Tigers v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ghdav27

Re: Tigers v Munster

Post by ghdav27 »

Great to see Manu and Toomua back. I think we will struggle at the breakdown and a second row of wells and barrow with Hamilton and Evans in the back row would be more effective.

Fingers crossed for a win and both centres getting through the match!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

ghdav27 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 pm Great to see Manu and Toomua back. I think we will struggle at the breakdown and a second row of wells and barrow with Hamilton and Evans in the back row would be more effective.

Fingers crossed for a win and both centres getting through the match!
I agree with all of that, would have liked Barrow, Wells, O'Connor/Evans and Williams not Mapa.

Still it's an exciting team and I'm sure we all agree with ghdav27's last para!!!!
Soggypitch
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

That looks like a team picked to do the job and I reckon the bench has some great "finishers" too, a lot more confident of a home win now.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:48 pm
Robespierre wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 pm
Coops wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:29 pm .

"Sir" for the match is Mathieu Raynal
Merde, alors!!!
Ok, so he's the ref so let's accept it!
Yes we have to accept it and work with it but he is :censored: useless. I was at the Crusaders v Lions game in NZ and some of his decisions left me speechless but very happy. He does seem to either make up laws or interpretations so how we play him will be critical IMHO. I hope that backroom staff have really looked at what he does.

As for selection, my only concerns are the front row - would have had Rizzo in if fit - and the lack of real breakdown competitors.
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Managed to get 2 tickets,COYT!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Scott11 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:25 pm Managed to get 2 tickets,COYT!
I didn't think they were hard to come by?

Or do you mean you've been given two tickets?
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Sorry,given 2 tickets. Wouldnt have gone otherwise but quite excited now!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:31 pm MOC wrote a good article in the Mercury, laws are laws but even if the letter of the law was followed Tigers would have still lost 20-10 so while I agree with MOC entirely I fail to see the point of us moaning about when we were second best at everything and it wasn't a close game
I'm guessing he wants to put those questions in the mind of the officials for the weekend and have them look at those aspects of Munster's game. Were we not playing them again this weekend I doubt he'd have mentioned it.

Noddy, Genge had shoulder surgery and won't be back until the new year, probably early February.

TigerCam, Toomua runs the defence when fit and does it well. Also gives Ford another playmaker in the backs to help him move the ball. We all saw how the midfield defence failed to press and the number of poor passes coming from Tait at 12 last weekend. Toomua is one of our key players this season.
I am not disputing the ability of Tooma or Manu, if fact it is the total opposite. My concern is depth of the squad that when they (Tooma Manu) get crocked the Tigers do not have the quality of Tooma or Manu to step in. If Tooma or Manu spend the majority of the game having to defend a quality back-row that is Munster then their attacking options will be limited. 20 turnovers last week does not a winning team make when Munster are the opposition.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Scott11 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm Sorry,given 2 tickets. Wouldnt have gone otherwise but quite excited now!
Shame on you cheapskate. Unless if it's a dull game or we are turned over there is a silver lining.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

TigerCam wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm I am not disputing the ability of Tooma or Manu, if fact it is the total opposite. My concern is depth of the squad that when they (Tooma Manu) get crocked the Tigers do not have the quality of Tooma or Manu to step in. If Tooma or Manu spend the majority of the game having to defend a quality back-row that is Munster then their attacking options will be limited. 20 turnovers last week does not a winning team make when Munster are the opposition.
So we should play our :censored: centres and keep TnT for the Anglo Welsh were they won't get hurt.

Sorry, I'm not following that logic. Are they rugby players or ornaments.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ourla wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:36 pm
TigerCam wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 pm I am not disputing the ability of Tooma or Manu, if fact it is the total opposite. My concern is depth of the squad that when they (Tooma Manu) get crocked the Tigers do not have the quality of Tooma or Manu to step in. If Tooma or Manu spend the majority of the game having to defend a quality back-row that is Munster then their attacking options will be limited. 20 turnovers last week does not a winning team make when Munster are the opposition.
So we should play our :censored: centres and keep TnT for the Anglo Welsh were they won't get hurt.

Neither am I?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

TigerCam wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:40 pm
ourla wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Neither am I?
So what are you saying?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

They wouldn’t be picked to start unless they were fit. Having said that I would rather have another centre in the bench and sacrifice JF as both Toomua and Harrison can play 10.
Soggypitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

come on you Tigers, should be a very emotional evening whatever happens as we wave goodbye to one the best players to have worn the No 6/F jersey for the green, red and white
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Our backrow collectively tip the scales at 345kg's or 54.3 Stones, surely that has to be one of the heaviest we've fielded