New Forum!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: New Forum!

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rich, click on your username in the top right and you should see the options: User Control Panel, Profile, Logout.

Click on User Control Panel and then click on the board preferences tab.

You should see an option to edit Notification settings. In this area you will be able to set up notifications.

Hope this works for you. Have just gone through the screens at my end
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I'm disappointed, but not surprised that my previous post has attracted the intemperate troll brigade (Iain).

Why "pipe down"?

I write from the position of having been a selector and judge for the country's largest book design competition, and having led multi award winning organisations in the graphics industry.

I believe I have a valid viewpoint, as do all posters.
Valhalla I am coming!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'm disagreeing with your overly dramatic opinion. Trolling is something different.

You've worked on books. Great. That is of little relevance to forum software design.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:52 am I'm disagreeing with your overly dramatic opinion. Trolling is something different.

You've worked on books. Great. That is of little relevance to forum software design.
Iain, you really don't like people criticising the new look do you? You had a go at me for making critical comments, now fleabane. Telling someone to "pipe down" is not disagreeing, it is bullying. As is "your overly dramatic opinion" and the whole of your last paragraph above. This is most unlike you (except when dealing with certain highly negative posters). You almost seem to be taking it personally.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The club has invested a lot of time and effort to implement new software to keep this free service going. Aside from a few tweaks, like moving the icons to the left, having a direct link back to the main site and making the divide from one post to the next clearer, they have done a good job.

It has kept a free service going that people wanted.

It works on mobile devices FAR better - like people wanted.

It has added notifications for when people are quoted - which is good.

The design is more modern and looks less cluttered - which is good.

The over the top sniping at the club for the efforts put in to this is bordering on the downright disrespectful, particular since they've been back in here to answer questions from people.

The criticism on design - this is a standard software package used by millions of forums all over the world. All the club can do is customise it.

Really, some of you do need to stop appearing so entitled and be grateful for the effort put in to maintain and improve your free service that the club gains nothing from.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:00 pm Rich, click on your username in the top right and you should see the options: User Control Panel, Profile, Logout.

Click on User Control Panel and then click on the board preferences tab.

You should see an option to edit Notification settings. In this area you will be able to set up notifications.

Hope this works for you. Have just gone through the screens at my end
thanks TB much appreciated.
cheers
Rich
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:08 am The club has invested a lot of time and effort to implement new software to keep this free service going. Aside from a few tweaks, like moving the icons to the left, having a direct link back to the main site and making the divide from one post to the next clearer, they have done a good job.

The over the top sniping at the club for the efforts put in to this is bordering on the downright disrespectful, particular since they've been back in here to answer questions from people.

The criticism on design - this is a standard software package used by millions of forums all over the world. All the club can do is customise it.

Really, some of you do need to stop appearing so entitled and be grateful for the effort put in to maintain and improve your free service that the club gains nothing from.
So just because it is free, we aren't allowed to make negative comments? Get off your high horse Iain. We, the users were asked to give feedback. We have given feedback. Mine has included positive, neutral and negative.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

As has mine. Constructively.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 am As has mine. Constructively.
Ditto. And without telling people to pipe down.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The person to whom I told to pipe down wrote an ill-informed, hostile and entitled post that was completely unwarranted. I am of the opinion that he needed to pipe down.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:59 am The person to whom I told to pipe down wrote an ill-informed, hostile and entitled post that was completely unwarranted. I am of the opinion that he needed to pipe down.
That's the nub of my beef with you in this topic Iain. As it is your opinion, maybe it would have been better expressed as such, rather than as a blunt command.
Tigers Tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigers Tiger »

Is there any reason that there is no way to click throughto the homepage, or other areas of the Main Website, from the Forum ?
This was very easy in the previous version.
Tigers Tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigers Tiger »

Ian's issues that he lists below, are exactly the issues that I also think really need to be addressed, and shouldn't be that difficult to do ?
Iain wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:08 am The club has invested a lot of time and effort to implement new software to keep this free service going. Aside from a few tweaks, like moving the icons to the left, having a direct link back to the main site and making the divide from one post to the next clearer, they have done a good job.

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

So do I take it we can't get names and posts etc moved back to the left?

It doesn't work on the right I understand your logic but it looks awful and doesn't read as well :smt009

Other than that I think it is great :smt023
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

So Iain thinks I wrote an "uninformed" critique of the new forum, which is so good because everyone else uses it! I don't suppose he read my subsequent post describing my experience in the graphics industry?

Ah well . . . . I'll survive.
Valhalla I am coming!