Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers 2017/18 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread!

Post by RagingBull »

Scott11 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:06 pm Is it true we've got the S and C coach back who presided over the worst run of injuries in AP history?! Great!
You got stats to back up that claim? (I mean maybe in Tigers prem history in but the whole of the prem)
Also do you have stats to say which injury was at the results of a poor S&C team?

I mean Alex Martin was part of the S&C at Tigers for some time before to that season without issue.
jamie1880

Post by jamie1880 »

MoC made a point that he doesn't like to announce signings until they're done with their current club commitments. I expect once super rugby is over a few will be announced - I see a winger / fullback as a priority depending on where you play Veainu
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

Veainu needs to be playing at FB, no doubt about that.

He just doesn't get the time on the ball or space on the wing to work his magic.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Seal wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:29 pm Veainu needs to be playing at FB, no doubt about that.

He just doesn't get the time on the ball or space on the wing to work his magic.
Agreed. Based on his time at the club so far, he has always been more dangerous at full back. However, with Toomua and Tuilagi inside him, he can be just as dangerous on the wing!

My mouth is watering at thought of our backline!
BromsgroveTiger

Post by BromsgroveTiger »

Alex's return will, I'm sure, be a major bonus for next season. He was in charge for the Premiership successes in 2009,10 and 13 and is highly respected.

There are many factors that impact on the management of injuries that are outside the control of S and C.

Let's welcome him back and allow the results next season speak for him.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

By the sounds of it we've been looking at fullbacks because MOC considers TV a winger. I think with the right players inside him he can be just as good on the wing.
Judging by comments on Twitter and Facebook from people who are usually in the know we've got at least 2/3 signings lined up, lets just hope they are as good as some of the rumours!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TheRock wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 am By the sounds of it we've been looking at fullbacks because MOC considers TV a winger. I think with the right players inside him he can be just as good on the wing.
Judging by comments on Twitter and Facebook from people who are usually in the know we've got at least 2/3 signings lined up, lets just hope they are as good as some of the rumours!
IMO he is best at FB, He has the vision to see the whole space at FB, while on a wing this maybe a bit restricted? Mind you Shane Williams was pretty devastating on the wing tho' his size helped a lot.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TheRock wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 am By the sounds of it we've been looking at fullbacks because MOC considers TV a winger. I think with the right players inside him he can be just as good on the wing.
From what i hear I am expecting at least 2 new signings maybe up to 4.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:14 pm
Do you have any idea when / if these will be announced?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

For those of you who aren't on Facebook this was posted by somebody in the know on one of the Tigers groups in regards to when we can expect the mystery new signings

"these things tend to be timed at the players agents request so as not to interfere with current obligations, but we are talking 2 game changing back 3 players and the beast ball carrying 8 we have been after since Waldron left."
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm For those of you who aren't on Facebook this was posted by somebody in the know on one of the Tigers groups in regards to when we can expect the mystery new signings

"these things tend to be timed at the players agents request so as not to interfere with current obligations, but we are talking 2 game changing back 3 players and the beast ball carrying 8 we have been after since Waldron left."
Recruiting in the back 3 is all very well and I am sure others know better, but to me we're looking a little light on props. We've been looking for support at 8 for a while, and with others such as our neighbours to the south also shopping for similar, I'd be surprised.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Props look fine to me IMO.
A fit Logo would be like a new signing anyway.

Cohen said something about signing a prop to cover Coles rest period i think.
Chobbsy wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:57 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:14 pm
Do you have any idea when / if these will be announced?
who knows.
Last edited by RagingBull on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Haven't seen much written about Amenaki Mafi of late. Whenever he plays, he looks awesome in a very poor Rebels side.

If it's ball carrying we want, he's got it in spades.

Given that the Rebels are possibly being wound up, it wouldn't surprise me to see him on the way.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

iceman_19 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:39 pm Haven't seen much written about Amenaki Mafi of late. Whenever he plays, he looks awesome in a very poor Rebels side.

If it's ball carrying we want, he's got it in spades.

Given that the Rebels are possibly being wound up, it wouldn't surprise me to see him on the way.
Doubt the rebels will be cut.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm For those of you who aren't on Facebook this was posted by somebody in the know on one of the Tigers groups in regards to when we can expect the mystery new signings

It's just that type of hyperbole that will lead to disappointment!
:smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man