Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Falcons

Post by strawclearer »

JP14 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:58 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:30 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:17 pm I forgot about Pakalani if he plays Centre we should give him a shot
He should be given a shot centre or not, why buy him and not even try him?
Ok yes I probably should have phrased it better, if he is a centre than this could a be a chance to show to his worth
I think he's more full-back/wing. I'm tempted to hope Charlie Thacker might get a go but I suspect we'll see:

15 Telusa Veainu
14 Nick Malouf
13 Mat Tait
12 Matt Smith
11 Jonny May
10 George Ford
9 Ben Youngs

1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Harry Wells
5 Dom Barrow
6 Sione Kalamafoni
7 Brendon O’Connor
8 Valentino Mapapalangi

Replacements

16 George McGuigan
17 Greg Bateman
18 Pat Cilliers
19 Dan Tuohy
20 Luke Hamilton
21 Sam Harrison
22 Adam Thompstone
23 Joe Ford
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

That nice Mr Wayne Barnes will be in charge on Sunday. Hope he’s not too jet lagged from his Bledisloe cup match
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Would agree with Strawclearers side, centres may swop numbers, or Malouf get a run at 13 with one of those inside him
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:25 pm Would agree with Strawclearers side, centres may swop numbers, or Malouf get a run at 13 with one of those inside him
Could imagine Malouf getting a go at 13 if Tombstone comes on towards the 60 minute mark.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I can't wait to see Thompstone back fit-and-firing 👉
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Does anyone know if this match is being shown on tv anywhere/anyhow please?
This will be the first of the season that has not been televised 😢 First one we may miss since we’ve moved to Wales
Pip
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

pipkoi wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:17 pm Does anyone know if this match is being shown on tv anywhere/anyhow please?
This will be the first of the season that has not been televised 😢 First one we may miss since we’ve moved to Wales
Every Sunday evening channel 5 show highlights of all the weekends premiership games. Words of wisdom supplied by David Flatman
Steve56
Tiger Cub

Post by Steve56 »

There's usually the full game the next day on Youtube.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Thompstone is almost definitely wearing 23 this week
I'd love to see Thacker given a go at 12. If this happens then Leicester will have to change their play style. We will see less long passes, and maybe a lot of decoy lines and having Tait as the first receiver. Matt O'Connor also mentioned Catchpole as a possibility too
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

pipkoi wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:17 pm Does anyone know if this match is being shown on tv anywhere/anyhow please?
That's a shame because it has the potential to be a pretty good match. I suppose the TV schedulers decided that Bath v Glaws had more clout - probably does actually. Can't complain, Tigers have been on every week this season so far.

Difficult match this, Falcons are going to be favourites at home.
Last edited by Roly on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:49 am Thompstone is almost definitely wearing 23 this week
I'd love to see Thacker given a go at 12. If this happens then Leicester will have to change their play style. We will see less long passes, and maybe a lot of decoy lines and having Tait as the first receiver. Matt O'Connor also mentioned Catchpole as a possibility too
Forget Catchpole and Thacker as starters for this week. One of them may make the bench because of our injuries but if so then Thompstone will not be in the 23 as we will need Ford and Harrison to cover the half back positions. Falcons are above us and scoring lots of points. To have any chance of a win up there experience and good defence will be paramount. So Tait and Smith in the centres with a back row of Hamilton, Kalamafoni and Mapapalangi are essential as far as I am concerned. Mike Williams can provide impact from the bench. Front row and reserves pick themselves namely Genge, Youngs, Cole, McGuigan, Bateman and Cilliers. 2nd row any 3 from Kitchener, Barrow, Touhy and Wells to make the 23. That leaves Ben Youngs, George Ford, May, Malouf and Veainu to complete the team.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Bet365 look as though they may be streaming the match but schedules change. You need to join with a returnable deposit of £10 in order to watch and enlarge the screen. There is no need to bet and you can get your money back whenever you want. It is a bit fiddly at first but I have watched matches before that are not on normal channels
Hehehehehehehehe
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:44 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:49 am Thompstone is almost definitely wearing 23 this week
Forget Catchpole and Thacker as starters for this week. One of them may make the bench because of our injuries but if so then Thompstone will not be in the 23 as we will need Ford and Harrison to cover the half back positions. Falcons are above us and scoring lots of points. To have any chance of a win up there experience and good defence will be paramount. So Tait and Smith in the centres with a back row of Hamilton, Kalamafoni and Mapapalangi are essential as far as I am concerned. Mike Williams can provide impact from the bench. Front row and reserves pick themselves namely Genge, Youngs, Cole, McGuigan, Bateman and Cilliers. 2nd row any 3 from Kitchener, Barrow, Touhy and Wells to make the 23. That leaves Ben Youngs, George Ford, May, Malouf and Veainu to complete the team.
Seems to be a few on here who favour 'resting' some and giving some game time to 'inexperience'....

I suspect they haven't seen the league table in a while, or been watching highlights. Flacons are unrecognisable from last Season.

Falcons's tactical kicking has been superb and they're controlling the tempo of the game well from up front. They've also got a really handy back line - but mostly they've kicked for territory and rumbled the opposition out of the way.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
AndyE

Post by AndyE »

Does anybody know if there is any space left on the supporters coach to Newcastle on Sunday?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

AndyE wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:48 am Does anybody know if there is any space left on the supporters coach to Newcastle on Sunday?
Ask John Griffiths 0116 2101056
Soggypitch