Regent College Parking

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lotus51

Regent College Parking

Post by Lotus51 »

The Regent College car park was closed last Sat. Anyone know if this was a one off closure or have they now stopped parking on matchdays?
Lammy

Re: Regent College Parking

Post by Lammy »

Meant to post the same thing but you've beaten me to it.

Ever since the car park management changed it seems to have been a bit hit and miss- there were two matchdays last season where it didn't open. Suspect that is it now but could do with clarification
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Regent College is merging with QE up the road maybe it's just not coordinated at the moment
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Lotus51 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:07 am The Regent College car park was closed last Sat. Anyone know if this was a one off closure or have they now stopped parking on matchdays?
What happened on Sunday though?
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

is there any update on this? Will there be parking there for the Exeter game, does anyone know?

I'm not sure that I've followed this thread properly as I think there were some posts about permission from the council. sorry if I've not got it right.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the land purchase deal we made with Leicester City council included all the land north of Almond Street, Which means that very soon we shall become the landlords of both Regent College and the Car Sales showroom as well as the land to the north and South of our stadium. So surely
any car parking problem is of a temporary nature?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Noddy555 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:25 pm Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the land purchase deal we made with Leicester City council included all the land north of Almond Street, Which means that very soon we shall become the landlords of both Regent College and the Car Sales showroom as well as the land to the north and South of our stadium. So surely
any car parking problem is of a temporary nature?
Regent college is situated on Regent Road, near the central fire station, so unsure to what you are referring :smt017 :smt017
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Sorry Mark I thought that the College building on Almond road was regent,must be some other college! But if the purchase goes through we have an exciting opportunity to build something really special. The Idea of getting a Hotel Chain to invest is good as there is still a gap in the provision of Quality Hotel accommodation in Leicester city centre.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

So can I park there tomorrow or not? I could park way over the other side of Vicky park but would prefer not to have to walk that far.
ginge

Post by ginge »

Hi I have just spoken to the Regents college and they stated that they wouldn't be providing Match day parking for the foreseeable future. I asked what the reason was and was told they had no one to do it.?

I did ask that they communicate with the Tigers when they intend to start providing the facility again so we can all be advised.

Must be a big revenue loss for the college?
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

Crikey- I always thought it was a money making machine for very little effort. Tempted to do it myself!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Lammy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:37 am Crikey- I always thought it was a money making machine for very little effort. Tempted to do it myself!
Agreed must have been 300 cars in there on a busy match day at £5 a pop
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I'll do it for 10% of the take and a free parking space.
A real shame. It was so convenient.