Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Bah-Humbug Award

Post by Big Dai »

G.K wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 pm
Big Dai wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 pm Didn't even get a look in! Disgusted!
I nominate Dai...
...there happy now?
No, frankly. But it's only being this miserable that makes me the happy bloke I am.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:27 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:55 am
JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:31 pm 1 Roly
2 Scott - For thinking the world has already ended
3 Strawclearer
Unfair on Strawclearer.

But I'd like to nominate one obvious candidate for the rose tinted specs award........drum roll...step forward Ellis9 :smt003
No VotC not ellis9, he may spend most of his time on a different planet to the rest of us but he's not bah humbug, be fair!! :smt009
But I didn't nominate Ellis for the Bah Humbug award. It was for the another award - the rose tinted specs award which is completely different and has substantially different criteria.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I understand that Santa Claus will be loitering with intent in the ABC before and after the match - and that he and his little helpers will be rummaging in Santa's sack at half time!

Apparently he knows who's won both the national Bah-Humbug Award and the overseas winner and, if you approach him in a kindly fashion (ie with a tot of something warming particularly sloe gin) he'll let you know who they are!

Oh and, we asked Santa what the weather would be like for the match and he said "No rain dear!"

[I'll get my :smt114 coat!]
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

We Tigers really need to stop living in the past and up our game to compete with the negativity permiating from the Saracens and Exeter fans(fortunately Wasps don't have any fans and the Saints fans left this thread after the first semtence).

I mean look at Roly perennially injured to the extent that no one can remember the time 5 years ago when he showed the kiwi's how to moan. As for Scott he is just another journeyman pessimist after a big pay day
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

dunc wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:05 am We Tigers really need to stop living in the past and up our game to compete with the negativity permiating from the Saracens and Exeter fans(fortunately Wasps don't have any fans and the Saints fans left this thread after the first semtence).

I mean look at Roly perennially injured to the extent that no one can remember the time 5 years ago when he showed the kiwi's how to moan. As for Scott he is just another journeyman pessimist after a big pay day
Exactly!
Tiger beat should never have gotten rid of DarganJ and a couple of other UBER-trolls who are now (probably) tearing it up on the round-ball forums. We always let our best talent go and look what we’re left with.
Our trolls are in terminal decline and highly unbalanced. They simply can’t compete with the saccharin-charged, rose-tinted superfan(s) on here (you know your name(s))...
We need to start getting some home-grown talent coming through.
We should be scouring the murkiest corners of the JTC to ensure the future negativity of the forum is in rude health and populated by people who were born in the LRI.
Merry Xmas, one and all :smt016
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

I blame Cohen
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd like to complain about this totally inappropriate post. Merry Xmas indeed on the BAH-HUMBUG AWARD topic. :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Be creative like me and cheerfully post
https://is.gd/ZKT8ab
Bah Humbug Hat is on! (Yes I have got one)
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

L Smith wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:48 am
dunc wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:05 am We Tigers really need to stop living in the past and up our game to compete with the negativity permiating from the Saracens and Exeter fans(fortunately Wasps don't have any fans and the Saints fans left this thread after the first semtence).

Exactly!
Tiger beat should never have gotten rid of DarganJ and a couple of other UBER-trolls who are now (probably) tearing it up on the round-ball forums. We always let our best talent go and look what we’re left with.
Our trolls are in terminal decline and highly unbalanced. They simply can’t compete with the saccharin-charged, rose-tinted superfan(s) on here (you know your name(s))...
We need to start getting some home-grown talent coming through.
We should be scouring the murkiest corners of the JTC to ensure the future negativity of the forum is in rude health and populated by people who were born in the LRI.
Love it! Bah-Humbug is in good hands - alive and unwell and living in the Crumbie! :smt114
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:53 am
[/quote]

I'd like to complain about this totally inappropriate post. Merry Xmas indeed on the BAH-HUMBUG AWARD topic. :smt003
[/quote]
Yes: where’s Rizzo when you need her/him (depending on which thread we’re on)?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

It's all very well saying the above, but clearly we have to stay within the complaint cap, which other clubs ignore. Though perhaps there's room for manoeuvre with whingery dispensation.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Well Christmas is over again, but to be fair not the whole festive period, so there's still room for a late runner.....

I reckon we all had a taste of Bah-humbug following the Sarries game, but I've not changed my original nominations, read the comments of GK and Scott since that defeat and I can honestly say they have consolidated their places at the top of the table very nicely!! :smt001
Soggypitch
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Soggypitch wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:42 pm Well Christmas is over again, but to be fair not the whole festive period, so there's still room for a late runner.....

I reckon we all had a taste of Bah-humbug following the Sarries game, but I've not changed my original nominations, read the comments of GK and Scott since that defeat and I can honestly say they have consolidated their places at the top of the table very nicely!! :smt001
Thanks for the support Soggy, I'm doing my best here and the Tigers team and coaching staff are helping a lot. I'm just starting my warm up now for Sandy Park on New Years Eve. :smt004
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

G.K wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:13 am
Soggypitch wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:42 pm Well Christmas is over again, but to be fair not the whole festive period, so there's still room for a late runner.....

Thanks for the support Soggy, I'm doing my best here and the Tigers team and coaching staff are helping a lot. I'm just starting my warm up now for Sandy Park on New Years Eve. :smt004
Be careful not to peak too early GK.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Don't pull a hamstring!! :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!