Warren Gatland

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Warren Gatland

Post by strawclearer »

In a hissy fit, he earlier ruled himself out of coaching the British & Irish Lions in South Africa in 2021 but Warren Gatland has now revealed that he might be persuaded to take up the top role again - after Wales have won the 2019 World Cup.

If he's making such a generous offer conditional upon the dragon being inscribed on the Web Ellis trophy, then we should be safe! Is he serious? Is it an admission that coaching the AB's may now be a forlorn hope? Would you want him?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Warren Gatland

Post by L Smith »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:47 pm In a hissy fit, he earlier ruled himself out of coaching the British & Irish Lions in South Africa in 2021 but Warren Gatland has now revealed that he might be persuaded to take up the top role again - after Wales have won the 2019 World Cup.

If he's making such a generous offer conditional upon the dragon being inscribed on the Web Ellis trophy, then we should be safe! Is he serious? Is it an admission that coaching the AB's may now be a forlorn hope? Would you want him?
Would love to see the All Blacks playing Warrenball :smt043
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Have you not seen? After his Lions experience Warren is now looking to abandoned Warrenball and is looking for a creative passing inside centre for Wales. He says he believes Wales may now have the players for a more subtle attacking style!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

That will be a centre combo of Owen Williams and Jonathan Davies then I presume
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Well he needs to decide what he wants to do - coach Wales or win the World Cup.

He can't do both.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Roly wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:30 am Well he needs to decide what he wants to do - coach Wales or win the World Cup.

He can't do both.
I do like this response :)
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

+1
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I have previously wondered how well Warren would do as DoR at this particular Parish...
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:11 am
Roly wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:30 am Well he needs to decide what he wants to do - coach Wales or win the World Cup.

He can't do both.
I do like this response :)
Well not at the same time!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Attention seeking to try and keep his job after the stinging criticism of him and his Welsh side kick, both will be getting their P45 if Wales don't win anything this season I think.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Cant stand the man! Portrayed as a mastermind beating a shocking Oz team that were beating each other up on planes and had just woken up a drunken Kurtley Beale off a park bench who incidentally missed a kick that would've won Oz the series as well as a drawn series against an AB team who Sonny Bill and Beaudan Barrett helped us out a treat! Not to mention him never being biased,I mean what a warrior AWJ is lol.
Starburst
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starburst »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 am Attention seeking to try and keep his job after the stinging criticism of him and his Welsh side kick, both will be getting their P45 if Wales don't win anything this season I think.
He just drew a test series in NZ that everyone thought he was going to lose 3-0, I don't think his job is in danger to be honest. As for the stinging criticism, I'm not sure what SOB really knows about back play but it's probably not a lot if he seriously thinks Sexton and Farrell can rock up to training a few days before the second test and impart enough words of advice etc to a mix of players from different nations they haven't played together with before and take all the glory for the win.

Sexton to be honest wasn't even playing well, he had enough on his plate getting his own game in order never mind coaching the Lions Backs.

I'm not a huge fan of Gatland or Howley but neither do I like to jump on the bandwagon and criticize them just because that seems to be the trend. Not many have done better in NZ.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Starburst wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 am Attention seeking to try and keep his job after the stinging criticism of him and his Welsh side kick, both will be getting their P45 if Wales don't win anything this season I think.
Not many have done better in NZ.
Despite him, or because of him?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'm sure it'll be his sides performance over the next few months that will be looked at, fairly sure the Welsh don't really care what happened in NZ.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think the Australians will walk over the Welsh really, in better form than last year and while Wales are playing form players such as Williams, Evans and Navidi they have lost Warburton and Tipuric and Jenkins(who probably should just retire in m opinion)
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni