Saints Away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saints Away

Post by chewbacca »

So we loose a player to injury. Tigers need to stop looking for a messiah and build a team.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

brooksey845 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:00 am Watching the game from the weekend disappointed. For me Thacker has to start look at brits he has limiting factors in what he can do but Saracens allow him to play his game, Genge awesome, rest of the pack need a reality check need to start working harder, Mike Williams makes a difference but is just prone to not thinking by either not focusing on making a catch or no arm tackles, When is Thompstone fit feel we could do with his grunt in the back? Youngs and Ford are always going to struggle behind a pack that are going backwards and our new backline are never going to look as good without Manu in it far to predictable.
Tuilagi? The most predictable centre in the AP?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Heard a lot of people criticise Toomua. Maybe he would be more effective with better ball and not being knackered from having to clear out at rucks constantly due to our powder-puff 4-8!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tiger93 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 am Heard a lot of people criticise Toomua. Maybe he would be more effective with better ball and not being knackered from having to clear out at rucks constantly due to our powder-puff 4-8!
Bang on observation, our forwards cannot or will not keep up with or cleae rucks. It's also what Man spent his precious time doing !
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

It all gets rushed and frantic. We constantly look fragile at every ruck. Youngs doesn't become a bad 9 overnight. We are taking an extra few seconds to secure the ball which means the opposition have time to set their defence. Ford/Toomua then get less time to create something resulting in turnover ball or a breakdown in our attack.
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

chewbacca wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 am So we loose a player to injury. Tigers need to stop looking for a messiah and build a team.
Indeed, but they do need to find a player that can perform the same role for the game plan to work. It is disruptive to lose such an influential player. But they coped last season and doubtless will again.

It is disappointing that Tigers didn't turn up for a derby game, but we only two games in. We had a pretty disrupted last season and still got within a score of the final. If we get to the Irish game without a win, then is the time for wailing and a rending of newly bought shirts :smt002
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Roly wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:06 am
brooksey845 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:00 am Watching the game from the weekend disappointed. For me Thacker has to start look at brits he has limiting factors in what he can do but Saracens allow him to play his game, Genge awesome, rest of the pack need a reality check need to start working harder, Mike Williams makes a difference but is just prone to not thinking by either not focusing on making a catch or no arm tackles, When is Thompstone fit feel we could do with his grunt in the back? Youngs and Ford are always going to struggle behind a pack that are going backwards and our new backline are never going to look as good without Manu in it far to predictable.
Predictable yes but tough to put down and draws people to him due to his power which opens space for others
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

brooksey845 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:01 pm
Roly wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:06 am
Predictable yes but tough to put down and draws people to him due to his power which opens space for others
Yes, but he only plays twice a year, so he's not really that much of a threat is he....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I have had time to gather my thoughts from the weekend and one thing is now clear...where on earth do we spend all our money??? We have average players in so many positions...

Quality- Veainu, Ford, May, Toomua, Ben Youngs, Genge, Cole, Manu*

Our second row and back row are well below any club at our supposed level in the AP...I would say we are below standard at 2,4,5,6,7,8 and then we have no depth at all at 12, 13, 15 or even really 10

The whole team is a shambles and the pack is fast becoming the joke of the premiership

What on earth happened to Leicester Tigers... :smt009 :smt010 :smt011

*we know what this star is for
cowmadiddy

Post by cowmadiddy »

By a long way I'm not saying our forwards did a good enough job, but the backs did get ball and squandered it.
Youngs kicking was the worst I've seen for a long time, Ford kept failing to kick through grubber kicks, all the backs seem a bit lightweight - which is fine if they use speed of hands, feet and brains to compensate, but they didn't - OK, May scored his try, but it says a lot when he has to run the whole pitch sideways to find some space (there wasn't any). Malouf needs more game time in the A's, way too early to have him in the first team and even Veianu was loose under the high ball and saints seemed to be all over him giving him no space.

I hope it's a new team gelling together but it's only really Malouf and Toomua that haven't played with the others.