Champions Cup Fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Champions Cup Fixtures

Post by trendylfj »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:14 pm We normally stand at Tigers and I see there are cheap standing tickets at Castres, but does anyone know if the view is decent/terrace tiered etc?

I remember going to watch Tigers play in Perpignan and we got standing tickets, it was awful, behind a horrible fence and just a flat area with no tiering!

Don't want to make that mistake again so could do with some local knowledge....
There is a good stadium plan on the Castres web site - we used that and the stadium web site - good pictures of the stadium also on it F/B page
Hehehehehehehehe
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Castres , Tigers' opponents in a couple of weeks, beat Clermont away yesterday and are now third in the Top14 so life ain't going to get any easier. Racing, who they play the following week are 4th and would expect to get second place in this pool - although maybe not enough to be on of the best second place teams. So if Tigers don't beat Irish next week, O'Connor's head will surely roll.
Semper in excretia
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Great atmosphere, great crowd, friendly, virtually new stadium (Castres, that is!).

If you go, don’t forget to buy tokens inside the ground - they are the only things drinks and food stall holders accept, not cash.
Valhalla I am coming!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

So who among you all will be going to the game at Castres?
Semper in excretia
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:42 am Castres , Tigers' opponents in a couple of weeks, beat Clermont away yesterday and are now third in the Top14 so life ain't going to get any easier. Racing, who they play the following week are 4th and would expect to get second place in this pool - although maybe not enough to be on of the best second place teams. So if Tigers don't beat Irish next week, O'Connor's head will surely roll.
MOC head may well roll but IMO Cohen and BoD should go first!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I am going with wifie and 2 friends - Carcassonne for 2 nights, Castres for 3 and fly back from Toulouse late on Monday
Hehehehehehehehe
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

There was a time in the long distant past when we could travel to Pau---- brilliant weekend---- Beziers-----just as brilliant----Perpignan------even better----and come away knowing we were amongst the European elite

Thanks to the Board primarily concentrating on the Stadium, and neglecting the key asset, we now are also rans who will never fill the ground.

As a supporter since I first went to the Tigers in 1950, in the world I come from, heads need to roll pretty quickly, and some quantum decisions taken to redress the hole we are deeply in. Very deeply.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:09 pm So who among you all will be going to the game at Castres?
Yes I'm going with my wife Robespierre - Friday night in Toulouse, Saturday in Carcassonne and Sunday in Castres, flying back from Toulouse on Monday morning.

Still not bought my match tickets yet, just can't bring myself to part with yet more hard earned cash to watch our current rubbish, but no doubt I will "bite the bullet" in the next day or so.

Unfortunately it's turned into a cultural/gastronomic weekend, rather than a rugby weekend, for obvious reasons (ie we are rubbish and out of Europe)!!
Soggypitch
tigermum
Tiger Cub

Post by tigermum »

Just bought our tickets for the Castres game.......two seats on halfway line in main stand. Eu50 for the two as Castres currently doing a "bogof"! Flying out Wednesday from Stansted to Carcassone and back from Toulouse on Monday evening. A pity that the match is a dead rubber but still looking forward to exploring a new corner of France. Looks like Carcassone will have a Tigers presence on Wednesday night. Will be looking out for shirts in the bars.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Tried to buy my tickets from the club yesterday only to be told they had all been sent back. I pointed out that the day before the web site was saying there were plenty available for sale to season ticket holders/members only. As I'm not a member/STH I waited a day and called to find out the position, only to be told they had been returned!

I asked if the club weren't bothered about support from non members then? Would it not have been an idea to open up the sale to non members? They were completely indifferent and just said buy from the Castres site.

Well I'm still not happy about that, but as Tigermum has pointed out Castres have a two for one offer, so got two decent seats high up in an end stand for 20 euros total!!

We're in Toulouse on Friday, Carcassonne on Saturday and Castres on Sunday. Hope to see a few of you there.
Soggypitch
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

tigermum wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 pm Just bought our tickets for the Castres game.......two seats on halfway line in main stand. Eu50 for the two as Castres currently doing a "bogof"! Flying out Wednesday from Stansted to Carcassone and back from Toulouse on Monday evening. A pity that the match is a dead rubber but still looking forward to exploring a new corner of France. Looks like Carcassone will have a Tigers presence on Wednesday night. Will be looking out for shirts in the bars.

See you at Stansted - we are doing exactly the same trip but are stay for 2 nights in Carcassone
Hehehehehehehehe