Tigers v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Munster

Post by mol2 »

The cynic in me might wonder if the team sheet of today is not that of Sunday and what has been released perhaps a bit of what we might like to play than what we will play.

I hope I'm wrong.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

mol2 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:11 pm The cynic in me might wonder if the team sheet of today is not that of Sunday and what has been released perhaps a bit of what we might like to play than what we will play.

I hope I'm wrong.
My worry too.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:23 pm They wouldn’t be picked to start unless they were fit. Having said that I would rather have another centre in the bench and sacrifice JF as both Toomua and Harrison can play 10.
Joe Ford has played both 12 and 15
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

He hasn't at any decent level .
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

MikeR wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:56 pm He hasn't at any decent level .
he's played 15 for Tigers this season when needed in the Premiership
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Looks an exciting team let'a hope they can deliver. :smt026
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Perhaps the line up is to help sell a few more tickets...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

I thought Munster were not very good last week. We were poor mind. I may as well have played at 12 with Ourla at 13. This week we have a tad of quality there lol. If we had a prem league ref in charge I’d make us an absolute certainty. That said I’m in knee deep. We will win and win well. Munster are massively over rated.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Tomvarndell wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:40 pm I thought Munster were not very good last week. We were poor mind. I may as well have played at 12 with Ourla at 13. This week we have a tad of quality there lol. If we had a prem league ref in charge I’d make us an absolute certainty. That said I’m in knee deep. We will win and win well. Munster are massively over rated.
You been on the sauce?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

ourla wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:31 am
Tomvarndell wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:40 pm I thought Munster were not very good last week. We were poor mind. I may as well have played at 12 with Ourla at 13. This week we have a tad of quality there lol. If we had a prem league ref in charge I’d make us an absolute certainty. That said I’m in knee deep. We will win and win well. Munster are massively over rated.
You been on the sauce?
:smt003 :smt003 Must have been good sauce, please can I have some!!
Soggypitch
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:51 am
ourla wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:31 am
You been on the sauce?
:smt003 :smt003 Must have been good sauce, please can I have some!!
My head this morning suggests yes :smt001 I still think we will win well though. I see a five nill coming our way.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

5-0? You stil drunk? 😉 we are the only team in Europe never to have lost the back back double headers,MOC its over to you!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I thought Munster were not very good last week. We were poor mind
If Munster were ‘not very good’ then our performance was three levels below awful, whatever that is. Not only did they want it more than us, they outplayed us across the park. Youngs should have been carded. The result in no way flattered them.

As for tomorrow... we have a great back-line on paper but the game is not played on paper. A new game though and at home so I expect a performance. I suspect we will kick lots and try to slow the game down with as much set piece play as possible. If it is an open game they will kill us like Wasps did. Manu will need oxygen bringing on if the ball stays in play any longer than 3 minutes at a time!

Be nice to see a full house and genuinely passionate atmosphere at WR. It has been a long time...
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Munster will kill us in a open game? Strange comment.....R92 14-0 already
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Interesting piece in today's Times about Manu's frequent injuries and the difficulties, particularly psychological, of rehab. I just hope he gets through tomorrow uninjured.