Manu sent home

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu sent home

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I'm sure its not beyond the wit of Rugby clubs to have someone whose sole job is to make sure there are enough taxis to get players and their families home after such occasions
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Eddie Jones clearly prepared to forgive - but not forget...

Jones said Tuilagi was on a final warning, adding: "Everyone talks about previous records but he's only done it once with me. If he does it again, then he'll maybe spending a lot more time in the Midlands." BBC

More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41168064
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:51 pm Eddie Jones clearly prepared to forgive - but not forget...

Jones said Tuilagi was on a final warning, adding: "Everyone talks about previous records but he's only done it once with me. If he does it again, then he'll maybe spending a lot more time in the Midlands." BBC

More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41168064
England are doing just fine without him. He would be better off staying in the Midlands and improving his game for his club.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

sapajo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:40 pm Eddie Jones is a complete hypocrite, he turns a blind eye to someone who has been banned many times for an accumulation of some 13 months due to offences committed on the pitch and sends someone home for drinking once whilst off the pitch due to so called " cultural issues" .
No, not really.

First, Jones hasn't turned a blind eye to anyone, I seem to recall Jones justifying Hartley's selection in view of his club record on his appointment.

Second, subsequently Hartley has proved himself worthy of the England Captaincy - his disciplinary record in an England shirt and at training camps is (unless anyone knows otherwise) blameless. It also helps that perhaps Hartley made himself somewhat indispensable in the No2 Shirt - For sure, he has George and Co as able replacements now and we will see less of Hartley I believe. But the elephant in the room is that if Tuilagi was good enough, Jones would perhaps look more favourably at his selection. Lest we not forget, laminated sick-chit Tuilagi has been effectively off work for two years now - and the first chance he got, he blew it.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Roly wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:17 am ....But the elephant in the room is that if Tuilagi was good enough, Jones would perhaps look more favourably at his selection. Lest we not forget, laminated sick-chit Tuilagi has been effectively off work for two years now - and the first chance he got, he blew it.

Lest you forget you are referring to one of our own players. You may think that Manu is not worth hanging onto given his injury record, and you are entitled to that view, which you have expressed adnauseum.

You are not entitled to come onto a Tigers forum throwing about scurrilous insults.

Others on here think differently to you and they are entitled to their view as are the coaches of the club, who have decided Manu is worth the investment, for now at least. Also interestingly Eddie Jones did think Manu was good enough that's why he called him back into the squad asap, and why he has already indicated a willingness to overlook his misdemeanor.

I noted a comment of yours on a previous thread in which you referred to swearing on the terrace and asking why people wondered people were wearing on the terrace. This sums you up to a tee!

Its about respecting others, and realizing that what might be perfectly ok for you might just be unacceptable to someone else. I and others on here have no expectation that such consideration from you will ever be forthcoming.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Roly is why the ignore list was invented, OK I made that up.
But I do wish there was a way of preventing seeing his posts second hand!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Crumblies wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 pm
Roly wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:17 am ....But the elephant in the room is that if Tuilagi was good enough, Jones would perhaps look more favourably at his selection. Lest we not forget, laminated sick-chit Tuilagi has been effectively off work for two years now - and the first chance he got, he blew it.

Lest you forget you are referring to one of our own players. You may think that Manu is not worth hanging onto given his injury record, and you are entitled to that view, which you have expressed adnauseum.

You are not entitled to come onto a Tigers forum throwing about scurrilous insults.

Others on here think differently to you and they are entitled to their view as are the coaches of the club, who have decided Manu is worth the investment, for now at least. Also interestingly Eddie Jones did think Manu was good enough that's why he called him back into the squad asap, and why he has already indicated a willingness to overlook his misdemeanor.

I noted a comment of yours on a previous thread in which you referred to swearing on the terrace and asking why people wondered people were wearing on the terrace. This sums you up to a tee!

Its about respecting others, and realizing that what might be perfectly ok for you might just be unacceptable to someone else. I and others on here have no expectation that such consideration from you will ever be forthcoming.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. :smt035
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Manu returns home to visit his family and the Samoan Witch Doctor!
He states it is "To protect him from the Spirits!" If he is to return for England then he needs protecting from Clubs, Pubs & Bars that may too have spirits.. :smt030
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... eturn.html
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Thought he is on rugby tonight on Wednesday, hope he has gone home as his appearances on TV only serve to confirm that he really is not the brightest penny in the pound.
Every time he appears on this type of programme I squirm with embarrassment.
His management do him no favours letting him appear on live television.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

The article is written in the past tense, he is obviously back as the camera kept focusing on him sitting in the stand yesterday.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:46 pm Thought he is on rugby tonight on Wednesday, hope he has gone home as his appearances on TV only serve to confirm that he really is not the brightest penny in the pound.
Every time he appears on this type of programme I squirm with embarrassment.
His management do him no favours letting him appear on live television.
He isn’t the brightest in general but his rugby knowledge is exceptional, he just doesn’t always have the ability to express it.
On the bright side Wayne Barnes is also on Wednesday and he’s always worth a watch
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Oh come on, his rugby knowledge is ridiculously poor, sadly he comes across as someone who has very limited intelligence, I say again his management should keep him away from any television appearances, they do him no favours.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:22 pm Oh come on, his rugby knowledge is ridiculously poor, sadly he comes across as someone who has very limited intelligence, I say again his management should keep him away from any television appearances, they do him no favours.
We will have to agree to disagree but I have often found his comments to be insightful as in durin g the Racing game and why we were struggling to deal with their Fijians off loads, sure enough he was spot on.

As for him being on the telly as far as I’m aware Freddie is still his agent, and he is governed by 1thing ££
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

He was there yesterday with several other senior squad members looking relaxed and happy. Also in attendance Tom Croft & family, Dominic Ryan, Ellis Genge (couldn’t keep the ‘well-wishers’ away, was v patient but rarely allowed to be alone/with his team-mates), George Ford, Matt Smith, Telusa V. No doubt a few others too.

1) Good to see the first team regulars supporting their team-mates as per usual.

2). Media attention is now switching to Ellis - so far he’s shown significant restraint. How do we help these guys stay grounded, able to watch a match without being bombarded with ‘well-wishers’ while retaining the spirit that allows mere mortals to mix with the ‘stars’?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:22 pm Oh come on, his rugby knowledge is ridiculously poor, sadly he comes across as someone who has very limited intelligence, I say again his management should keep him away from any television appearances, they do him no favours.
We will have to agree to disagree but I have often found his comments to be insightful as in durin g the Racing game and why we were struggling to deal with their Fijians off loads, sure enough he was spot on.

As for him being on the telly as far as I’m aware Freddie is still his agent, and he is governed by 1thing ££
Having 'rugby knowledge' and having a 'rugby brain' are two different things, I'm not sure he has both...