New Forum!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: New Forum!

Post by strawclearer »

TigersAdminPudz wrote:Just so that everyone is aware....we have had some geeky issues with the TTL on our DNS, so we're delaying the changeover of the forum until next week while our boffins in white coats line up their 1's and 0's!
:smt024
TTL? DNS? So many TLA's! :smt024
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TigersAdminPudz

Post by TigersAdminPudz »

Nope...you've lost us! TLA?? We'll investigate what it means ASAP..hang on that's an FLA.

AVATARS - We have set up the functionality to add your own avatars on the new site. You will be able to do this from the "edit profile" section.

The messageboard system won't resize the avatar for you, so you will have to resize it to 200 x 200px or smaller. We are investigating a crop and resize function.

Please take a look and see if this is too clunky.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TLA = Three Letter Abbreviation...sorry about that! :smt003
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Like/don't like buttons FGS, please enter the C21.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Like/don't like buttons sure would be fun :smt003
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Nice clean layout, bit sanitised; now all we have to do is de-brain cell the antagonistic posters!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Looks smart!

Personally I agree with the sentiment that avatars would be best on the left, but this is a step forward.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

The hide on site status doesn't seem to be working!!!
I've looked in user control panel it's set to hide but isn't working!
So is it that I see my name but others don't??
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Worth mentioning that as it stands there is no link back to the main club website. I assume in time that the logo in the banner will hyperlink to the club homepage? Or that the website banner will reappear at the top when the full site goes live?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Sorry but I don't like new site, ok I don't like change but old site was so much easier to read and differentiate one posting from another, maybe I will get used to it but it all seems to be too close, almost on top of each other. :smt012
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

I'm with LE18 on this - I use a number of different forums and the problem here is the lack of colour.

It's very hard to tell where one post finishes and another starts - the grey shading and constant colour text isn't really helping.

The avatars on the right doesn't help either because you're reading from the left to see where post changes. Some changes in text colour would help - perhaps on the post time and poster?

It's just a sea of blandness at the minute - black, white and grey (is that the new kit colours?)
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

A definite negative is at the bottom of each page of posts. It used to be simple to see if there were any more pages of posts. Unread page numbers in red AND the page numbers WERE ON THE LEFT WHERE YOUR EYES NATURALLY GO WHEN YOU FINISH READING A LINE. Having the page numbers, as with the "avatars" etc on the right is unnatural and makes the forum more difficult to use. Ditto the smilies. However, the place where you "click" to return to the forum index is still on the left, so when you get to the end of a page of comments, you have to look at the right of the page and if there aren't, you then have to go to the left to get back to the index. You couldn't make this up :smt011

As it stands, I have to say that the new forum is definitely user-unfriendly.
Last edited by Cagey Tiger on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Sorry to be so negative, but another gripe. When you display a topic that you have visited before and choose to display the first new comment, the old forum always displayed that comment at the top of the page, even if it was the last comment on the topic. Now, the position of the first new comment depends on whether there are comments following it. If not, it is the bottom comment, otherwise it can be anywhere. This means that you have to try and remember where you were in the topic and what comments you had read.

Is it just me or has just about every change that has been made had a negative impact on usability? :smt017
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

The new forum is much much better to read on a mobile device (finally!)
TigersAdminPudz

Post by TigersAdminPudz »

Hi Cagey Tiger....it is definitely just you.
Meanwhile....Tigers Admin ducks for cover
We agree with some of the colour scheme, particularly around differentiating between posts, so we'll look at some restyling once we've gone live with the new website next Tuesday.

Keep any feedback coming...we may not be able to sort everything, but we feel we've got a good base to work from.