Munster vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Munster vs Tigers

Post by westwinds31 »

Massive reaction needed next week. Abject performance...dismal...we gave up...awful...I feel sick.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

No8 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:34 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:30 pm There was an acceptance to our surrender this evening which was distasteful.
Well put sir, couldn't agree more. Feel sick in the pit of my stomach.
Agree. Smiles all round from Tigers players having banked their fat cheques this month. Win or lose, what difference does it make to them?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:41 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Did last year. :smt023
Aye, but last year we only looked creaky on the road this year has been decidedly less corralated...
Did you watch
https://www.leicestertigers.com/match/a ... 2017-03-03
or
https://www.leicestertigers.com/match/e ... 2017-01-21

Yeh we where only creaky away last year :smt023
Alright, only consistently creaky on the road, we usually stood a decent chance at home, certainly not as creaky as we've been at home this year...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Cerdit to Munster...they were quick out of the blocks, vicious at the breakdown and dominated the game.They slowed the ball down and did not allow Tigers to play and were well organised. Disappointing for Tigers and plenty to work on. Thormond Park is a fortress where very few teams get a result.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:43 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:35 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Mathematically perhaps not, but what do you think can change in the next 7 days that will get us the performance needed at WR? This isn't a rhetorical question, I could do with some hope and my own cupboard is bare.
Mathematically definitely not!!

We need to be more physical and do the basics right.
More physical surely is the work of more than a week and basics shouldn't be a problem for professionals of this experience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we'll come good eventually but I fear it's too late for this year's champions' cup given there aren't enough second place qualifier spots to go around. Maybe if we crash out of Europe it'll spur on a drive to premiership glory? :smt030
Exactly, basics shouldn't be a problem so can be turned around within a week. Physicality is more of a mental thing so again, can be turned around in a week.

Not enough qualifying places? Every team that finishes top qualifies. We can still finish top.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Well I'm going to give my and Mrs Vs opinion. The Board bought a pup with AM and sacked Tigers backbone. It will be at least a season before we are better at this rate.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

We deserved to lose, however the acceptance of Garces to allow Munster a free rein at the breakdown I found difficult to comprehend. And once they realised this was the case, Munster just carried on. Then there’s Dallaglio.....
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Crofty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:33 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:30 pm There was an acceptance to our surrender this evening which was distasteful.
+1

Only time worse for capitulation I can think of was when we were nilled at the Rec...
Or at home against Glasgow.....

Only really expected a decent performance and hoped for a lbp tonight. Got neither but saw a bunch of toothless tigers tonight, outmuscled and out thought.

Even allowing for players out injured, some strange reffing interpretations (that we should have handled and adapted to better and I thought were on the better end of in the last 20 minutes) and Munster being far more up for it, we were utter rubbish. Stopping short of the word 'disgrace' I would say that some disappointing and well below par performances were on show in Red, White and Green tonight.

We have every chance next week at home but somewhere deep down I cannot help but think we'll whimper and roll over again, a bit like we've just witnessed.

Disappointing.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:49 pm Well I'm going to give my and Mrs Vs opinion. The Board bought a pup with AM and sacked Tigers backbone. It will be at least a season before we are better at this rate.
I fear you may be right.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

ellis9 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:48 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:43 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Mathematically definitely not!!

We need to be more physical and do the basics right.
More physical surely is the work of more than a week and basics shouldn't be a problem for professionals of this experience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we'll come good eventually but I fear it's too late for this year's champions' cup given there aren't enough second place qualifier spots to go around. Maybe if we crash out of Europe it'll spur on a drive to premiership glory? :smt030
Exactly, basics shouldn't be a problem so can be turned around within a week. Physicality is more of a mental thing so again, can be turned around in a week.

Not enough qualifying places? Every team that finishes top qualifies. We can still finish top.
Physicality isn't a mental thing, you're thinking of an agressive mentality. The point is, why weren't these things turned round this week, or last week, or the week before!?

To finish top we'll need to put 4 trys past Munster next week, prevent them getting a bonus point and probably get 6 points in January or we'll be dependent on other teams doing us a favour or two. I wish I had your confidence, I really do.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

This is how we have played all season, very poor at breakdown with no commitment to disrupt others ball. We seem clueless with the ball and are not clinical regularly from 5m out from try line. I fear for the remainder of the season as we are off the pace in Europe and Premiership
I'm also annoyed that O'connor kept saying tuilagi and toomua were going to be ready for this match and they were no where near the squad. Why is he talking rubbish and not admit that our marquee signings are no where near a comeback till January.
Another irritating European journey that we don't seem to be able to play the French referees in Ireland.
Must start with Barrow and Hamilton next week.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Say what you want about the reffing, that’s was a performance with no commitment and surrendered. I don’t even know if Munster where that good or we we’re that bat! Tom young trying to hard to set an example and playing worse for it, Thacker made s difference when he came one, we’re lacking players in the backdown hopefully o’conners Or evens are fit next week, kalamafoni the only carrier again other players have to put the hand up and it’s more evedience of our poor recruitment nothing in the centres despite the fact we could have got 2 injury replacements, now reliant on two players coming straight back in who haven’t played for 22 weeks. Also need Bateman and rizzo in next week.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:49 pm We deserved to lose, however the acceptance of Garces to allow Munster a free rein at the breakdown I found difficult to comprehend. And once they realised this was the case, Munster just carried on. Then there’s Dallaglio.....
Garces was fair to both sides. He didn't yellow card Tom Youngs for a start. We were just incompetent and unable to adapt. Munster will come with a different game plan next week while we will no doubt react and try to play to this one. Doh
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

The game did prove the problems we’ve known for a while.

1) Front row can do a job for us. Looked good in the scrum when Mulipola came on. However lacking in the lock department massively. Maybe Mafi can help fix this?

2) Felt sorry for Ford, not much you can do in a match of this class with both first choice centres out of action. Back ups in Tait and Smith lacked power to compete at this level. Need to work on our strength in depth.

3) Feel like we still don’t know what our best backrow unit is. All good players but still unsure what a best combination is. Dominic Ryan would have been a good player for these big matches but is sadly out.

Not all bad, Munster are a solid team at home and we did better than last time we were there. Can still win next week at WR.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

ps Dallaglio wasn't playing