New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

New Kit

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Does anyone have an idea whether the rumour about us ditching Kooga due to their horrible quality is true?

Further to that will we need to wait to August again to see the new kit?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit

Post by sapajo »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Does anyone have an idea whether the rumour about us ditching Kooga due to their horrible quality is true?

It will be Kukri kit next season.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

sapajo wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:Does anyone have an idea whether the rumour about us ditching Kooga due to their horrible quality is true?

I've also been told the same. Better quality, I'm led to believe (it could hardly be worse though, could it!)
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

Will we be getting rid of the horrible fluorescent yellow strip arguably the worst kit worn in sporting history?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

newport tiger wrote:Will we be getting rid of the horrible fluorescent yellow strip arguably the worst kit worn in sporting history?
As we're moving from Kooga, the kid design will change. I, for one, don't mind the yellow kit. Kits are very much marmite things - you either love them or hate them but one thing is for certain we won't all agree on it
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Better quality (yay), fewer stripes (boo), one year deal.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

sapajo wrote:

:smt010 :smt009 :smt011 :smt012

Why can we barely ever have a brand that makes great kit & leisurewear? Canterbury even seemed to mess up with Tigers...very underwhelming once again would be nice to have a brand I want to wear..

I often think someone must get backhanded deals from this as from a fan perspective the decisions made are awful..surely we should have all the decent brands wanting to make our kit with our fanbase?
Flash

Post by Flash »

JFJ, I seems to recall reading (I think on here) that it's the final year of the kit bag deal with a view to getting a marquee manufacturer for the following season.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

JackFlashJonny wrote:
sapajo wrote:

Why can we barely ever have a brand that makes great kit & leisurewear? Canterbury even seemed to mess up with Tigers...very underwhelming once again would be nice to have a brand I want to wear..

I often think someone must get backhanded deals from this as from a fan perspective the decisions made are awful..surely we should have all the decent brands wanting to make our kit with our fanbase?
Kitbag have a huge hand in this, it isn't just Tigers (although it was their decision to outsource the shop to Kitbag)
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

JackFlashJonny wrote:
sapajo wrote:

Apparently we're getting Adidas the season after next.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

The speculation over what the new kit will look like has made me so excited that I had to wet my pants.

I was a bit embarrassed at first, but was assured by a long time forum member that this would ensure I'd fit right in on The Crumbie terrace.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

TheRock wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:

Apparently we're getting Adidas the season after next.
I could not be more delighted if this was the case...imagine how good the leisurewear and apparel would be...I shall keep my mouth shut until next year then :smt023
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Just let;s hope that we get three kits again. A home kit an away kit and a European kit. I still hanker back to the black European kit we had 3 or was it 4 seasons ago all my girlfriends want to wear my black European shirt, but I keep it under lock and key.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Kukri, a sister company of Kooga but with a better reputation and a different supply chain for next season. A new supplier for the season after hopefully a big name prestigious brand but as far as I am aware no contracts signed yet. I think next seasons home and alternative kits will be popular with Tigers supporters but lets face it no one can please everybody.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

The underlying answer is simple:
If you sell out, sorry, out source to KitBag, then you lose [virtually] all control over the kit and suppliers.

On the whole, since Cotton Traders (which plenty moaned about) the kits have been pretty poor. This year's is the best looking since 2009, but the manufacture of the Classic jerseys (hoop colours the wrong way up) saw a small number, late, in November, which sold out, and a new supply in January!

Now Kukri will want to make their mark, then whoever...
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(