Tom Youngs yesterday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Tom Youngs yesterday

Post by Mark62 »

Worried about the guy. Performance down and then yesterday he appeared to go off without any injury and didn't re appear even on the bench.
I hope there wasn't some sudden bad news
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tom Youngs yesterday

Post by Stephen18 »

He was on the bench at the end of the game I believe he fail a hia.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Oh right couldn't see him on the telly, thanks for that.

Still concerned over his form hope Mcguigan is fit soon
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:59 am Oh right couldn't see him on the telly, thanks for that.

Still concerned over his form hope Mcguigan is fit soon
I struggle to see him ever recapture the form he had especially now age and personal life going against him, I can see why tigers are sticking by him, but it is now time to bring through other players I personally believe that is mcguigan as 1st choice then Thacker of the bench covering 2 and 7.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Or as some have said move Bateman back to 2 although after yesterday's brain fart I would be concerned
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I feel for Youngs, but I just don't think he offers much any more. When he broke into the team with those powerful barrelling runs he was awesome, and you could forgive his lineout flaws. Sadly, he doesn't cut it any more.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Shame he looked sharp in preseason but I think something has happened at home. The club should give him their full-support but maybe it's time for Thacker and McGuigan to step up, we know of Thacker's ability and also McGuigan's ability to make some sharp lines.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:53 pm Shame he looked sharp in preseason but I think something has happened at home. The club should give him their full-support but maybe it's time for Thacker and McGuigan to step up, we know of Thacker's ability and also McGuigan's ability to make some sharp lines.
Please could we stick to discussing Tom Youngs as a rugby player and his ability rather than what is happening in his personal life. A statement was released by the family when Ben withdrew from the Lions and requested privacy in the difficult times. Please could we continue to respect this request. I am sure that the Club will be providing the necessary support to both of the Youngs.

Thanks

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:53 pm Shame he looked sharp in preseason but I think something has happened at home. The club should give him their full-support but maybe it's time for Thacker and McGuigan to step up, we know of Thacker's ability and also McGuigan's ability to make some sharp lines.
Please could we stick to discussing Tom Youngs as a rugby player and his ability rather than what is happening in his personal life. A statement was released by the family when Ben withdrew from the Lions and requested privacy in the difficult times. Please could we continue to respect this request. I am sure that the Club will be providing the necessary support to both of the Youngs.

Thanks

Agreed
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Thanks

Agreed
Thirded
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wouldn't want to pry into any private affairs but surely the 2 things are related, but agree private life should stay just that
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Why do we refuse to play the big hooker when others do and effectively nullify our international props?
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I was at FG yesterday and although I haven't had the inclination to re-watch the game on the tellybox, I thought OTY put a serious shift in and he made some significant tackles in the first quarter.
For me, he is our first choice 2 and we stick by him.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Where i see a stat (if true) that the front 5 bar Genge carried for 6 metres then all four have to be dropped,no IFS or BUTs that's a disgrace! Couple that with the worse AP lineout bar Sale and you will never win games,Blaze gone yet?!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Here is a very moving story in the Daily Telegraph on Tom and Tiffany's ongoing battles.
Even more of a reason to give Tom and his family our full support and great cheers from the stands.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... tion-wife/ :smt023