Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Post by westwinds31 »

Massive, massive signing if true. I'm a regular Super 15 viewer and he's been electric last and this season for the Chiefs. Strong runner, punches above his weight, quick feet, defensively sound but more importantly, has that X Factor where he can create something out of nothing. Reliable kicker too.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

If we have signed DMAC I'd be interested to see how he fits into the squad, obviously he'll be 1st choice fullback but will he also be 1st choice kicker and 2nd choice 10 ahead of Toomua or J.Ford, didn't DMAC also play Scrum-Half at some point or was that just talked about as an option in NZ?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Fingers crossed that this is just not another over hyped non signing, if true it will be interesting to see when he joins us and if his brother is coming with him? I suspect it will be next season and I wonder if Toomua will be off to make way ?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

sapajo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:52 am Fingers crossed that this is just not another over hyped non signing, if true it will be interesting to see when he joins us and if his brother is coming with him? I suspect it will be next season and I wonder if Toomua will be off to make way ?
Why would Toomua need to make way? They play different positions.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sapajo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:52 am Fingers crossed that this is just not another over hyped non signing, if true it will be interesting to see when he joins us and if his brother is coming with him? I suspect it will be next season and I wonder if Toomua will be off to make way ?
I do wonder about the over-hyping..........and anyway, not liable to turn up till next season.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Iain wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 am
Who knows why, it wouldn't make sense.
Last edited by RagingBull on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:53 pm
Who knows why it wouldn't make sense.
I know why because otherwise this signing would be far too positive so we must find a negative from the situation
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

It makes possible sense because he will need to be paid which would require available cash within the salary cap and also Toomua may decide to return to Australia after two seasons.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Could it be that the Tigers board who have been under pressure have started to adopt an if you can't beat them join them approach to signings and are starting to splash the cash...exciting times either way and if DMac comes I will be very very happy indeed :smt023
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

WOW, from those clips DMAC looks brilliant, superb running and offloading. I have been told we are signing 2 SH players and if these clips show his full potential then Wow. We have seen clips before, generally they don't show any failings so I hope this guy really is this good!
Regarding his offloading though, will our weather be as kind as those pics where every player around him seemed to take some great passes, always ready to receive the pass, will our players be as competent, really hope so! :smt038
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

sapajo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:00 pm
It makes possible sense because he will need to be paid which would require available cash within the salary cap and also Toomua may decide to return to Australia after two seasons.
He has a three year contract. There is literally no suggestion he might be off. Until you suggested it. Just then.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

LE18 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 pm WOW, from those clips DMAC looks brilliant, superb running and offloading. I have been told we are signing 2 SH players and if these clips show his full potential then Wow. We have seen clips before, generally they don't show any failings so I hope this guy really is this good!
Regarding his offloading though, will our weather be as kind as those pics where every player around him seemed to take some great passes, always ready to receive the pass, will our players be as competent, really hope so! :smt038
Newsflash!!

It rains in New Zealand. He'll cope :smt023

Man alive, this signing had better come off. There's a danger of me being excited.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:21 pm Could it be that the Tigers board who have been under pressure have started to adopt an if you can't beat them join them approach to signings and are starting to splash the cash...exciting times either way and if DMac comes I will be very very happy indeed :smt023

Don't think so, just that MOC knows what he wants I guess.

The board signed the majority of players that both Cockers and Mauger wanted.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I would jump at the chance of both of the Mackenzie brothers joining as well as Botha. Don't know enough about the American prop but it would seem to be a good fit if all 4 came - would imagine that would be the end of the signings if all 4 came.
Hehehehehehehehe
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Clearly an impressive player and young to boot. Bring it on :smt026
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!