Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Glaws

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:25 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:03 pm Tuilagi looked hopelessly out of his depth imho.
Really? Even though he was second place in the fan's man-of-the-match?
Was he really?

Bar that one run where he smashed a glous player he didn't really do much in terms of using his size, needs to do what Henry did and just charge into players, Fred seems to slow down into contact alot of the time.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It sounded close on the radio, that is when I could understand what Bletherin' was saying.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:30 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:03 pm Tuilagi looked hopelessly out of his depth imho.
Was he really?

Bar that one run where he smashed a glous player he didn't really do much in terms of using his size, needs to do what Henry did and just charge into players, Fred seems to slow down into contact alot of the time.
That’s exactly what we said both running into people and tackling.

Thought Pakalani had a decent first showing too
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Seriously?

Which fan was that then?

:smt003
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:34 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Was he really?

That’s exactly what we said both running into people and tackling.

Thought Pakalani had a decent first showing too
yeh i think Pakalani prob forced the offload too much, but i reckon he could be a handful once he settles.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

For what its worth, Blodwyn and Stevie thought Tuilagi Jnr had a good game.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

A very poor quality game overall.
Some were virtually anonymous, Lewis didn't do much IMO.
At least Tuilagi had a go!
As is expected way off the Premiership pace but some of the backs running added some spark when they could.
I thought Joe Ford did alright and Worth and Holmes linked up nicely for Holmes to score and good to see Thompstone back.
Pakalani looks very raw, obviously early days but he looks to have nice feet and some gas.
I think Worth is a better centre prospect at the top level than Thacker who lacks gas in defence and showboats too much IMO, looks good at times but lots of errors and the spin on the pass to Worth to knock on was very poor IMO, I wasn't surprised that Worth couldn't take it!
Gloucester looked the better team IMO, had the chance and should've won, will need to play better than that away at Bath!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Would agree that Tuilagi had a go and lasted the 80. Their starting back row was premiership standard and front row wasn’t far short.
Can see you point about Thacker BFG but defensively he was strong. Pakalani I thing will be a real asset particularly when surrounded by better players.

Next week I think will be a different side depending on availability, looking at some combinations ready for the premiership. Bath will have as many, if not more than us missing
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Couldn't go today as had to take the youngest to a Uni open day, but got back in time for the TV.

Enjoyed the game but as Geordie said, we were rusty, there were a lot of players out there who have played little rugby this season.

We will be better next week. I liked the look of Simmonds at 9 and also thought Ford controlled the game reasonably well, again especially as he's only played 15 mins this season!

Overall a decent performance but one we can improve upon.
Soggypitch
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

BFG wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:08 pm I think Worth is a better centre prospect at the top level than Thacker who lacks gas in defence and showboats too much IMO
Your probably right but I think we might see Worth take on Taits role of utility back once he retires which keeps the door for Thacker open a bit
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Pakalani showed some promise but his handling errors were too high, let's hope he grows into the game
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

C'mon Straw it was his first senior start for the club, he wasn't hopelessly out of the depth he was just a bit inexperienced, he carried quite well
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I though Holmes had a good game and was cery solid in defence. At one stage he defended a 3:1 overlap for them. Although there was cover, it was impressive. Pakalani seemed to ship the ball on or look indecisive most of the time but he ran perfectly at the inside shoulder and off loaded for Thompstones try. I am sure he will get better.

Wells seemed a bit anonymous. Touhey took s lot of line out ball, as though he was demonstrating he should be in the AP team but then it seemed to go a bit wrong. Overall an OK performance but quite exciting to watch when it is that close.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:47 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:08 pm I think Worth is a better centre prospect at the top level than Thacker who lacks gas in defence and showboats too much IMO
Your probably right but I think we might see Worth take on Taits role of utility back once he retires which keeps the door for Thacker open a bit
Worth looks a very good player, may not appear quite as flash as some but transitioning into the top level where mistakes are punished I think his game is very solid and he can get better.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

A No. 8 he ain't at this stage of his rugby career IMO. Seemed to stand off when in possession but then none of the Tigers went into contact with any real pace. Lucky to come away with a win. If Glaws had kicked their way out of their 22 then I believe they would have had the win?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat