Tigers v Exeter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RichG
Tiger Cub

Re: Tigers v Exeter

Post by RichG »

Exeter take their chances. We don’t. Lose next week and need a clear out of all of the coaches.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

For 50 minutes I thought we did well -then brain fart. The biggest problem for me is the glaring lack of attacking ability, thought, ideas. Who is the attack coach? - MOC!!
Give blood, play rugby!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

One of my boys said "Logo is making a lot of tackles" but of course it was the No.2 with the same hair style. So now we have a new nickname for him; "Not Logo", much easier to remember! And he had a good game.
Soggypitch
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

It was always going to be tough going down there but we look too one dimensional. After three phases we can't get passed the defending team. You can have the best back line in the world but if your forwards don't earn the right to go wide it makes it hard for you to score. At least tuiagi played well.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

And there's the Hawaii.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Tigers pack is pitiful. Too many not willing to tough it out. Got knocked back at every collision.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I told you we'd be hammered. Another sad day to be a tigers fan who has spent money travelling to sandy Park. Something has got to happen at WR.
Referee wanted them to get the bonus point IMHO
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

We're not getting beaten we are getting stuffed.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

That was utter drivel from Tigers. Well played Exeter though - really do play like the new Tigers. If only we could have learnt from our own history!!

Questions have to be asked about coaching and recruitment strategy. Not a fan of MOC, but think he should be tasked with turning this around by the end of the season otherwise would want to see a new coaching set-up.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:54 pm We're not getting beaten we are getting stuffed.
And the sad thing is Exeter didn't even play that well, we just gifted it to them.
Soggypitch
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

How many handling errors by Exeter?? We couldn't capitalise on their mistakes as we were always standing still receiving the ball.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Not unexpected I am afraid.
Disappointing never the less.
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

That was as low as I think you can get (especially after allowing Worcester to win at WR after close to 100 yrs).

Many of the players are simply not up to the task and the same can be said for a number of the coaching staff.

To those who are allegedly running the club (some would say into the ground), you need to get a grip or the fans you covet will simply stop turning up to watch turgid, unimaginative one dimensional rugby.

Eddie Jones was watching today and if I was him, I wouldn't pick any of our players. There are plenty of other options in all the positions our players currently occupy.

I have been a STH for over ten years now and this is the worst I have seen them play. Something has to change and soon!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Same old story week in week out. Poor handling skills especially from the forwards. Mauger said on his arrival that the handling skills of the squad needed much improvement? Obviously since his departure it is still on the 'to do' list. Embarrassing to watch!! :smt010
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I genuinely cannot remember a game with Hamilton at 7 where I have thought he excelled, where are Brendan O'Connor, Will Evans or even Harry Thacker? They all seem to have some more dynamism about them