Fixture clash

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Fixture clash

Post by chewbacca »

As far as I can see scheduling matches for Wednesday mornings should avoid any fixture clashes. I don't have anything on then so would suit me just fine
I'm not cynical just experienced
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott11 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:19 pm Ive just written a strongly worded email to the RFU and AP,you should be okay from now on Ellis.
Nice one. What did you put on it?
LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:01 pm What about any other games kicking off at the same time too, don't you want to watch them all live too Ellis?
Did you not see my tongue in cheek comment?
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

ellis9 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:50 pm Due to persistent moaning from some people about lack of Saturday 3pm kick offs, meaning the club won't move a none televised match, we now have a fixture clash next week when Tigers play Worcester and England play Samoa meaning we cannot watch both live.
If you took advantage of a Tigers VIP package you could watch the Tigers game from one the boxes with their television alongside tuned to the England match. :smt052
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/vi ... -available
Or perhaps you could persuade Noddy to let you use his Try Line Club too!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Yes, BT Sport really dropped a clanger yesterday by televising the Chiefs v Quins match which kicked off at the same time as the Tigers game.

Don't they know that Chiefs are most people's 'second team' and therefore we should have been able to watch both matches live?

Its a disgrace.

I'm writing to my MP.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

To de honest, I'm with ellis on this. As far as I can see, Tigers are not on the telly next week, and I don't have, or want, a sky subscription (as much a financial decision as anything). So I can't record either. So, if I want to see both games in full, I have 2 options. Watch England live and tigers a couple of days later on AP website (bound to know the result by then), or stay at the ground and "enjoy" tigers bars while watching England, attempting to avoid news of the result beforehand.
Whatever I do, my enjoyment of one of those games is unnecessarily compromised. It happens every year so I was not surprised to see it again, but it's disappointing that the club keep doing it. Of course, just like any other choice of fixture time, it's a commercial decision. They want to keep us all in the bars after the game to increase takings, whatever noises come out of Welford road on the subject.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

The domestic league could be suspended during international windows like in football, but that would mean extending the season.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am The domestic league could be suspended during international windows like in football, but that would mean extending the season.
Which wouldn't be acceptable to the players. Plus the likes of Dan Cole wouldn't be able to play many of the games anyhow for his own safety.

Unfortunately there has to be a compromise. And this is it.

And whilst I would agree with ellis the kick off should be moved again you can't please everyone, the club is in a no win situation.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Jeez I've never saw so much moaning! Make a decision! It's happened before it will happen again,me I'm a country before club man so have given my ST away to friends but if it was the other way around I'd be at WR while recording the England game or watching the highlights on BBC2 or the full game on YouTube later on, mountain and molehill spring to mind!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Scott11 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:14 am Jeez I've never saw so much moaning!
I thought you were a regular on this forum.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Ourla 😂😂😂 fair play mate!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I know which match I'd rather watch - and it ain't on the telly!!
Semper in excretia
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I simply cannot fathom why a Tigers fan would want to watch a 3rd division International game in preference to a Tigers Home game . If England were playing the All Blacks I could perhaps understand - but Tigers are starting to play miles better than in recent years and for me there is no doubt where I shall be.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

With no clash with internationals Tigers have just played a Premiership match on a Sunday afternoon, crowd attending very much down on what could have been attending on a Saturday. Friday nights are very much worse, for many fans transport or family activities make getting to and from matches away from the traditional Saturday afternoon problematical.
Surely it is easy enough to watch Tigers and record the England match or just stay and watch the international on a big screen at the ground. Even if you do know the result it should be enjoyable and better than genuine Tigers fans having to miss their team because trains or buses are not running or because sons/daughters are taking part in sport on weekend mornings and it's a parental duty (and pleasure) to watch them.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Stop moaning Ellis a Tigers fixture is much more important than a televised Fixture that you can watch countless times on I Player or whatever other replay service you use. Club rugby is so much better than the kind of :censored: that we were served up in the game against Argentina.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Noddy555 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:38 pm Stop moaning Ellis a Tigers fixture is much more important than a televised Fixture that you can watch countless times on I Player or whatever other replay service you use. Club rugby is so much better than the kind of :censored: that we were served up in the game against Argentina.
I'm not moaning. As I said, it was tongue in cheek.
johnthegriff wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:50 pm With no clash with internationals Tigers have just played a Premiership match on a Sunday afternoon, crowd attending very much down on what could have been attending on a Saturday. Friday nights are very much worse, for many fans transport or family activities make getting to and from matches away from the traditional Saturday afternoon problematical.
Surely it is easy enough to watch Tigers and record the England match or just stay and watch the international on a big screen at the ground. Even if you do know the result it should be enjoyable and better than genuine Tigers fans having to miss their team because trains or buses are not running or because sons/daughters are taking part in sport on weekend mornings and it's a parental duty (and pleasure) to watch them.
Play the Tigers fans at midday and then people can watch England afterwards. People still get a Saturday kick off and can watch both games live.