Champions Cup Fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

NaptonTiger
Tiger Cub

Re: Champions Cup Fixtures

Post by NaptonTiger »

Just to add to the general level of European Rugby Cup incompetence as mentioned in the Manu citing thread (refs - which rules do we play to, touch judges - ignore most things, citing officials - farce), here we are with 3 weeks to go and still no round 5 fixture dates times on the official EPRC website. Take away a few days for Christmas and they are cutting it a bit fine for anyone to book travel, time off, accommodation etc. Do they actually want fans to go to these matches or are they striving for new levels of incompetence? How difficult can it be?
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

This is the same every year. Apparently something to do with TV schedules. Although why it can't be sorted out many weeks in advance smacks of ineptitude. What is gained by waiting so long? It does make any travel plans and time off, for those of us who still have to work, difficult to arrange. The matches could be played anytime between Friday evening and Sunday evening and there really is no excuse for not getting these dates agreed before the middle of November.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Dates being announced this afternoon apparently. About time!!

Hoping there will be some cheap tickets available, otherwise I may opt for a nice restaurant instead and watch it in some bar in Castres.....

Not that I'm tight or anything :smt003
Soggypitch
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ro ... -confirmed

Let's see if the earlier release was a hoax or someone slipped up, would prefer the Saturday...more recovery time!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

NaptonTiger wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 am Just to add to the general level of European Rugby Cup incompetence as mentioned in the Manu citing thread (refs - which rules do we play to, touch judges - ignore most things, citing officials - farce), here we are with 3 weeks to go and still no round 5 fixture dates times on the official EPRC website. Take away a few days for Christmas and they are cutting it a bit fine for anyone to book travel, time off, accommodation etc. Do they actually want fans to go to these matches or are they striving for new levels of incompetence? How difficult can it be?
EPC handed over 100% control to BT/Sky on fixture dates / kick off times, I guess for a few extra quid. Sky/BT may have rugby men in front of the camera's but the TV money men could not give a flying **** for supporters, and of course they are the ones who decide. Nothing will change unless and until at the next contract renewal the rugby authorities, to use a phrase, "take back control", but don't hold your breath. In the meantime book a long weekend (Fri-Mon) in France and you will be fine!
JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

Castres Sunday 14 Jan 6:30pm kick off !!!!!
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

JerryGas wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:00 pm Castres Sunday 14 Jan 6:30pm kick off !!!!!
It is as the link I posted said then.

5.30pm UK time.

Will put a few more travelling fans off I guess, over and above those that may have decided not to go because of our group position.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Yippee - 4 tickets bought last night via Castres web page - €40 near the halfway line (on the 10m) - really looking forward to a trip into the unknown in Jan - flying to Carcassonne on Weds 10th Jan (2 nights), Castres (3 nights) and back from Toulouse late on Monday - Bonjour mon ami :smt023
Hehehehehehehehe
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:54 am Yippee - 4 tickets bought last night via Castres web page - €40 near the halfway line (on the 10m) - really looking forward to a trip into the unknown in Jan - flying to Carcassonne on Weds 10th Jan (2 nights), Castres (3 nights) and back from Toulouse late on Monday - Bonjour mon ami :smt023
Boeuf a la mode! :smt030
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:54 am Yippee - 4 tickets bought last night via Castres web page - €40 near the halfway line (on the 10m) - really looking forward to a trip into the unknown in Jan - flying to Carcassonne on Weds 10th Jan (2 nights), Castres (3 nights) and back from Toulouse late on Monday - Bonjour mon ami :smt023
It can be quite parky down here in January so bring your thermals and a full hip flask!

I'm hoping to make the short trip to the match but a late Sunday afternoon kick-off isn't ideal!
I'm flying in to Stansted tomorrow and will be on the terrace to watch Tigers give Sarries the hiding they deserve :smt002
Semper in excretia
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

[/quote]It can be quite parky down here in January so bring your thermals and a full hip flask!

I'm hoping to make the short trip to the match but a late Sunday afternoon kick-off isn't ideal!
I'm flying in to Stansted tomorrow and will be on the terrace to watch Tigers give Sarries the hiding they deserve :smt002
[/quote]

Any restaurant/drinking hole recommendations???? Particularly where do the Castres guys and gals drink????
Hehehehehehehehe
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:18 pm
It can be quite parky down here in January so bring your thermals and a full hip flask!

[/quote]

Any restaurant/drinking hole recommendations???? Particularly where do the Castres guys and gals drink????
[/quote]

Sorry, trendy, but I don't know Castres that well, except that there are restaurants & bars in and around the main square in the centre.
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Terrible KO time again!!! Had to change my whole itinerary :smt009

Will have to leave early on Monday morning to get the flight back from Toulouse.

Not happy but no doubt we'll have a good time!
Soggypitch
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

We normally stand at Tigers and I see there are cheap standing tickets at Castres, but does anyone know if the view is decent/terrace tiered etc?

I remember going to watch Tigers play in Perpignan and we got standing tickets, it was awful, behind a horrible fence and just a flat area with no tiering!

Don't want to make that mistake again so could do with some local knowledge....
Soggypitch
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:14 pm We normally stand at Tigers and I see there are cheap standing tickets at Castres, but does anyone know if the view is decent/terrace tiered etc?

I remember going to watch Tigers play in Perpignan and we got standing tickets, it was awful, behind a horrible fence and just a flat area with no tiering!

Don't want to make that mistake again so could do with some local knowledge....
There are standing tickets at 14€, but I believe they're in the corners with no sloping terrace, so the view of the pitch won't be good.
Semper in excretia