The next 4 weeks

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The next 4 weeks

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Hopefully the board will come to their senses and realise what a terrible mistake theyve....no i didnt think so!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:14 pm
speedski wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:11 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:04 pm Why do people still seem to think the Hotel and Car park is affecting our spending ability it isn't we spend up to the cap.
We need those revenues to try and make a profit etc.

A club doesn't just magically make money from nothing it has to generate it.
No one said it affected our ability to spend money. But its ALL Cohen talks about - our situation on the pitch isn't being properly addressed, if it is its clearly not being properly addressed for resolution.
I would rather he just focused on that and left the rugby stuff to people who have been involved in the game as CEO he has to work on things that have nothing to do with Rugby, you know that right?
speedski wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:12 pm
TheRock wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:07 pm Exeter are planning to build a hotel too.
Rightly earned the rights to do so - they won the premiership, they sit many points ahead of everyone else and can a) catch a ball, b) not kick it away and c) score from the corner!!!
that makes no sense? A club should only look to increase it's revenue streams when it has won the league? What?

I'm hardly a Cohen fan but building a hotel and carp park are good moves off the pitch IMO.
He got in involved in the rugby to get us even worse off than we were under cockers. I am aware he should have limited influence, but he is a distraction. That you cannot argue.

As for increasing revenue streams - we can't spend any more on the players than the cap- we can afford the cap based on what we have today. My point with Exeter is they are playing the game the right way and seeing results. Therefore they can look to diversify.

Its like we've accepted the rugby can go to pot as long as we've got enough money coming in. So we've become a business and the fans will just accept the rugby for what it is...
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

speedski wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:39 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:14 pm
speedski wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:11 pm

No one said it affected our ability to spend money. But its ALL Cohen talks about - our situation on the pitch isn't being properly addressed, if it is its clearly not being properly addressed for resolution.
I would rather he just focused on that and left the rugby stuff to people who have been involved in the game as CEO he has to work on things that have nothing to do with Rugby, you know that right?
speedski wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Rightly earned the rights to do so - they won the premiership, they sit many points ahead of everyone else and can a) catch a ball, b) not kick it away and c) score from the corner!!!
that makes no sense? A club should only look to increase it's revenue streams when it has won the league? What?

I'm hardly a Cohen fan but building a hotel and carp park are good moves off the pitch IMO.
He got in involved in the rugby to get us even worse off than we were under cockers. I am aware he should have limited influence, but he is a distraction. That you cannot argue.

As for increasing revenue streams - we can't spend any more on the players than the cap- we can afford the cap based on what we have today. My point with Exeter is they are playing the game the right way and seeing results. Therefore they can look to diversify.

Its like we've accepted the rugby can go to pot as long as we've got enough money coming in. So we've become a business and the fans will just accept the rugby for what it is...
The cap will go up at some point in the future. We made a loss last year. Unless we increase revenue we won't be able to afford it.

The Board are culpable for the current situation IMO but the hotel isn't the problem
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Broken record time but the board mustve weighed up MOC "pedigree" what pedigree?! We were top try scorers 4/5 seasons here but the top try scorers were R.Maul,P.Try and W.Alkin! It was never scintillating back play bar Gonevas good season and T.Flood,whos back play for England with Ashton and Foden was electric at times. Anyway i digress but MOC destroyed Leinster and he will finish us too,a coach who will continuously blame everyone bar himself!
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:35 pm [quote=Stephen18 post_id=681815 time=<a href="tel:1515263512">1515263512</a> user_id=12229]
[quote=RagingBull post_id=681802 time=<a href="tel:1515261894">1515261894</a> user_id=10459]
Why do people still seem to think the Hotel and Car park is affecting our spending ability it isn't we spend up to the cap.

I don’t understand how people think building a hotel is going to be a great revenue stream it’s not like it will be in a remote area, there are numerous hotels within a mile of the ground many we’ll know cheap hotels and they are located in the city centre if I were a traveling fan that’s where I would stay so that after the game when I go into town have some food some drinks I don’t then have to travel back to the ground.
[/quote]

did i say great?
[/quote]
Fair enough you didn’t, let put it another way when you add up the cost of buying the land, building the hotel, the running cost and the amount of competition and location do you think it will ever pay itself back at all, let alone produce a revenue. Now my company have people say away all over the country every week as a standard we use travel lodge as we get a company discount, they are all a certain standard all they all have a restaurant attached and are cheap, so my point is who is going to use this hotel as pointed out earlier it would have made much better financial sense to have just built a multi story car park.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stephen18 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:35 pm [quote=Stephen18 post_id=681815 time=<a href="tel:1515263512">1515263512</a> user_id=12229]
[quote=RagingBull post_id=681802 time=<a href="tel:1515261894">1515261894</a> user_id=10459]
Why do people still seem to think the Hotel and Car park is affecting our spending ability it isn't we spend up to the cap.

I don’t understand how people think building a hotel is going to be a great revenue stream it’s not like it will be in a remote area, there are numerous hotels within a mile of the ground many we’ll know cheap hotels and they are located in the city centre if I were a traveling fan that’s where I would stay so that after the game when I go into town have some food some drinks I don’t then have to travel back to the ground.
did i say great?
[/quote]
Fair enough you didn’t, let put it another way when you add up the cost of buying the land, building the hotel, the running cost and the amount of competition and location do you think it will ever pay itself back at all, let alone produce a revenue. Now my company have people say away all over the country every week as a standard we use travel lodge as we get a company discount, they are all a certain standard all they all have a restaurant attached and are cheap, so my point is who is going to use this hotel as pointed out earlier it would have made much better financial sense to have just built a multi story car park.
[/quote]

Aren't we leasing it and have offers on the table so running costs would be our problem (Guess that depends on the contract).
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Think you will find that Tigers are not paying for the building of the hotel it's basically a land leasing deal.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The Cohen stuff sounds suspiciously like a certain hobby horse being ridden.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

The new black and white slapstick comedy "Cohen and Tom and the exhaustive search" 😂😂😂
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

MOC basically said amongst his usual upbeat and repetitive excuses and spin that all the England players will be rested.
The next round of premiership matches is on the weekend of 10th February, after the 6 nations has started, so MOC is resting the England players for Eddie Jones basically plus on previous experience at least one will return injured.
A citizen of hope and glory
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Believe that it is a contractual agreement that England players are rested for one week prior to the 6 Nations.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:34 pm Think you will find that Tigers are not paying for the building of the hotel it's basically a land leasing deal.
If that is true that’s someone has managed to convince a company to pay us lease land off of us, and build a hotel on it to a design that we have specified. Then that person deserves a pay rise.