Tigers v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Munster

Post by Grimlish »

MrPartridge wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 pm Ourla. I think it is clear. They are not fit!
And to play them would be to replicate the mistakes of the past.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

So can Tigers get a bp win and send Munster home pointless?

For me, the answer is a resounding yes, because they simply have to, or their European campaign will stutter to a halt.
In front of a home crowd and hopefully with a sympathetic ref (do we know who it'll be?), as Munster had on Saturday!

I also want a good win under their belt before the Sarries game that I'll be going to!
Last edited by Robespierre on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

JP14 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 pm Tuohy is back in Bristol
If he is back at Brissie then he needs to be take out of our squad as he is still listed and there is no TPN yet. We have until noon tomorrow to put it right.
Hehehehehehehehe
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:28 pm In front of a home crowd and hopefully with a sympathetic ref (do we know who it'll be?), as Munster had on Saturday!
From another thread: "I hope coaches and players watch the Scarlets : Benetton match from the weekend to see how Mathieu Raynal likes to referee the game. We really should be playing the refs better than we seem to."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 pm
Robespierre wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:28 pm In front of a home crowd and hopefully with a sympathetic ref (do we know who it'll be?), as Munster had on Saturday!
From another thread: "I hope coaches and players watch the Scarlets : Benetton match from the weekend to see how Mathieu Raynal likes to referee the game. We really should be playing the refs better than we seem to."
Yes, "playing the ref" appears to be something Tigers are not good at, at least not since the master Jonno was leading the team!
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Finally decided on...

15 Jonny May
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 George Worth
11 Nick Malouf
10 George Ford
9 Ben Youngs
1 Michele Rizzo
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Harry Wells
5 Dom Barrow
6 Mike Williams
7 Luke Hamilton
8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 Logovi’i Mulipola
18 Chris Baumann
19 Mike Fitzgerald
20 Valentino Mapapalangi
21 Sam Harrison
22 Mat Tait
23 Matt Smith

Not really bothered where 11 to 15 play as long as they're all in there somewhere! I reckon they're our best available backs. Harry Wells in for the breakdown.

For Munster - winger Andrew Conway ( :smt011 ) and hooker Rhys Marshall sustained concussions and are doubts for this weekend. Niall Scannell and Keith Earls are both expected to be back in training this week and could feature.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

is Greg Bateman injured? if so how long is he out for?
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:41 pm Finally decided on...

15 Jonny May
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 George Worth
11 Nick Malouf
10 George Ford
9 Ben Youngs
1 Michele Rizzo
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Harry Wells
5 Dom Barrow
6 Mike Williams
7 Luke Hamilton
8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 Logovi’i Mulipola
18 Chris Baumann
19 Mike Fitzgerald
20 Valentino Mapapalangi
21 Sam Harrison
22 Mat Tait
23 Matt Smith

Not really bothered where 11 to 15 play as long as they're all in there somewhere! I reckon they're our best available backs. Harry Wells in for the breakdown.

For Munster - winger Andrew Conway ( :smt011 ) and hooker Rhys Marshall sustained concussions and are doubts for this weekend. Niall Scannell and Keith Earls are both expected to be back in training this week and could feature.
Bearing in mind that the deadline for team squad changes is Tuesday @ 12:00 I see that Tigers have made two changes - they have taken out Jake Kerr and Tuohy but only added Maksymiw but no Tatafu Polota- Nau ! Take one hooker out and not replace? Latest EPCR listing - http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/lei ... ?section=3 :smt013
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

3.4 In order to reduce the possibility of uncontested scrums, each club may also nominate further front row players, referred to as Emergency Front Row players, who may be registered with EPCR on a match-by-match basis provided that all necessary details of the players have been submitted before 12 noon (GMT) on 21 September 2017. The provision for the nomination of Emergency Front Row players is not intended to allow clubs to improve the quality of their squads, and is designed to cater for illness and/or injury in the relevant positions. The players added to squads will typically come from a club's academy or similar.

3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 pm is Greg Bateman injured? if so how long is he out for?
Ditto Pat Cilliers - is he injured?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

wormus wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:32 pm

15 Jonny May
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 George Worth
11 Nick Malouf
10 George Ford
9 Ben Youngs
1 Michele Rizzo
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Harry Wells
5 Dom Barrow
6 Mike Williams
7 Luke Hamilton
8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 Logovi’i Mulipola
18 Chris Baumann
19 Mike Fitzgerald
20 Valentino Mapapalangi
21 Sam Harrison
22 Mat Tait
23 Matt Smith

Bearing in mind that the deadline for team squad changes is Tuesday @ 12:00 I see that Tigers have made two changes - they have taken out Jake Kerr and Tuohy but only added Maksymiw but no Tatafu Polota- Nau ! Take one hooker out and not replace? Latest EPCR listing - http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/lei ... ?section=3 :smt013
According to the EPCR rules you must have 41 players. Maybe it is just a technical thing considering TPN hasn't played in Europe yet they might have to make a profile for him first? (i don't know though).
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

May being punted at FB by MOC.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:47 pm
wormus wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:32 pm

15 Jonny May
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 George Worth
11 Nick Malouf
10 George Ford
9 Ben Youngs
1 Michele Rizzo
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Harry Wells
5 Dom Barrow
6 Mike Williams
7 Luke Hamilton
8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 Logovi’i Mulipola
18 Chris Baumann
19 Mike Fitzgerald
20 Valentino Mapapalangi
21 Sam Harrison
22 Mat Tait
23 Matt Smith

According to the EPCR rules you must have 41 players. Maybe it is just a technical thing considering TPN hasn't played in Europe yet they might have to make a profile for him first? (i don't know though).
Planet Rugby are reporting that he's been included.

Re team selection I'd play Thacker at 7. I like Hamilton but he was anonymous last weekend and completely overrun at the breakdown. Thacker carries and draws in multiple tacklers which will give us some room out wide or stop Munster flooding the back field with defenders and killing our kicking game. He's got it in him to make lots of tackles and be a pest at the breakdown. Pair him Kalamafoni and Williams.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I would play Wells,good engine,tackles well and a nuisance at the breakdown. I would play a backrow of Hamilton,Fitzgerald and Kalamafoni.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Scott11 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 pm May being punted at FB by MOC.
Oh give me strength.... :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.