Tigers looking for Two Injury Dispensation Replacements

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DCATsOLDMAN

Tigers looking for Two Injury Dispensation Replacements

Post by DCATsOLDMAN »

According to today's LM, we are looking for TWO temporary replacements, for Manu and Fitzgerald, as they are both not due to be fit for at least twelve weeks. Just got to find suitable temporary replacements!

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... ury-536919

MOC also clarifies the position of Tom Croft, who has a neck injury (not his back).

Also good news about McGuigan being back in training, and the Kitch facial injury not being as bad as first feared.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers looking for Two Injury Dispensation Replacements

Post by ourla »

Croft "on the mend". Yeah, right. Not even sure what that means. How many weeks?

Neck injuries always seem to be complicated.

Not wishing to be negative - I just have a bee in my bonnet at the moment at the inconsistency of information that seems to come out about injuries.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

DCATsOLDMAN wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:59 am According to today's LM, we are looking for TWO temporary replacements, for Manu and Fitzgerald, as they are both not due to be fit for at least twelve weeks. Just got to find suitable temporary replacements!

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... ury-536919

MOC also clarifies the position of Tom Croft, who has a neck injury (not his back).

Also good news about McGuigan being back in training, and the Kitch facial injury not being as bad as first feared.
Croft, an expensive waterboy. His continued involvement as a 'player' is laughing stock, and Tuilagi isn't far behind him.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

The Egg Chasers podcast said this week that Sale have had a contract offer rejected by Sonny Bill and 2 other prem clubs are sniffing around him. Perhaps wishful thinking but could we be looking at him as a replacement for Manu?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

dunc wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:14 pm The Egg Chasers podcast said this week that Sale have had a contract offer rejected by Sonny Bill and 2 other prem clubs are sniffing around him. Perhaps wishful thinking but could we be looking at him as a replacement for Manu?
I don't believe it could happen for the simple reason that the Tigers board isn't intelligent enough to court such outrageous talent. And if they did, there would be a contractual clause that stated SBW could only sign for the club if he were to turn up injured (or promise to get injured soon).
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

[quote=Roly

Croft, an expensive waterboy. His continued involvement as a 'player' is laughing stock, and Tuilagi isn't far behind him.
[/quote]
😴
Croft is a great player with unfortunate injuries. He has given the club a lot and behind the scenes will continue to do so. Thankfully our club are looking after him too.

Manu is equally unfortunate and when fully fit and injury free we will see more from him.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

You got a bite, Roly!
Well done, you. :smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

ourla wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:56 am Croft "on the mend". Yeah, right. Not even sure what that means. How many weeks?

Neck injuries always seem to be complicated.

Not wishing to be negative - I just have a bee in my bonnet at the moment at the inconsistency of information that seems to come out about injuries.
Was there ever any consistency or did I miss that ? The club has no obligation to inform the fans when this or that player is going to come back, it's the same with all clubs. Even asking the players, they'll say "I'm back in a couple of weeks" when it could be a month. And when it's reported that they're back, it's usually in training and could be several weeks before they're in full contact and ready to play. I suspect we won't see Croft until Christmas as he's got to get the neck right, strengthen it, get back to full fitness, non-contact training then full contact....these things take time and each player's recovery is different.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Never really understood the moaning for fans to be kept up to date about injuries.
For starters it's focusing on the negatives instead of the players of the moment.
If they say a player will be back on a particular date and he isn't then it'll be just another thing to moan about and it's not an exact science.
It also keeps opposition up to date on likely selections so they can prepare tactics better.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

L Smith wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 pm You got a bite, Roly!
Well done, you. :smt002
When a player is off sick for three years, you get plenty of practice.... :smt002
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

BFG wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:42 am Never really understood the moaning for fans to be kept up to date about injuries.
For starters it's focusing on the negatives instead of the players of the moment.
If they say a player will be back on a particular date and he isn't then it'll be just another thing to moan about and it's not an exact science.
It also keeps opposition up to date on likely selections so they can prepare tactics better.
Here here.

The only thing to gain is to try and satisfy those who will never be satisfied.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BFG wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:42 am Never really understood the moaning for fans to be kept up to date about injuries.
I was moaning about the inconsistency. If the club stated they would not be releasing any information about injuries that would be fine. But they do, just inconsistently. Some players they seem to give consistent detailed updates, others a cursory mention, others like Crofty you get nothing or nothing and then a short mention like he has a neck injury. I'm not sure there is anything sinister in it. It's clearly not keep the opposition guessing because as I say some players they tell the exact situation and announce early in the week they won't be available for the next match.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:46 pm
I was moaning about the inconsistency. If the club stated they would not be releasing any information about injuries that would be fine. But they do, just inconsistently. Some players they seem to give consistent detailed updates, others a cursory mention, others like Crofty you get nothing or nothing and then a short mention like he has a neck injury. I'm not sure there is anything sinister in it. It's clearly not keep the opposition guessing because as I say some players they tell the exact situation and announce early in the week they won't be available for the next match.
The reason the club don't make any announcements about Croft, is that his default state is 'injured', therefore its much easier for the club to forget he exists and stare at the big hole in the salary cap every month, than it is to state the bleeding obvious to those with a sense of entitlement.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:00 pm The reason the club don't make any announcements about Croft, is that his default state is 'injured', therefore its much easier for the club to forget he exists and stare at the big hole in the salary cap every month, than it is to state the bleeding obvious to those with a sense of entitlement.
That would make sense if he hadn't played in an "A" game.

The only thing I'm entitled to is post on here subject to the guidelines and mods.

I think it's Gloucester that when the put out the team list they also put out a list of players unavailable and the basic reason why. I think that's a good and consistent way of doing it. Anyone not in the team and not on the unavailable list is by default available and not selected.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:07 pm
Roly wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:00 pm The reason the club don't make any announcements about Croft, is that his default state is 'injured', therefore its much easier for the club to forget he exists and stare at the big hole in the salary cap every month, than it is to state the bleeding obvious to those with a sense of entitlement.
I think it's Gloucester that when the put out the team list they also put out a list of players unavailable and the basic reason why. I think that's a good and consistent way of doing it. Anyone not in the team and not on the unavailable list is by default available and not selected.
I had no idea that Glaws did that. Its transparent if nothing else.