadful example.

Jonny May - a great wing when he has a touchline to focus him but like a pheasant running in all directions at 15 and he doesn't direct the back 3. Who put that number on his back when both Worth and Tait are miles better?

George Ford didn't lead or direct. A couple of times with penalties he asked others whether he should kick for touch or goal. He was Captain! We have the England half-back pairing but a casual observer wouldn't know. They're not working well together and Toomua is being wasted.

Long, floaty passes from 10 and 12 which stopped the attack dead and invited interceptions. We supposedly have a great back-line?

Lost attacking line-outs from 5m out. Why? They used to be almost guaranteed tries.

Players were constantly isolated. I can understand it (just) with Jonny May but when one of the front 5 makes a break and there isn't at least one person on his shoulder, it's amateurish.

No fire, passion, desire - other than from Kitch and Cole and Harry Thacker when he came on.

Referee was ok-ish but had no control of either the clock nor the high-viz interruptions that came on when they damn well felt like it!

I don't know what I watched today. The crowd tried damn hard to do their bit but that......that was not Leicester Tigers.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

dunc wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:32 pm The recent run of form has prompted quite an extreme reaction on here but actually taking matches against Wasps, Saracens, Exeter and Munster in isolation they are games that no team would go into expecting to win. It is unfortunate that these games have come back to back but we really shouldn't panic and over react.

Where we need to get better is closing out the games that we should be expecting to win. In particular the Bath, Saints and Worcester games this year have really cost us. Had we won those games then we would currently be lying joint 2nd in the table. Given that 2 of those games came at the start of the season when the team was still forming and 1 around the international period and during a mini injury crisis there are mitigating circumstances here that don't excuse the defeats but help to explain them.

Looking at the fixtures this weekend it is not inconceivable that we will be back in 5th place come Sunday night.

So in summary can we please get a sense of perspective we are building a great team, this process isn't complete and won't be for some time. We have had some bad results but also some good ones(Exeter, Gloucester, Castres) and I'm still sure that at the business end of the season we will be in the mix for the Premiership.
5-10 years ago, Leicester were that category of team, I.e. no one could really go into a game expecting to beat them. That’s the problem, biggest club in England punching below its weight.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Noddy555 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:30 pm We have lost the last 4 games, but who were we playing?

1, Two games against arguably the best team in the Celtic league.
2, The |Aviva Champions of 2015/2016.
3. The current Aviva champions.

No the time to get worried is if we fail to get maximum points against the league's bottom club.
Must be time to get worried Noddy555
tripeandonions
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tripeandonions »

This used to be a club that recruited average players and turned them into good ones. And turned good players into excellent ones. This reputation was well deserved and, as a consequence, players were keen to be taken on by the club, especially the forwards. Recently we've had Ellis Genge in this category but he's been an exception.
Lately, this seems to have gone into reverse. Good players are becoming average ones, potential isn't being developed. There is probably a long list of reasons this has happened, so how can this trend be arrested? I don't think it can be done very easily now though as the club seems to have lost that "go to" reputation as career-makers.
To me, this has been the biggest underlying deficiency of my the past few years, and the performance yesterday showed that up in an ugly way.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Thanks heavens for LI otherwise I'd have us down as candidates for relegation. Abysmal. Where is the intelligence in this side. We had a 4 point lead and on at least 3 occasions we declined 3 points and went into the corner, a tactic which has been an abject failure all season. For heavens sake win the game first or at least make it safe.
I'm not cynical just experienced