Cockerill leads Toulon to Top 14 final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cockerill leads Toulon to Top 14 final

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Tyzot wrote:Don't get the unpleasantness from some people on this forum.

We had it just before the news about Mrs TY broke, despite all the hints on the forum, with some saying they weren't bothered about anything outside of the game only his form on the pitch mattered.

Now we get the wish that one of our former loyal servants has to retire with his tail between his legs.

Maybe its just me that finds this stuff tiresome but judging by the limited numbers of active posters these days possibly not.
:smt023 +1
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Doghashaditsday No personal ill will is intended towards Cockers who I know well
but he became a victim of his own reputation, refusing to see what was going wrong
with his system and some of the personnel whom he chose to remain loyal to. Anyway
it wouldn't have mattered which French team he managed against Clermont I would still have supported les Jaunes because I have many friends in the Auvergne area who are staunch Clermont supporters. I wish him well in his new job at Edinburgh.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

As usual you both need to learn to read...Noddy doesn't say retire but
can retire with his tail between his legs to Edinburgh and Pro 12 rugby and the European Challenge cup.
Anyway I hope Cockerill wins as it would be a great achievement I just don't want to hear ellis harp on about it as he is tiresome.. :smt015
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

JackFlashJonny wrote:As usual you both need to learn to read...Noddy doesn't say retire but
can retire with his tail between his legs to Edinburgh and Pro 12 rugby and the European Challenge cup.
Anyway I hope Cockerill wins as it would be a great achievement I just don't want to hear ellis harp on about it as he is tiresome.. :smt015
Lets be honest, Cockerill could coach a Waffen SS revival tour of the Eastern Soviet Union and not only could he do no wrong, but it would be the greatest achievement since the bloke stumbled over his first trophy.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

To all retire was meant in the Latin sense, i.e. to go to bed.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

JFJ ---- As usual you both need to learn to read..

As usual?

Nice.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Noddy555 wrote:Doghashaditsday No personal ill will is intended towards Cockers who I know well
but he became a victim of his own reputation, refusing to see what was going wrong
with his system and some of the personnel whom he chose to remain loyal to. Anyway
it wouldn't have mattered which French team he managed against Clermont I would still have supported les Jaunes because I have many friends in the Auvergne area who are staunch Clermont supporters. I wish him well in his new job at Edinburgh.
I'll remind you once more Noddy, Clermont are known as "Les Jaunards"!! :smt018

As far as Saturday's game is concerned, I'll be hoping that Clermont win but Richard Cockerill can hold his head high as he's helped Toulon to to re-establish themselves as a force in the Top14 after an indifferent season.
Semper in excretia
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Tyzot wrote:JFJ ---- As usual you both need to learn to read..

As usual?

Nice.

I didn't mean as usual meaning yourselves, more akin to people jumping on something on this forum without reading it properly..but being as it was Noddy's post I should let you off for that :smt002

I never mean to offend :smt003
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Robespierre not disputing that but all my friends in the Auvergne shorten that to Les Jaunes, for the uninitiated Jaune in French is Yellow in English and they got that name from their original playing kit which was Yellow and White.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Robespierre wrote: As far as Saturday's game is concerned, I'll be hoping that Clermont win but Richard Cockerill can hold his head high as he's helped Toulon to to re-establish themselves as a force in the Top14 after an indifferent season.
I can guarantee you Clermont won't win on Satuday......
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

MCC1964 wrote:
Robespierre wrote: As far as Saturday's game is concerned, I'll be hoping that Clermont win but Richard Cockerill can hold his head high as he's helped Toulon to to re-establish themselves as a force in the Top14 after an indifferent season.
No you can't.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

ourla wrote:
MCC1964 wrote:
No you can't.
I know it's not pantomine season, but 'Oh yes I can' ! :smt002
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

MCC1964 wrote:
ourla wrote:
MCC1964 wrote:
No you can't.
I know it's not pantomine season, but 'Oh yes I can' ! :smt002
As you are that certain, I assume that you have staked all that you possess on the result. And no silly play on words/names etc.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Cagey Tiger wrote: As you are that certain, I assume that you have staked all that you possess on the result. And no silly play on words/names etc.
Ach, nothing as clever as that. The final is on Sunday.

I'll get my coat.......
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Noddy555 wrote:Robespierre not disputing that but all my friends in the Auvergne shorten that to Les Jaunes, for the uninitiated Jaune in French is Yellow in English and they got that name from their original playing kit which was Yellow and White.

Sorry Nods, but nobody I know shortens it to les jaunes.
And ..... Les Jaunards play in yellow and blue - take a peek at this link - it's in French so you'll have no problem understanding it!

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/le-scan-spor ... unards.php
Semper in excretia