Munster vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Munster vs Tigers

Post by JP14 »

This game will be so important for us, I’m hoping for 2 points maybe, Munster have been decent enough this season but have not reached the heights of last season. So this will be team
1 Genge/ Mulipola if not fit
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Barrow
5 Kitchener
6 Mapapalangi
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 Youngs
10 Ford
11 May
12 Toomua?
13 Tait
14 Malouf
15 Holmes
16 Polota-Nau/Thacker
17 Bateman
18 Cilliers
19 Williams
20 Hamilton
21 White
22 J Ford
23 Tuilagi
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Munster vs Tigers

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Is Polota Nau registered for European matches? If he is and I've missed it apologies, but he's not in our squad list on here.

http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/lei ... ?section=3

Can we bring him in?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:03 pm Is Polota Nau registered for European matches? If he is and I've missed it apologies, but he's not in our squad list on here.

Can we bring him in?
MOC was able to include Tuohy in our European squad so I’m sure he’s able to do it for Polota-Nau
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:03 pm Is Polota Nau registered for European matches? If he is and I've missed it apologies, but he's not in our squad list on here.

Can we bring him in?
No neither Holmes or Polota Tatafu-Nau are at present registered for Europe.
I'am not sure if we can adjust the team at this stage as we took Rizzo out before the start of the Championship but which winger and hooker do you take of the squad?
I feel that given Telusa Veainu's recent form and his display at Wasps where given his speed & sidestep he resorted to continually running into a nest of Wasp's players. I would try Atieli Pakalani the Tongan Fullback (15) and put Telusa on the bench of finishers @ 21 as Ben White is a scrum half and we have Harrison already on the bench.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Yes he can be registered as long as it is done before 12 on Tuesday.

3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match.
Hehehehehehehehe
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Well, assuming we haven't already registered 2 more in addition to Tuohy (including one front rower) then it definitely looks possible but would mean losing one already registered to fit TPN in - though it doesn't seem clear if it's a same position swap. As long as we've registered TPN by Tuesday at Noon.

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... /rules.php

3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.

3.6 Each club involved in the knockout stage may register up to three further players. If a club registers three further players, one such player must be a front row player. Such registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on 15 March 2018. The players in question must not have played for another club in the tournament.

3.7 Each club is permitted a maximum of two 'non-European players' in each match squad.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Would not be surprised to see him in instead of Jake Kerr - that would be the logical move to me.
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:45 pm 3.7 Each club is permitted a maximum of two 'non-European players' in each match squad.
Then surely we couldn't have fielded Kalamafoni, Mapapalangi, Vieanu, Toomua in the Castres game???
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:33 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:45 pm 3.7 Each club is permitted a maximum of two 'non-European players' in each match squad.
Then surely we couldn't have fielded Kalamafoni, Mapapalangi, Vieanu, Toomua in the Castres game???
Yes it's because of the Kolpak rule below. (The Premiership also has a rule of only allowing two foreign players on the pitch for each team at one time.)

The kolpak agreement states that professional sports players from countries that hold certain association agreements with the EU/EEA, are to be treated as EU citizens and are not subjected to quota regulations. A "kolpak" player is not considered a foreign player under RFU regulations nor is a player married to an EU/EEA passport holder

If you do not hold a EU passport you will require a work permit.

RU work permits

Players from the following countries (IRB designated tier 1 and 2), Argentina, Australia, NZ, South Africa, Canada, Fiji, Japan, Romania, Samoa, Tonga and the USA will be eligible, providing they intend to play at level 1 or 2 (Premiership and Championship) and have started at least 1 international match, during the 15 months prior the work permit application.

Players whose countries are not T1 or T2 must have played 1 international match in the last 15 months AND have 10 caps .
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ah thanks Ellis 👍
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Tigers are going to get manshamed here, make no mistake.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:42 pm This game will be so important for us, I’m hoping for 2 points maybe, Munster have been decent enough this season but have not reached the heights of last season. So this will be team
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Barrow
5 Kitchener
6 Mapapalangi
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 Youngs
10 Ford
11 May
12 Toomua?
13 Tait
14 Malouf
15 Holmes
16 Polota-Nau/Thacker
17 Bateman
18 Cilliers
19 Williams
20 Hamilton
21 White
22 J Ford
23 Tuilagi
No Vaianu? really he needs to be in there in my opinion.
Without Toomua and Genge if both prove unfit I far for the result
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Munster Exile
Tiger Cub

Post by Munster Exile »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:42 pm This game will be so important for us, I’m hoping for 2 points maybe, Munster have been decent enough this season but have not reached the heights of last season.
These are going to be a tough couple of games for both teams, I think 2 points is unlikely. Personally I think 4 points is more likely than 2.

A draw is unlikely so I assume you are thinking four tries and a losing bonus point? Four tries away for home is a big ask for either side.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Munster Exile wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am
JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:42 pm This game will be so important for us, I’m hoping for 2 points maybe, Munster have been decent enough this season but have not reached the heights of last season.
These are going to be a tough couple of games for both teams, I think 2 points is unlikely. Personally I think 4 points is more likely than 2.

A draw is unlikely so I assume you are thinking four tries and a losing bonus point? Four tries away for home is a big ask for either side.
Although JP said, “This game”, he was talking about the cumulative points over the 2 games.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:42 pm This game will be so important for us, I’m hoping for 2 points maybe, Munster have been decent enough this season but have not reached the heights of last season. So this will be team
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Barrow
5 Kitchener
6 Mapapalangi
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 Youngs
10 Ford
11 May
12 Toomua?
13 Tait
14 Malouf
15 Holmes
16 Polota-Nau/Thacker
17 Bateman
18 Cilliers
19 Williams
20 Hamilton
21 White
22 J Ford
23 Tuilagi
If we're going with Manu then he needs to start in case he breaks down. I'm not trying to scaremonger but I'd rather he tried to pace his way through the game than come on for a balls out last 20 and end up breaking himself.