Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury Update

Post by Noggs »

Roly wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:22 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 pm As a wise man once said on this very forum "keep the blind faith"
Fixed in line.
If you quote someone please don't add words not said unless you wish to be viewed with the same affection as a certain Mr Trump :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Sorry I meant "keep the faith"...not sure how the "blind" got on there. My apologies.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Noggs wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:10 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 pm As a wise man once said on this very forum "keep the blind faith"
Fixed in line.
If you quote someone please don't add words not said unless you wish to be viewed with the same affection as a certain Mr Trump :smt009
That's why you say 'fixed in line'.... sigh.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Roly wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:30 am
Noggs wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Fixed in line.
That's why you say 'fixed in line'.... sigh.
Oh, so that's what it means. Well I never..... :smt009
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

That's a massive relief. Dont think I would have risked him anyway on that pitch.
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JerryGas wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:33 pm That's a massive relief. Dont think I would have risked him anyway on that pitch.
Yes - a wave of relief spread over me too! "It's not ligaments!" I said to my dog, who seemed equally relieved.

Then I googled 'bruised bone'...

"Sub-periosteal Hematoma

A sub-periosteal hematoma is a collection of blood located underneath the protective membranous layer on bones called the periosteum. This occurs as a result of direct force trauma against a bone, typically in one of the lower extremities.

The periosteum is a thick, fibrous membrane that covers and helps nourish our bones. It is very vascular, meaning is has a large blood supply to it, so when there is a traumatic force applied to a bone, like jamming your shin on a coffee table, it can cause bleeding between the membrane and the bone.

These injuries are seen a bit more often in younger persons mainly because their periosteum is very thick, tough and less likely to tear as one would see in older folks.

Because there is very little space between these structures, there is little room for the blood to spread, so it forms a more localized lump under the periosteum that can take many weeks to months to resolve. This bump can also be quite sore to the touch."

I guess we might need to worry for a bit longer - until the next update.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Sore but perhaps not debilitating. I think it is much preferable to ligament damage and hopefully recovery to the point where he can play again will not be too long.

Nothing as yet on the other injuries?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Ellis Genge is fit. Adam Thompstone will make the 23 at Kingston Park.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ok so it’s not as horrific as it could have been, thank god, but it’s excellent to hear that Genge is fit but what about Owen.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Full details here: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... 1009939026

“Matt Toomua’s injury is not as serious as it looked,” O’Connor said. “He has a bit of bone-bruising in that joint but the ligament is sound and intact. The difficulty around the bone-bruising is that you don’t really know how long it takes to recover but it is not nearly as serious as we first thought."

“Thankfully we have a couple of down weeks around the Anglo-Welsh Cup and hopefully he doesn’t miss too many games for us.”

Gareth Owen is also ruled out for a couple of weeks after picking up an injury early on against Castres. “Gareth Owen has a minor hamstring strain so he should be back for the Sale game in the Premiership."
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Owen out for a couple of weeks with a hamstring strain.

Genge apparently good to go. He was just making a bit of fuss, the drama queen.

Toomua, bone bruising. Depending on severity we're probably looking at 3-8 weeks without him. Let's get one thing straight though, although any injury is not ideal, this is good news. Any significant ligament damage or straining, he'd be looking at 3 months minimum to another season out if it was the ACL.

These Anglo Welsh weeks have come at a perfect time, when we'd want to give him a break and blood Thacker anyway.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

iceman_19 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:41 pm Owen out for a couple of weeks with a hamstring strain.

Genge apparently good to go. He was just making a bit of fuss, the drama queen.

Toomua, bone bruising. Depending on severity we're probably looking at 3-8 weeks without him. Let's get one thing straight though, although any injury is not ideal, this is good news. Any significant ligament damage or straining, he'd be looking at 3 months minimum to another season out if it was the ACL.

These Anglo Welsh weeks have come at a perfect time, when we'd want to give him a break and blood Thacker anyway.
So IM19 when are you going to tell Ellis that he is a 'drama queen' ? Will you be selling tickets?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

A bit of a kip in a hyperbaric chamber for Tooma may help speed up the recovery?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TigerCam wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:41 pm A bit of a kip in a hyperbaric chamber for Tooma may help speed up the recovery?
I think claims for the benefits are exaggerated - or is that a hyperbolic chamber?

[Coat]