Manu sent home

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Manu sent home

Post by Stephen18 »

sapajo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:02 pm [quote=BFG post_id=671756 time=<a href="tel:1502119247">1502119247</a> user_id=11462]
[quote=Pellsey post_id=671751 time=<a href="tel:1502117050">1502117050</a> user_id=2355]
[quote=sapajo post_id=671750 time=<a href="tel:1502116834">1502116834</a> user_id=9379]
Eddie Jones is a complete hypocrite, he turns a blind eye to someone who has been banned many times for an accumulation of some 13 months due to offences committed on the pitch and sends someone home for drinking once whilst off the pitch due to so called " cultural issues" .
Could not agree more.
[/quote]
Selective opinions, IMO!
You are missing the point here, if lads can't follow orders then trust will not exist!
Rugger players are often asked to go out onto the pitch and make the opposition uncomfortable, if they do naughty things to achieve this then gaffers rarely care how players do it as long as it works, and if a line is crossed then don't get caught, that's rugby!
There is little harm in going for a beer or two, unless you are asked not to in which case if you still choose to do so then it shows a lack of respect to those asking it.
Not following instructions is as much a cultural issue as anything else.
The fact it was alcohol related is immaterial, it could've just as easily been playing with their Barbie dolls when told not to do so, the fact is TWO players failed to do as requested so it's bye bye!
[/quote]

So if players failed to do as requested so it's bye bye so please explain how come Hartley is anywhere near the England squad then? As I say it's utter rank hypocracy from Jones.
[/quote]

To be fair as much as everybody hates Hartley and he's on borrowed time with England, to my knowledge he's done nothing to break ej rules or anyone's since being made captain, to be far he's done nothing playing wise either but it looks like ej gave everyone a clean slate and manu after 1 training camp failed that, but I'm sure if he plays as he can in the league he's get more chances with England as there isn't anybody else who can do what he does.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Unbelievably short memory on this forum. Hartley has let Jones down he was banned for six weeks whilst England Captain for striking Sean O'Brien and lucky for him that ban ended just before the start of last season's six nations. Jones should not have stood for that but he did, in my book he is a hypocrite .
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Rules are rules and must be adhered to to ensure Eddie Jones' close team etho,s and if Tuilagi and Solomona decide to go against these rules then they must suffer the consequences. Fools that they are.
Semper in excretia
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

sapajo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:37 pm Unbelievably short memory on this forum. Hartley has let Jones down he was banned for six weeks whilst England Captain for striking Sean O'Brien and lucky for him that ban ended just before the start of last season's six nations. Jones should not have stood for that but he did, in my book he is a hypocrite .
Fair enough, but then nobodies said hes never going to get picked again just sent home early by hours, ej will pick the best players to win the World Cup.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:41 pm Rules are rules and must be adhered to to ensure Eddie Jones' close team etho,s and if Tuilagi and Solomona decide to go against these rules then they must suffer the consequences. Fools that they are.
So what consequences did Hartley fool that he is suffer for getting banned whilst England Captain and having had numerous prior warnings for his on pitch behaviour?

The answer is none! So that is precisely why Jones in a hypocrite when it comes to team culture and discipline.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sapajo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:37 pm Unbelievably short memory on this forum. Hartley has let Jones down he was banned for six weeks whilst England Captain for striking Sean O'Brien and lucky for him that ban ended just before the start of last season's six nations. Jones should not have stood for that but he did, in my book he is a hypocrite .
Maybe he was asked to, do you know, I don't!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Imho the issue is not EJ or the 'culture' or Dullen's past, present or future behaviour or the levels of hypocrisy or Denny or anything except - for us at Tigers - Manu.

Again, for me............Manu - that was dumb!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I'm sure he could have refrained from drinking alcohol while he was at the training camp; he has more to prove than anyone after all. To do that is pretty dense. Manu is a great player (when fit) but is a bit of a knucklehead really isn't he?
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BFG wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:00 pm
Asked to do what ?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:01 pm Imho the issue is not EJ or the 'culture' or Dullen's past, present or future behaviour or the levels of hypocrisy or Denny or anything except - for us at Tigers - Manu.

Again, for me............Manu - that was dumb!

If Manu was dumb and it results in him playing more matches for Tigers then so be it. I pay my season tickets to watch him in Tigers colours not England's.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sapajo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:04 pm
BFG wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:00 pm
Asked to do what ?
Rough him up, or words to that effect.
If I had one pound for every time I heard a coach ask this!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

sapajo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:51 pm
Robespierre wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:41 pm Rules are rules and must be adhered to to ensure Eddie Jones' close team etho,s and if Tuilagi and Solomona decide to go against these rules then they must suffer the consequences. Fools that they are.
So what consequences did Hartley fool that he is suffer for getting banned whilst England Captain and having had numerous prior warnings for his on pitch behaviour?

The answer is none! So that is precisely why Jones in a hypocrite when it comes to team culture and discipline.
What Tuilagi and Solomana appear to have done is to contravene "off the pitch" rules, which understandably may have become more severe as the next World Cup gets closer and closer.

If a player is "over-enthususiastic" in the tackle, for example Hartley and more recently, SB Williams, then he too suffers the consequences and gets a ban from playing.

Call Eddie Jones a hypocrite if you wish, but you can't deny the fact that the England XV are benefiting from his presence.
Semper in excretia
andysaint

Post by andysaint »

Dylan has let Northampton down plenty of times but his discipline and performances seem to be far more controlled for England. The majority of indiscretions have come in Saints colours and he has led England to victory in all EJ games bar one. As a Saints fan he is lucky to have been given so many chances to redeem himself but as an England fan I can have few complaints.

I think it is a good time to be a part of the England squad. Times are certainly on the up and I think England stand a good chance of competing for the WC in two years time. Manu will get another chance and England need a fit Manu but for a first day back at school it's just stupid but not an international career defining moment.

Regardless of the club vs country argument, EJ is clearly very good for England and those wanting to progress internationally need to keep on his right side even if they are not a fan of the rules.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Before this thread gets any worse is it at all possible that some on here could wait until the club has spoken to Manu on his return & they make a judgement on the issue, Rather than some on here vilifying the man when we know nothing.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Tell you what I'll take 400k pa to go out drinking but then I don't pretend I'm a professional international Rugby player. TBH I can't see him being worth his money for Tigers or England anytime soon. Yes Dullan may be even duller than Manu but that doesn't make it right.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.