The next 4 weeks

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

The next 4 weeks

Post by RagingBull »

So the next 4 weeks are basically a write off yes?
Out of Europe
Play the youngster in the mickey mouse cup.

So that gives the board 4 weeks to sign and bring in a forwards coach be it a normal forwards coach or a DOR forwards coach.
also gives us 4 weeks to sort out what's going on with Barrow and find a potential replacement (A good one aswell :smt013 )

Prob good timing to have these 4 weeks in a row, although only if the BOD do something.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: The next 4 weeks

Post by WiggoTiger »

Will be embarrassing again. Leicester Tigers as a club at present are a laughing stock, clueless on and off the pitch.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:47 pm Will be embarrassing again. Leicester Tigers as a club at present are a laughing stock, clueless on and off the pitch.
But at least we are getting a hotel and a car park.

Its not the DOR or a new coach we need (as nothing is different now versus Cockers or Maugs) its a new board - its a passion and a pace which isn't driven by some financed noose of a hotel which brings nothing to the pitch. Cohen is a liability and is systematically destroying what is Tigers through a commercial greed of no club benefit.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Why do people still seem to think the Hotel and Car park is affecting our spending ability it isn't we spend up to the cap.
We need those revenues to try and make a profit etc.

A club doesn't just magically make money from nothing it has to generate it.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Exeter are planning to build a hotel too.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MOC basically said amongst his usual upbeat and repetitive excuses and spin that all the England players will be rested.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:04 pm Why do people still seem to think the Hotel and Car park is affecting our spending ability it isn't we spend up to the cap.

No one said it affected our ability to spend money. But its ALL Cohen talks about - our situation on the pitch isn't being properly addressed, if it is its clearly not being properly addressed for resolution.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

TheRock wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:07 pm Exeter are planning to build a hotel too.
Rightly earned the rights to do so - they won the premiership, they sit many points ahead of everyone else and can a) catch a ball, b) not kick it away and c) score from the corner!!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

speedski wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:11 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:04 pm Why do people still seem to think the Hotel and Car park is affecting our spending ability it isn't we spend up to the cap.

No one said it affected our ability to spend money. But its ALL Cohen talks about - our situation on the pitch isn't being properly addressed, if it is its clearly not being properly addressed for resolution.
I would rather he just focused on that and left the rugby stuff to people who have been involved in the game as CEO he has to work on things that have nothing to do with Rugby, you know that right?
speedski wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:12 pm
TheRock wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:07 pm Exeter are planning to build a hotel too.
Rightly earned the rights to do so - they won the premiership, they sit many points ahead of everyone else and can a) catch a ball, b) not kick it away and c) score from the corner!!!
that makes no sense? A club should only look to increase it's revenue streams when it has won the league? What?

I'm hardly a Cohen fan but building a hotel and carp park are good moves off the pitch IMO.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:14 pm Building a carp park are good moves off the pitch IMO.
So we won't even have a decent facility to put vehicles in either?....... :smt002

Freudian slip, or were you phishing for a response?

The 'break' has come at the right point, it's much needed. Let the 2nd string and youngsters have a go for the next 4 weeks.

Some players have been too heavily relied upon (e.g. Dan Cole) and others have been given the shirt too many times in recent weeks.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

We need a multi-storey car park more than a hotel but good investment nonetheless
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

My XV for the next two Champions Cup games
1 Bateman
2 Polota-nau
3 Mulipola
4 Wells
5 Kitchener
6 Dom Ryan
7 O’Connor
8 Kalamafoni
9 Shazam
10 Toomua
11 Holmes
12 Tuilagi
13 Smith
14 Malouf
15 Worth
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

I don’t understand how people think building a hotel is going to be a great revenue stream it’s not like it will be in a remote area, there are numerous hotels within a mile of the ground many we’ll know cheap hotels and they are located in the city centre if I were a traveling fan that’s where I would stay so that after the game when I go into town have some food some drinks I don’t then have to travel back to the ground.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

My XV for the Absolutely Worthless Cup
1 Rizzo
2 Mahoney (trained with senior team today so there must interest in him)
3 Bateman
4 Wells
5 Makysmiw
6 Reffell
7 Evans
8 Tuilagi Jr
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Holmes
12 C Thacker
13 Olowofela
14 Thompstone
15 Worth
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stephen18 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:31 pm

I don’t understand how people think building a hotel is going to be a great revenue stream it’s not like it will be in a remote area, there are numerous hotels within a mile of the ground many we’ll know cheap hotels and they are located in the city centre if I were a traveling fan that’s where I would stay so that after the game when I go into town have some food some drinks I don’t then have to travel back to the ground.
did i say great?