Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jacko27

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non Tigers 2016/17

Post by Jacko27 »

"...enthusiastic but occasionally rather clumsy ejaculations..." Kenneth Williams, "Round the Horne" circa 1965.
ps Scott11 won't have a clue what I'm talking about!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Ooooohh matron 😁
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Scott11 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 am Wasn't meant to sound harsh! Sorry ,but i certainly believe he deserves more credit than he gets,an AP team wouldn't come within a sniff of winning Super Rugby. Do they have classes for 37 year olds? 😉
Compared to many on here, 37 yo is a schoolboy :smt023
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Craig Doyle before the Quins/Sarries game, summing up the weekend so far:

"That's 5 premiership defeats for Saints in the league. We've been keeping a close eye on what happens at Franklins Gardens - they might want to shake things up - it's been a tough old time for them..."

Sounds like they've heard a whisper....?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:43 pm Craig Doyle before the Quins/Sarries game, summing up the weekend so far:

"That's 5 premiership defeats for Saints in the league. We've been keeping a close eye on what happens at Franklins Gardens - they might want to shake things up - it's been a tough old time for them..."

Sounds like they've heard a whisper....?
...and now this from Hartley:

"I wholeheartedly believe in the squad, fully. We've got the people, I won't question the guys' commitment."

No mention of the coaching team (unless there's been selective reporting by the Beeb!)
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Radio 5 Live we’re talking about the possibility of Cipriani leaving Wasps and to be replaced by Quade Cooper. Don’t know where Cipriani is rumoured to go didn’t listen to the whole thing
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:55 am Radio 5 Live we’re talking about the possibility of Cipriani leaving Wasps and to be replaced by Quade Cooper. Don’t know where Cipriani is rumoured to go didn’t listen to the whole thing
Rumours France, sale also after cooper and I’d imagine France as well, france are rumoured with everyone at the moment cj sander in a triple your match net deal to Toulon also Kaino.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Stephen18 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:27 am Rumours France, sale also after cooper and I’d imagine France as well, france are rumoured with everyone at the moment cj sander in a triple your match net deal to Toulon also Kaino.
Yeah Toulon are reportedly after Kaino because his international career is basically over and Toulon want a replacement because Vermulean is reputed to have resigned for the Stormers. That might be a reason for Carr to stay at Wasps because it’s going to be hard for the Stormers to keep Carr or Augustus if Vermulean returns
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Can I throw another name in the hat - Ryan Mills. It seems he is waiting to see how Worcs go this season before signing another contract. He has impressed me and would be a good addition to our centre options.
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/wr ... iors_deal/
Hehehehehehehehe
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 am Can I throw another name in the hat - Ryan Mills. It seems he is waiting to see how Worcs go this season before signing another contract. He has impressed me and would be a good addition to our centre options.
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/wr ... iors_deal/
A good player - very impressive against us. Jamie Shillcock is another who'd be worth looking at from our usual recruiting ground, covering 10 and 15, although I believe he signed a new contract last season.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Can't see many Worcester players leaving although they do have a big question mark over finance.
Will Spencer rumoured off would like to try and sign him or a CSW.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Launchbury signs a new deal with Pests joining Elliot Daly, Tom Cruse, Ashley Johnson, Rob Miller and Alex Rieder in announcing contract extensions in recent weeks. Apparently we tried very hard to get him.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Vermeulen leaving Toulon end of season.

Returning to Stormers apparently.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:54 pm Launchbury signs a new deal with Pests joining Elliot Daly, Tom Cruse, Ashley Johnson, Rob Miller and Alex Rieder in announcing contract extensions in recent weeks. Apparently we tried very hard to get him.
Sounds like sharks were making the big effort to sign him inside line rugby reporting they offered £400+k and captin to get him. They are really looking to spend the mon y of true. The only thing I don’t under stand is I didn’t think you were allowed to talk to premiership plays till January?
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Stephen18 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:59 pmThe only thing I don’t under stand is I didn’t think you were allowed to talk to premiership plays till January?
I thought this when there was the talk yesterday (from Goode??) of Guy Thompson being a done deal.