Tigers vs Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Falcons

Post by Roly »

I didn't see the match or watch highlights, so can only go on what people have said on here.

A very good result and as I said previously, I think I'm happier with a convincing away win at Falcons than I was about a home win v Chiefs. That's a pretty handy Falcons outfit.

It was important to get the win, going into the LV break on a loss would have had a big influence on continuity. Onwards and upwards, even I'm starting to feel optimistic....

Still, was that another try bonus point gone begging?.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Roly wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:00 am I didn't see the match or watch highlights, so can only go on what people have said on here.

A very good result and as I said previously, I think I'm happier with a convincing away win at Falcons than I was about a home win v Chiefs. That's a pretty handy Falcons outfit.

It was important to get the win, going into the LV break on a loss would have had a big influence on continuity. Onwards and upwards, even I'm starting to feel optimistic....

Yes unfortunately it was. I watched the whole match on the Bet365 stream and it was a good performance, (a great performance from Ford) but we had 4 or 5 golden opportunities to score another try and fluffed it. Nevertheless the win and the momentum is the main thing, we are looking very good, even the lineout worked well yesterday and the scrum was in command.
Soggypitch
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Roly wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:00 am I didn't see the match or watch highlights, so can only go on what people have said on here.

Taste of the action

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... 6908868608
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 am
Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:25 pm Two old Tigers putting the nail in the Bath coffin. Nice feeling. Posh Richard and I partook of a nice Fronton.
A Rémy and now "a nice Fronton"!! Steady, Dai!
All done in the best possible taste. A bottle of Bellevue le foret shared over a late lunch watching the Bath game. Possibly posh Richard was calming the Gloucester nerve. Then a post dinner Remy to toast the victories. Very civilised if you ask me.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Have to agree that the bonus point try was there to be taken and missed yet again. Hope these missed points don't come back to bite us. You can't fault the effort or the set piece - line out was much better and we had their scrum on toast at times - neither can you fault the backs. If Veainu's try is not a try of the season contender my dinkie doo is a kipper. Well done guys
Hehehehehehehehe
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:14 am If Veainu's try is not a try of the season contender my dinkie doo is a kipper. Well done guys
Well that spoilt my breakfast. lol
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Worth watching the highlights here https://www.premiershiprugby.com/match-highlights/. Would love to see more but a good “taster”.

Veainu’s try must be try of the round if not more!! If nominated, is this some sort of record? Can’t ever remember Tigers getting as many try of week nominations as we have this year.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Bristol Tiger wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 am Worth watching the highlights here https://www.premiershiprugby.com/match-highlights/. Would love to see more but a good “taster”.

Veainu’s try must be try of the round if not more!! If nominated, is this some sort of record? Can’t ever remember Tigers getting as many try of week nominations as we have this year.
I seem to remember in MOC's last season before he went to Leinster (12/13?) we won try of the week nearly every week (Mainly because we had the most fans voting)
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Bristol Tiger wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 am Worth watching the highlights here https://www.premiershiprugby.com/match-highlights/. Would love to see more but a good “taster”.

Pretty tries are nice, but try bonus points are better.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Looking forward to watching the game this afternoon, especially Tait and Dosser's Lad in the centres. From what I have read in the papers Tait did a good job at 12 in distribution with Ford?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

tigerburnie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:24 am
trendylfj wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:14 am If Veainu's try is not a try of the season contender my dinkie doo is a kipper. Well done guys
Well that spoilt my breakfast. lol
Thought "that try" at home last season was easily sufficient for him to win last season and he beat some five players then I believe?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I love the bewildered expression on Alex Tait's face as Veainu leaves standing as a spectator
Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timmers »

Perfect surface for Veainu to step players at pace. It makes a huge difference to quick ball and back play moves.

All rosey at present but we need a plan B for the winter ahead.

Not quite sure if manu’s and owen’s progress but Tait and smith will need to be rotated in the months to come. More physicality needed along the way, but most impressed with recent displays. Especially old man Tait at 15, 13 and now 12 over 3 games.

Ford, total class.....
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Just watched the highlights. Match-winning moment for me was Tait saving the Goneva try at 13-17 by getting underneath him. Would have put the Falcons ahead by 3 at a crucial stage.

Wouldn't have been disappointed to see Mat Tait go to France a couple of years ago but he's been invaluable ever since!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I think our centres showed they still have plenty of skill and appetite for the game, no fears when they take the field, consummate professionals.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.