Telusa Veainu!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Telusa Veainu!!

Post by ellis9 »

I don't want to stir up anything but there are a few people on twitter asking Veainu if he is staying and messaging him asking him to stay.

I hope these are just people asking him due to the amount of departures already or have they heard something?!

Please, please, please, please do not release Veainu from his contract Tigers. MOC will have a lot of questions to answer if he lets him go!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Telusa Veainu!!

Post by RagingBull »

Who is saying Veainu will be released?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

No one has confirmed it but people are asking him to stay.

As I said, hopefully they are just asking due to the amount of departures already.

However, he has liked some tweets that makes it look like he isn't too happy with players leaving and also liked a tweet that says:
"The other way to look at is if you are @tveainu and you see good players leave and not as good come in, maybe you would want to leave!!!"

He has also like this tweet-
"Was anyone told about @LockyMcCaffrey going before renewing season tickets?? @tveainu will be next!"

Like I say, hopefully I'm putting two and two together and getting five!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Move along. Nothing to see here. Just a throw away comment on Twitter from "The Ultras"

"Was anyone told about @LockyMcCaffrey going before renewing season tickets?? @tveainu will be next!"

Yawn
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It's not so much the comments, it's the fact they have been liked by Veianu!!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I have it on good authority that this is fake news to quote a modern idiom Telousa's contract lasts until the end of the 17/18 season and he is very happy at Leicester and has no intentions to move.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

McCafferys contract ran out at the end of next season. Pietersens and Bethams contracts had at least a season left on them. They are no longer at the club.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Some rather innapropriate and irresponsible comments made on twitter regarding Telusa. I hope and trust he knows how highly us fans regard him and despite recent events he knows Tigers is where his bread is best buttered.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

So pleased again that I don't do social media and get involved in this tripe.
Soggypitch
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Telusa shared a house with Locky, featured on a BT Sport programme on the Tigers. Having a mate removed from the club, even if they get a good job back home which is a step up due to his performances at Tigers, is disruptive. Business can be looked at as a financial transaction and a Head Coach needs to decide who he wants on his team, and within a salary cap / budget this will mean there is fall out regarding who they do not want. But people are social and continuity in both team structure and social environment builds team cohesion. Cohesion is the main lack in Tigers over the last year. Locky has been interviewed on the Rugby Dungeon in the past and said he would like to return home and play there at some stage in his career. This has become possible earlier than he and other players were anticipating. He may be up on the deal financially but his mates may still be upset / annoyed. If change is going to happen in the team it needs to be carefully managed with the leaving player AND the remaining players and got on with so the team can get some cohesion before next season starts. Rumours do not help but shows of caring and support from fans may tip the balance if a player is feeling disgruntled.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:33 am Some rather innapropriate and irresponsible comments made on twitter regarding Telusa. I hope and trust he knows how highly us fans regard him and despite recent events he knows Tigers is where his bread is best buttered.
What inappropriate commrnts have been made? Every comment was asking him to stay! How is that inappropriate?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

L Smith wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:50 pm Move along. Nothing to see here. Just a throw away comment on Twitter from "The Ultras"

Yawn
Oh the Ultras.

I cringe every time I think of the concept of 'Ultras' for a rugby club. And referring to that knuckle dragger bside as their 'supreme leader' makes me want to vomit up my own pelvis.

Yeah, they love a bit of stirring.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

As for Telusa, if he is unsettled by this you'd understand it.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 am
sapajo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:33 am Some rather innapropriate and irresponsible comments made on twitter regarding Telusa. I hope and trust he knows how highly us fans regard him and despite recent events he knows Tigers is where his bread is best buttered.
What inappropriate commrnts have been made? Every comment was asking him to stay! How is that inappropriate?
Before you make such sweeping absolute claims , best be sure of your facts, so try this one for size

Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

God reading those twitter posts it's like back to back cringe. ergh.

(Now i know how you lot feel reading my posts......)

It's just the typical snowball effect that you get on twitter.