Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tigers vs Falcons

Post by Seal »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:17 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:11 pm On a day when I'd have snatched your hands off for an LBP. I'll take the win. A nice victory Remy is going down well. Well played lads.
Completely agree. Having lost our first 2 games, to get a convincing win up there is fantastic. The lack of a tbp is unfortunate but for people to be complaining is deluded.
Anglo Welsh and international window to get players back and refreshed and then back at it.

As an aside as we were playing our 4th and 5th choice centres today how did Tait and Dossers lad do

Tait and Smith played very well. Tait did a passable impression of Toomua with some of his distribution.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Seal wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:36 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:17 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:11 pm On a day when I'd have snatched your hands off for an LBP. I'll take the win. A nice victory Remy is going down well. Well played lads.
Completely agree. Having lost our first 2 games, to get a convincing win up there is fantastic. The lack of a tbp is unfortunate but for people to be complaining is deluded.
Anglo Welsh and international window to get players back and refreshed and then back at it.

As an aside as we were playing our 4th and 5th choice centres today how did Tait and Dossers lad do

Tait and Smith played very well. Tait did a passable impression of Toomua with some of his distribution.
Seemed like Veainu stepped into the 13 channel in attack.

Very professional performance. Ford is a real class act.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Deano: "George Ford was man of the match. Their forwards controlled the game, controlled the line-outs and he pulled the strings."

How long have we waited for a rival coach to say that - and how sweet does it sound?! Fantastic!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of this Centre partnership... MOC confirmed after the game that Toomua out for 6 weeks
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of this Centre partnership... MOC confirmed after the game that Toomua out for 6 weeks
Hopefully back for Munster and Sarries...
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

So back for a warm up away to Wasps then starting against Munster away? If so,I think we can manage in the meantime and will be great to have back for the double-header
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Will somebody tell the person who writes the news items on our website that Tigers are not 4th in the Aviva table after today's win at Newcastle and Baths home defeat by Gloucester we are now actually 3rd in the premiership. :smt026
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Noddy555 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:59 pm Will somebody tell the person who writes the news items on our website that Tigers are not 4th in the Aviva table after today's win at Newcastle and Baths home defeat by Gloucester we are now actually 3rd in the premiership. :smt026
I’m guessing the6 wrote that before the final whistle at Bath and missed the dramatic finish :smt004
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Two old Tigers putting the nail in the Bath coffin. Nice feeling. Posh Richard and I partook of a nice Fronton.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:40 pm Deano: "George Ford was man of the match. Their forwards controlled the game, controlled the line-outs and he pulled the strings."

How long have we waited for a rival coach to say that - and how sweet does it sound?! Fantastic!
7 Premiership games and 2 European games.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Amazing how things change for some in a few months re Ford.

Freddie who?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Noddy555 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:59 pm Will somebody tell the person who writes the news items on our website that Tigers are not 4th in the Aviva table after today's win at Newcastle and Baths home defeat by Gloucester we are now actually 3rd in the premiership. :smt026
Told Andy Mann - now sorted! :smt023
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Certainly Ford pulls the strings in a way Freddie couldn't.

However I still think Freddie is a classy player who found himself trying to spark a team that looked less than the sum of it's individuals and played like they had no game plan, a reliance on the old Tigers way (which simply no longer worked) and shattered confidence.

The defeats by Bath and Saints seem to have galvanised the team into playing with the structure O'Connor intended and some of the old Tigers "dog".
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:52 pm Amazing how things change for some in a few months re Ford.

Freddie who?
Exactly what has he done at Bath, got himself red carded that’s about it
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:25 pm Two old Tigers putting the nail in the Bath coffin. Nice feeling. Posh Richard and I partook of a nice Fronton.
A Rémy and now "a nice Fronton"!! Steady, Dai!
Semper in excretia