Manu sent home

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Manu sent home

Post by strawclearer »

Reports that Denny Solomona and Manu Tuilagi both sent home from England training camp for "team culture issues" - whatever that means.

(Wonder who won the punch-up? Was that Cashton I heard giggling?)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BIttySmalls

Re: Manu sent home

Post by BIttySmalls »

'Team culture issues' apparently.

Manu has obviously cleared him up.

Prefer to have him here anyway.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

BIttySmalls wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:05 pm 'Team culture issues' apparently.

Manu has obviously cleared him up.

Prefer to have him here anyway.
Although disappointing for Manu, I am personally glad he is playing for the Tigers, not England. When reading the article, I had thought that England had wrecked him again (injured). I would love a season of Manu fit with Tigers without any England interruptions. (I am not an England fan!)
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

BIttySmalls wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:05 pm Manu has obviously cleared him up.
He's pumped full of testosterones, he's had no 'outlet' for his natural aggression for months and he's keen to impress the coaches with his readiness for the fray in a highly competitive environment in an increasingly brutal contact sport.

So - that wasn't predictable then?!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Either a punch up or night out.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

If it was just a scrap between the two of them there is no real long term damage done. If more than that, it does not reflect well on Manu yet again.

Some players thrive in Eddie's strict elite environment, others don't and he does not forgive/forget easily. Mike Williams has been dropped from the squad, I'm not saying he did anything wrong, but he obviously didn't impress. Shame because he has so much potential.

I really hope this is something about nothing, apparently the RFU are making no further statement but it's bound to get out....
Soggypitch
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Allegedly alcohol related with the two going out for a drink in contravention of the training camp rules. Strict but rules are rules.
As Good As It Gets
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

BBC now saying 'thought to be alcohol related'. If so, and only that, survivable surely? Rugby player has a drink too many isn't much of a headline is it? Unless there are other things....
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Personally I think going out on the hose whilst at a 3 day England training camp (if that proves to be the case) is much worse than a punch up on the training pitch. Frankly given Manu's track record it would be inexcusable. I will reserve judgement until the details are confirmed, but it doesn't look good.
Soggypitch
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:01 pm Personally I think going out on the hose whilst at a 3 day England training camp (if that proves to be the case) is much worse than a punch up on the training pitch. Frankly given Manu's track record it would be inexcusable. I will reserve judgement until the details are confirmed, but it doesn't look good.
Agree with the above. He has a lot to prove on and off the pitch. If the above is true it doesn't seem he has matured much in his lay off period. I fear he may have been left behind technically and behaviourally
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Sorry for Manu,
Pleased for TIGERS. Whatever the situation I feel England's loss is our gain.
For the games sake I feel he should have at least proved his fitness in the" heat of battle" before being called up for EJ.squ :smt023 ad.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

If it's alcohol related, then it's disgraceful, in my opinion. Professional sportsman, given an opportunity to train with the elite, and this is how he shows how grateful he is? :smt013
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Yorkshire man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkshire man »

If the BBC are right and he has gone out on the lash when he is only there for a few nights anyway then he wants his derriere kicking all the way back to Leicester. What is wrong with him. He is not a kid anymore. People in and around Tigers have put mountains of effort into him getting him back to fitness to such an extent that England are looking at him again. Jones was quoted as saying the other day that if he is fit he will play. Not anymore I don't think. I absolutely despair, all that talent and so little common sense. I have always defended him no matter what he has done, and that was difficult with the incident with the two female police officers, but this time he is flying solo. I cannot excuse this stupidity.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Phil B wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:57 pm If it's alcohol related, then it's disgraceful, in my opinion. Professional sportsman, given an opportunity to train with the elite, and this is how he shows how grateful he is? :smt013
Absolutely disgraceful - a rugby player drinking beer. Whatever next, a cricketer drinking cider? The shame of it. :smt046