Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath vs Tigers

Post by WhitecapTiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:56 pm
Crofty wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:43 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 pm Such a shame our youngsters have been robbed by a truely incompetent performance by a referee who was intimidated by the crowd into a series of poor decisions. If the coaches manage to hold their tongues after that they'll do very well.
Did I hear somewhere that it's the same sir that Steve Diamond is in hot water for expressing an opinion on?
The ref that Diamond had an issue with is the (and I'm being polite) useless Craig Maxwell-Keys. I believe the ref for this match was Greg Macdonald. They tend to use the group stage of this competition to "develop" up and coming refs.
Correct. Developmental opportunities are plentiful.... :smt002

Irrespective of the result there were some fantastic performances out there in Tigers' shirts tonight. Experience told in the end, or lack of it maybe..but they can certainly kick on from there, heads can be held very high.
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:56 pm
Crofty wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:43 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 pm Such a shame our youngsters have been robbed by a truely incompetent performance by a referee who was intimidated by the crowd into a series of poor decisions. If the coaches manage to hold their tongues after that they'll do very well.
Did I hear somewhere that it's the same sir that Steve Diamond is in hot water for expressing an opinion on?
The ref that Diamond had an issue with is the (and I'm being polite) useless Craig Maxwell-Keys. I believe the ref for this match was Greg Macdonald. They tend to use the group stage of this competition to "develop" up and coming refs.
Ah, my mistake then, although there's plenty of "development opportunity" in the mob at the Rec tonight (some might say he got the right result for the RFU, I couldn't possibly comment).
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 pm The ref ruined that game at the end after a pretty decent performance, and as for Burns I've lost a lot of respect for him now, whats the point in doing what he did at the end when its an LV cup game and you nearly got shown up by some teenagers, should have been embarrassed not showing off
Not got a problem with what Burns did....Tigers would probably have done the same. They could not get a try bonus point if they had continued to play amd may have conceded the ball to Tigers and end up losing.
Good game and great effort from the youngsters.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I thought Leicester did pretty well, same mistakes in the same areas as last week for me!
Holmes stood out again!
Bath weren't great and looked complacent and gifted a few points IMO but they had it in the scrum, I don't think any huge complaints can be made, they had too much and Leicester were under massive pressure, I really felt for the young lads finishing in front of a tired pack though!
The ref was shocking IMO but for different reasons to what some might think, what did he want to see before going between the posts at the end, a serious injury!
Should've been more decisive with the penalty try, it would've been fair and Leicester would've had some time to go again, simply didn't need to see that final scrum!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Holmes looks premiership class, both in attack and defence! Seems to have a lovely ability to drift about like Ashton and picking out breaks!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:17 pm Holmes looks premiership class, both in attack and defence! Seems to have a lovely ability to drift about like Ashton and picking out breaks!
Agreed maybe 15 next week with Thompstone om 1 wing and Malouf on the other
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I was really impressed with the 9/10 combo of White and Hardwick- they look to have bags of potential between them.

I thought Olowofela showed some nice touches too, just needs to beef up a tad. Tommy Refell tackled his heart out as well.

Feels like a win really considering the potential and heart those young lads showed.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Have to agree Holmes does look the part, he was marshalling the defence at times and does have some great pace and drift, with him and Thompstone back in the mix we have great back line selection options, was a brave and honest performance by a young tigers team and one we should have won if it wasn't down to the clown with the whistle, as for Burns he was childish and disrespectful in some of his actions against tigers players, poor cheap shots that are pathetic, I thought having Ford back was a backward step but he clearly is a classy international professional who is a grade above!!
ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by ElvastonTiger »

I loved seeing Harry Thacker’s devotion to the cause. In what can’t have been the easiest of weeks for him, with the announcement of a world class hooker arriving shortly, he gave his all and motivated those around him.
I just hope he stays with us (and that the Catweasle thing is just a phase he’s going through).
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Please can we not have a go at the ref. He and his team did a good job IMV. The odd error here and there but nothing game changing and they need the experience aswell. As we were bringing on more teenagers Bath were shipping on experience to save their faces. A try at the end was inevitable. Unfortunately for Bath that was as a big a moral victory for Tigers as you're ever likely to see. On that evidence Bath will be waiting several more years before picking up a trophy whilst for the Tigers the future is looking very bright.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:53 pm Please can we not have a go at the ref. He and his team did a good job IMV. The odd error here and there but nothing game changing and they need the experience aswell. As we were bringing on more teenagers Bath were shipping on experience to save their faces. A try at the end was inevitable. Unfortunately for Bath that was as a big a moral victory for Tigers as you're ever likely to see. On that evidence Bath will be waiting several more years before picking up a trophy whilst for the Tigers the future is looking very bright.
Don't get too overexcited, you do know they won at WR recently, and despite the hype that was Bath 2nds and 3rds!
Their 1sts often include Thomas, Catt, Knight, Palma-Newport, Obano, Lahiff, Batty, Dunn, Attwood, Ewells, Charteris, Louw, Underhill, Faletau, Fotuali'i, Priestland, Tapuai, Joseph, Rokodoguni and Watson!
But if you think that Sir did a good job then that is fine! :smt003
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

BFG wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:06 pm
ourla wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:53 pm Please can we not have a go at the ref. He and his team did a good job IMV. The odd error here and there but nothing game changing and they need the experience aswell. As we were bringing on more teenagers Bath were shipping on experience to save their faces. A try at the end was inevitable. Unfortunately for Bath that was as a big a moral victory for Tigers as you're ever likely to see. On that evidence Bath will be waiting several more years before picking up a trophy whilst for the Tigers the future is looking very bright.
Don't get too overexcited, you do know they won at WR recently, and despite the hype that was Bath 2nds and 3rds!
Their 1sts often include Thomas, Catt, Knight, Palma-Newport, Obano, Lahiff, Batty, Dunn, Attwood, Ewells, Charteris, Louw, Underhill, Faletau, Fotuali'i, Priestland, Tapuai, Joseph, Rokodoguni and Watson!
Yes there 2nds and 3rds against our academy
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

TheRock wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:06 pm
Yes there 2nds and 3rds against our academy
Oooh I think several Leicester players on shift tonight might be a bit insulted by that!
It was a very good effort, the pressure told where it matters in the end, can't blame the boys who finished IMO, the starters had it better with Touhy scrummaging, but it was far from being Bath's 1sts and it was also far from being the Leicester 1sts!
Last edited by BFG on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

9 of that Bath side played in their victory at Welford road
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 pm 9 of that Bath side played in their victory at Welford road
Yes they did and they have also had players return from injury since, some of that 9 might not have played were their squad all fit, they have some depth especially up front on that showing!
I certainly wouldn't dismiss them on that game tonight!