Injury Update

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Injury Update

Post by Soggypitch »

For some reason I'm extremely agitated about the injuries to Toomua, Genge and Owen from Saturday.

No update on the Club website obviously, but has anyone heard anything via social media (which I don't do!)?

Just for once please can we have some good news!!
Soggypitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury Update

Post by JP14 »

The Tigers instagram replied to a comment stating that the scans had yet to taken place
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:18 pm The Tigers instagram replied to a comment stating that the scans had yet to taken place
If those scans have not taken place today, I'll eat my hat (says Paddy Pantsdown)!
Soggypitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm just as afraid as you to be honest
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:28 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:18 pm The Tigers instagram replied to a comment stating that the scans had yet to taken place
If those scans have not taken place today, I'll eat my hat (says Paddy Pantsdown)!
I'm not medically minded but don't you normally wait for swelling to go down before a scan, to give the best results?
#optimist #can'thandlethetruth
:smt009
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Waiting for the swelling to go down isn't always necessary before scanning.

However if things are easing a few days , time may well have determined that there is no need for a scan.
The urgency of a knee scan is not that high compared to that of say a head injury where immediate surgery could be life changing.

If you've ruptured your ACL you'll be out for a season if you have surgery. The surgery is rarely done immediately to allow things to settle down a bit before going under the knife, so finding out on Monday you will be having op in a fortnight or whether you delay the scan until Thursday is almost irrelevant. (Beyond allowing the search for a replacement player to start a day or two earlier)
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Hopefully all of the injuries will be short lived but I guess we will know more in due course. In the meantime we have Manu and possibly others on the mend so quality in depth continues to be the key word to success. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Noggs wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:11 pm Hopefully all of the injuries will be short lived but I guess we will know more in due course. In the meantime we have Manu and possibly others on the mend so quality in depth continues to be the key word to success. :smt023
So what do Tigers do in between now, the potentially protracted period of time while Toomua is out, and 20 minutes after Tuilagi's return, when he goes off injured?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Roly wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 pm
Noggs wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:11 pm Hopefully all of the injuries will be short lived but I guess we will know more in due course. In the meantime we have Manu and possibly others on the mend so quality in depth continues to be the key word to success. :smt023
So what do Tigers do in between now, the potentially protracted period of time while Toomua is out, and 20 minutes after Tuilagi's return, when he goes off injured?
Nothing like a blast of positive thinking Roly.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 pm
Roly wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 pm
Nothing like a blast of positive thinking Roly.
As opposed to blind faith or wilful ignorance of a team's players or disposition?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

It's just too soon to know anything concrete!
Essentially doing nothing in seeing how it settles down is the first course of action!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

It neither blind faith or ignorance. I have faith in the clubs medical staff, which I would hope are first class. I also believe the club knows what it isn't doing in relation to Manu and his injuries. Neither you or I have any knowledge on Manu's rehabilitation or injury status. The club is dammed if it does and dammed if it doesn't. The club sold Moody to Bath due to injuries and end of contract. There are others we have done the same with. However the club was rounded on for this, not being loyal to players etc.
However we keep Manu and it's wrong also. We employ ex players and this is the club being incestrous.
Can't win.
As a wise man once said on this very forum "keep the faith"
There is never any points for 2nd place...
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 pm It neither blind faith or ignorance. I have faith in the clubs medical staff, which I would hope are first class. I also believe the club knows what it isn't doing in relation to Manu and his injuries. Neither you or I have any knowledge on Manu's rehabilitation or injury status. The club is dammed if it does and dammed if it doesn't. The club sold Moody to Bath due to injuries and end of contract. There are others we have done the same with. However the club was rounded on for this, not being loyal to players etc.
However we keep Manu and it's wrong also. We employ ex players and this is the club being incestrous.
Can't win.
As a wise man once said on this very forum "keep the faith"
:smt023
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 pm As a wise man once said on this very forum "keep the blind faith"
Fixed in line.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Would it be conventional for Manu to wear knee pads?
🤔🤔