New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by Hot_Charlie »

If you search "Rugby 18" on google you may just find images of the new kit.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

http://www.menstuff.co.za/games/rugby-1 ... -released/

Click on the link and scroll down a bit. Looks like our new kit has been leaked on here!

Looks good.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Great spot guys and yes it looks alright...the only thing I would say is I think it says Kooga but apparently Kukri is our kit maker next season?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Great spot guys and yes it looks alright...the only thing I would say is I think it says Kooga but apparently Kukri is our kit maker next season?
Indeed. I suspect it's essentially a mule kit with the old logos transposed onto the new design.

I have to say, one great advantage (IMHO) of the "Canterbury era" was the early release of the next season's kit. Although I wasn't a hug fan of having the new kit worn for the play-offs, I did like the fact it was available for wearing over the summer and, in some cases if you missed the first batch, meant it wasn't all sold out for the new season with a later release date.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:Great spot guys and yes it looks alright...the only thing I would say is I think it says Kooga but apparently Kukri is our kit maker next season?
Indeed. I suspect it's essentially a mule kit with the old logos transposed onto the new design.

I have to say, one great advantage (IMHO) of the "Canterbury era" was the early release of the next season's kit. Although I wasn't a hug fan of having the new kit worn for the play-offs, I did like the fact it was available for wearing over the summer and, in some cases if you missed the first batch, meant it wasn't all sold out for the new season with a later release date.
All the Canterbury stuff and leisurewear etc was amazing just someone let them design and signed off the worst looking shirts going :smt017 ...if they had got it right like at Bath it would of been great as its such nice stuff to wear...

Alas I live in hope for the 18/19 season when apparently we are getting a decent brand representing us :smt023
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I would like Adidas really next year if they are on the table.

Just like what they have done with Quins.

I also like that Adidas don't use a set template that often bar the 3 stipes they like to use.
Last edited by RagingBull on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

ellis9 wrote:http://www.menstuff.co.za/games/rugby-1 ... -released/

Click on the link and scroll down a bit. Looks like our new kit has been leaked on here!

Looks good.
How did Dan Cole get out there so quickly to receive the ball - shouldn't he still be lying on the ground??
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

If thats it, I think I have got one that looks the same from about 10 yrs ago :smt023
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If That's the new kit I hate it already not enough hoops for me and it's just too green, Where has all the red gone?
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

most rugby games base the kit design on kits form the previous year or two however it could be next years kit but im not holding my breath.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

amazing tiger wrote:most rugby games base the kit design on kits form the previous year or two however it could be next years kit but im not holding my breath.
It isn't next year's according to several people who have seen the new kit at the supporters forum.

Most of the previous rugby games have come with "old" kits, which are often patched soon after (RWC 2011 being one) to the new kits. Obviously this time the developer gave enough assurances to be trusted. I don't think they'll be allowed to do it again. :smt018
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Noddy555 wrote:If That's the new kit I hate it already not enough hoops for me and it's just too green, Where has all the red gone?
It speaks very highly of you however...
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I'm with Noddy. If this truly is the new kit, then it is awful, and I cannot see it being a sales success to match the one on which it is loosely based.
Valhalla I am coming!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I like it. It looks smart.
PaulinBroughton
Tiger Cub

Post by PaulinBroughton »

Simple answer to some of you, if you don't like it don't buy it or wear it.