Bored with the same old moaning

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bootface

Bored with the same old moaning

Post by Bootface »

After a few years just reading this forum, this is my first post & it pains me to say this but there are some real whingers on here. I get that everyone’s entitled to their opinion but really some people need to get a grip. The number of posts when we lose is significantly higher than when we win which is disappointing really & for me, gives the impression Tigers Fans are a bunch of arrogant moaning Minnie’s. :smt015
So here goes, shoot me down & mock me all you like but this is how I see it. Tigers have had a run of bad seasons (by our standards anyway) & whilst we have had more than a hand in our own undoing, we have also had some pretty bad luck come our way. It’s safe to say we have had some seasons where injuries have decimated the team not just because of the numbers injured but also the positions impacted, we had at least 1 season where playing the same (even stand in) centre combination 2 weeks in a row became a luxury. Last season we systematically sacked key members of the coaching staff & here we are moaning about being in 6th position. We have a team that has changed significantly in the last couple of years & that includes the coaching combinations, & yet despite all this, we are holding our own against those around us like Sarries & Chiefs who have had settled Teams & Coaching staff for some time. If you also factor in, the 50/50 decisions & the fact that professional players are only human & will have their off days, (yes even the Sarries & Chiefs players - not that you’d think it reading some of the comments on here), there will be times when results don’t always go your way. Tigers are not miles behind anyone. ('m not sure any of the other teams would consistently finish where we do with half the challenges we’ve had over the last 4/5 seasons). What seems to get overlooked is, that when you set the benchmark eventually those around you will catch up & that’s where we now find ourselves, not top of the pile but definitely in the mix. Since the professional era began the gap between the top teams & the rest of the league has closed. The fact that some have found success by flaunting the rules (like the wage cap) is unfortunate but we are where we are. All of these factors make for a more interesting competition & I don’t think any team (including Tigers) will have the opportunity to dominate the league in the way we did, ever again. Like a lot on here, I get frustrated when we lose a game we should have won, the last 2 weeks are prime examples, but, that said I have every faith Tigers will come good… We are still, after all, the most successful team in the league & we have standards to maintain. :smt001
So! stop your moaning, keep the faith & get behind the team. :smt041 Tiiiigggeeeeeerrrrrsss :smt038
Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Bored with the same old moaning

Post by Roly »

So, we've established that half the problem is that other teams cheat, and the other half is that the referees don't like Tigers.

The steady decline of recent years is because Cockerill upset a gypsy.

People criticising the team have a right to do so, it does not mean that they want to see the team do badly. Should I be bored with the same old blind faith, blinkered opinion and sycophantic optimism?

Moving on.
Last edited by Roly on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Well, sadly, that response was predictable.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 am So, we've established that half the problem is that other teams cheat, and the other half is that the referees don't like Tigers.

People criticising the team have a right to do so, it does not mean that they want to see the team do badly. Should I be bored with the same old blind faith, blinkered opinion and sycophantic optimism?

Moving on.
Complete and utter misrepresentation of the OP. Where does it say anything about half this, half that?

He/she says that people have a right to moan. It's that amount that they are highlighting.

Moving on? You aren't moving on Roly, you are stuck in the same old groove. I've seen you post these arguments so many times, I reckon you've just cut and pasted them. Often they have been justified, but not this time.

Oh, and welcome to the forum Bootface :smt023.

As you have been reading it for a few years, you won't be surprised by the replies so far. Personally, I have generally stopped reading the posts which are going to be mostly opinion based (so most of the forum). After many years, most of the opinions become repetitive and people's views become entrenched. And at the end of the day, they are opinions, not facts, despite what some people seem to think.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 am
Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 am So, we've established that half the problem is that other teams cheat, and the other half is that the referees don't like Tigers.

Moving on.
Complete and utter misrepresentation of the OP. Where does it say anything about half this, half that?
Oh, you're right, I saw a similar misrepresentation by the CA on the 'Well done Quins' thread of what I'd previously said, and thought it must be acceptable to make things up as I went a long?

Isn't that how it works?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
LE10Tiger

Post by LE10Tiger »

What a surprise from Roly i'm surprised that he actually 'supports' tigers at all
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

LE10Tiger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 am What a surprise from Roly i'm surprised that he actually 'supports' tigers at all
I 'follow' Tigers - I don't 'support' them - not according to some people on here who as far as I can tell, define 'supporting' as turning up three hours before each home game so that they can claim their favourite spot on the Crumbie. giving them the best opportunity to slow clap the officials and bemoan the apparent decline in the standards of the game in general, whilst filling their wellies quicker than they can empty them with over-priced, pre-poured beer, in plastic glasses, served by clueless staff at the head of a gargantuan queue.

N.B. This does not give you the moral high ground.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Oh happy day, oh happy day, when Roly walked
Chrous
He taught me how (oh, He taught me how)
To watch (to watch, to watch)
Fight and play (to fight and play)
Fight and play
And he taught me how to live rejoicing
Yes, He did (and live rejoicing)
Oh yeah, every, every day (every, every day)
(Oh yeah) Every day!
:smt035 :smt035 :smt035
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:43 am Oh happy day, oh happy day, when Roly walked
Chrous
He taught me how (oh, He taught me how)
To watch (to watch, to watch)
Fight and play (to fight and play)
Fight and play
And he taught me how to live rejoicing
Yes, He did (and live rejoicing)
Oh yeah, every, every day (every, every day)
(Oh yeah) Every day!
:smt035 :smt035 :smt035
I wouldn't give up the day job if I were you.

Or you could turn your obvious and considerable skill towards formulating a song that could be easily learnt and regurgitated from the stands at Welford Rd to replace the highly imaginative chant, 'Tigers, Tigers' (which is somehow loads better than a tomahawk chop or 'Wasps, Wasps, Wasps'.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

:censored: me Roly, you've excelled yourself on this thread.

A picture of pure misery.

What did they do to you in the Army!!?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:14 am

What did they do to you in the Army!!?
Introduced me to the reality of life, and how to 'frag' overly enthusiastic and dangerously optimistic officers who's main purpose appeared to get everyone else killed.

I continue to serve and am proud to do so.
LE10Tiger

Post by LE10Tiger »

Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 am
LE10Tiger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 am What a surprise from Roly i'm surprised that he actually 'supports' tigers at all
I 'follow' Tigers - I don't 'support' them - not according to some people on here who as far as I can tell, define 'supporting' as turning up three hours before each home game so that they can claim their favourite spot on the Crumbie. giving them the best opportunity to slow clap the officials and bemoan the apparent decline in the standards of the game in general, whilst filling their wellies quicker than they can empty them with over-priced, pre-poured beer, in plastic glasses, served by clueless staff at the head of a gargantuan queue.

N.B. This does not give you the moral high ground.
Any chance you can 'follow' another team as Tigers seem to upset you so much? Enjoy Christmas what with your glass half empty
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 am
ourla wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:14 am What did they do to you in the Army!!?
Introduced me to the reality of life, and how to 'frag' overly enthusiastic and dangerously optimistic officers who's main purpose appeared to get everyone else killed.
I am glad I don't have your sense of "reality". I guess like coppers you get to see the worst of people. I've lot of admiration for those who do the job but they're often not the best of company.
Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 amI continue to serve and am proud to do so.
Not so the Tigers though eh.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

LE10Tiger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:46 am Any chance you can 'follow' another team as Tigers seem to upset you so much? Enjoy Christmas what with your glass half empty
Like a lot of miserable people the only thing that makes them happy is making other people miserable.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

There was a time when criticism of a rugger team was unjustified, it was just a past time you enjoyed for free but it's now a business!
Let's face it they are very slowly creeping up their fellow soccer pro's in not being anywhere near able to justify what they earn!
22k per match for England, more than a serving soldiers annual salary on the bottom rung, crazy stuff!
5-10k per week to deliver some of the dross at club level!
If they are rubbish then they are fair game at those prices in my opinion!
By the way, Bootface, what an awesome username!