Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: English teams in europe

Post by wellstiger »

Salary caps......What salary caps?????
Who polices it......I would like there to be an Enforced salary cap including the silly little escape clause called Marquee.I would include injury replacement signings.I know we have profited by these as every club, but recruitment and retention would then be more scientific.
It should be all inclusive. An even playing field for all clubs. This idea of Creative accounting is fraudulent and not in the spirit of the game, and clubs then promoted to EPL would then have a fighting chance with the squads they have.
I love the competition with the threat of relegation.Keeps teams honest.
And don't get me started on Laws-----What laws.....Agree with MOC. If it is a law of the game it is not open to interpretation.
Incidents should be open to interpretation. Teams are disadvantaged by playing fairly and within the letter of the law.
I have more chance of winning Lottery than knowing which way a game is going to be reffed
Sorry I'm on a bit of a one :smt013 .
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Some birds have flown, and TBH wellstiger, nearly every one of the things you mention is gone/damaged/changed beyond reversion. The only possibility is that we MIGHT get back to the Laws. My pet hate is the breakdown, and especially the loss of strict policing of the 'gate'. Not holding my breath. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 am Some birds have flown, and TBH wellstiger, nearly every one of the things you mention is gone/damaged/changed beyond reversion. The only possibility is that we MIGHT get back to the Laws. My pet hate is the breakdown, and especially the loss of strict policing of the 'gate'. Not holding my breath. :smt009
In at the side is now so widespread that if it wasn't for the shirt you would not be able to tell who played for who.
I'm not cynical just experienced
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

chewbacca wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:48 am
jgriffin wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 am Some birds have flown, and TBH wellstiger, nearly every one of the things you mention is gone/damaged/changed beyond reversion. The only possibility is that we MIGHT get back to the Laws. My pet hate is the breakdown, and especially the loss of strict policing of the 'gate'. Not holding my breath. :smt009
In at the side is now so widespread that if it wasn't for the shirt you would not be able to tell who played for who.
It's not even 'in at the side', it's 'in from offside' or simply not retiring.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Further to my rant.....

Why bring in TMO's and ref assistants with high tec comms for three seasons only to re invent the wheel and dismiss it.
Excuse this season - want to let the game flow and allow refs to make judgement.
Or are we now only relying for Try Yes or No.
As in the Law of the Land if its there Use it or have it repealed. :smt013
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Exeter been robbed in Leinster 22-17!
A clear forward pass for the winning try by Leinster, even the use of the TMO although be it a pathetic attempt at a review in my opinion wasn't enough to deny a biased crowd, utterly pointless the TMO, the laws, and the other 79 minutes!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm Exeter been robbed in Leinster 22-17!
A clear forward pass for the winning try by Leinster, even the use of the TMO although be it a pathetic attempt at a review in my opinion wasn't enough to deny a biased crowd, utterly pointless the TMO, the laws, and the other 79 minutes!
This
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

MOC gets called a moaner,has Saint Rob mentioned the ref?
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

BFG wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm a biased crowd
Erm, we’re hardly objective
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

L Smith wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:52 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm a biased crowd
Erm, we’re hardly objective
Oh I don't know about that, after all we are on here debating it, all most really want is a fair game!
This word momentum is ruining the game in my opinion, forward passes, players rolling over and over, head on head tackles and coming around rucks to interfere offside.
If they can't do it properly at speed then slow down, no excuses, be in control and do it right, or face the consequences of the law, but no they have created an unrecognisable game where broken jaws and passes a metre forward are becoming the norm!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

[/quote]
Oh I don't know about that, after all we are on here debating it, all most really want is a fair game!
This word momentum is ruining the game in my opinion, forward passes, players rolling over and over, head on head tackles and coming around rucks to interfere offside.
If they can't do it properly at speed then slow down, no excuses, be in control and do it right, or face the consequences of the law, but no they have created an unrecognisable game where broken jaws and passes a metre forward are becoming the norm!
[/quote]
Since commercial television has been involved it has become more of an 'entertainment'. I suspect that some regard strict application of the laws of the game likely to diminish the 'entertainment' factor. Game sacrificed to Mammon.
I'm not cynical just experienced
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 am
[/quote]
Since commercial television has been involved it has become more of an 'entertainment'. I suspect that some regard strict application of the laws of the game likely to diminish the 'entertainment' factor. Game sacrificed to Mammon.
[/quote]

:smt023 That comment just about sums up the situation in respect of the professional game.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well here we go again. Forward pass law open to interpretation and Botoxed up.
TMO's as about as useful as chocolate teapot. Tis the season---- new toy of three seasons ago discarded and now we play with the cardboard box.
Just get rid or play with it .......
Lets see what transpires at WR.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Thinking about proper use of officials -- lessons could be learnt from the other code in rugby. - They appear to get it right more times than wrong. Doesn't detract from the entertainment and/or game resulting in clarity and respect for the officials.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

wellstiger wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 am Well here we go again. Forward pass law open to interpretation and Botoxed up.
TMO's as about as useful as chocolate teapot. Tis the season---- new toy of three seasons ago discarded and now we play with the cardboard box.
Just get rid or play with it .......
Lets see what transpires at WR.
You might be interested in a chat I had with Nick Mullins on the subject yesterday...

NM: "Forgot to mention it in Belfast last night, but loved the way French ref Alexandre Ruiz had the baubles to go largely TMO-free & make his own decisions."

Me: "Refs should only have one option with the TMO: "This is my decision. You have 30 seconds to stop me if I'm about to make a prat of myself!""

NM: "Excellent. Which is largely why they were introduced in the first place."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives