Mr Maxwell-keyes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LittleBigG

Re: Mr Maxwell-keyes

Post by LittleBigG »

I am torn. In the first half when we were massively on top then yes we should have been going for the tries (despite our shoddy lineout...)

That being said, however, I believe that the number of kicked penalties does influence the referee in terms of yellow cards (or lack of...); if you have kicked 15 points from penalties the number of offenses is more "visible"
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Its about time some people stopped attempting to blame the referee, or the officials, for poor performances.

Both teams have the same referee.

Tigers had Glaws on toast for 25 minutes but failed to capitalise.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Roly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 am Its about time some people stopped attempting to blame the referee, or the officials, for poor performances.

I'm not in any way trying to blame the ref for our performance. My point is and that of other posters that he is not up to reffing at this level, and his rapport with the players is non existent.

I know Nigel Owens isn't everyone's favourite but I just wish these younger refs would look at his communication skills and try and replicate them
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:06 am
Roly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 am Its about time some people stopped attempting to blame the referee, or the officials, for poor performances.

I'm not in any way trying to blame the ref for our performance. My point is and that of other posters that he is not up to reffing at this level, and his rapport with the players is non existent.

I know Nigel Owens isn't everyone's favourite but I just wish these younger refs would look at his communication skills and try and replicate them
Owens was inexperienced once and no doubt has developed his rapport and communication skills over time. Maxwell-Keyes is young and inexperienced - he has to referee within the AP to develop the skills necessary to elevate him to Owen's level.

I personally don't think he's a bad referee at all. Whether he had a bad day or not is subjective, but since he isn't an automaton, he's entitled to make human error.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.