Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester Tigers 2016/17 Squad/Transfers/Contract thread

Post by Scott11 »

So Mermoz, Williams,Roberts,Betham gone and Tuilagi and Toomua sicknotes. So two centres needed or at least one very good 12/13 hybrid. Good luck Peter!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Confirmed here

http://www.asm-rugby.com/actus/peter-be ... -2-saisons

Silence from Tigers continues.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

This could get scary. Perhaps the silence means 'somebody will come along'
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

If the model is the GF/FB swap, I'd like Mr Fofana please! :smt031

Post by newbie »

Grimlish wrote:If the model is the GF/FB swap, I'd like Mr Fofana please! :smt031
Well he is injured, so would fit right in!
PaulinBroughton
Tiger Cub

Post by PaulinBroughton »

Strong run ours of a centre arriving from Wasps. Regarding Betham he's been poor this season and is on a fair old pay packet. I would also state if he's not happy let him go.
Wish people would stop getting agitated when players leave. It's professional sport a short career they're trying to earn as much as they can. Very few players show loyalty now they are in it for themselves.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

PaulinBroughton wrote:Strong run ours of a centre arriving from Wasps. Regarding Betham he's been poor this season and is on a fair old pay packet. I would also state if he's not happy let him go.
Wish people would stop getting agitated when players leave. It's professional sport a short career they're trying to earn as much as they can. Very few players show loyalty now they are in it for themselves.
In which case must be Kyle Eastmond, fits the Tigers injury profile very well.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Got to say I am OK with Betham leaving. I understand we played him in his unfavoured position a lot and our coaching merry-go-round won't have helped him but for me he's had a disappointing season and I'm not convinced he can be as good as Thomo or Goneva to cite a couple of examples of our best wingers.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

ourla wrote:Got to say I am OK with Betham leaving. I understand we played him in his unfavoured position a lot and our coaching merry-go-round won't have helped him but for me he's had a disappointing season and I'm not convinced he can be as good as Thomo or Goneva to cite a couple of examples of our best wingers.
I'll be honest - I was surprised when we gave him a new contract. Also, with him being an overseas signing you'd expect him to be starting more often than not and for him to be left out completely in the closing weeks of the season speaks volumes. He had a good first season but was poor the season just gone.

He goes with my best wishes.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I have to say that I am really getting cheesed off with learning about what is happening from other clubs or the media. There is only the top 14 final still to play and didn't they say they would not announce changes as players were still involved in their club games and that announcements would happen when it wouldn't affect the other clubs. Do we read into that statement that we are getting someone from Toulon or Clermont or is it just our club's "tradition" of not telling their fans.
Hehehehehehehehe
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Well I wish PB well, and I hope he has a good time in France.He has scored some good tries for Tigers in his relatively short spell.
I also hope that Tigers might have extracted some transfer monies as he was apparently in contract.
Whether this is good for Tigers obviously depends upon who is to be signed as a replacement.
Time will tell...
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

MurphysLaw wrote:Well I wish PB well, and I hope he has a good time in France.He has scored some good tries for Tigers in his relatively short spell.
I also hope that Tigers might have extracted some transfer monies as he was apparently in contract.
Whether this is good for Tigers obviously depends upon who is to be signed as a replacement.
Time will tell...
Well I never saw this one coming, may explain why he hasn't always been at the races this season.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Chobbsy wrote:
MurphysLaw wrote:Well I wish PB well, and I hope he has a good time in France.He has scored some good tries for Tigers in his relatively short spell.
Time will tell...
Well I never saw this one coming, may explain why he hasn't always been at the races this season.
He was staying until MOC arrived and decided he didn't want him. So doesn't explain why he was poor before that under AM and Cockers.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

Not a bad thing getting rid of players to bring fresh blood in.
Just need to get rid of players like
- Croft
- Smith
- Catchpole

They are all taking up a wedge of the cap and we don't actually get much out of them. Croft has had his day, well past his use by date. Smith has been a good club player but will only ever warm the bench/not even make the 23. Catchpole is 23, people say he is young.. If hes good enough he would have broken through by now?
Come on you tigers!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

champanzie wrote:Not a bad thing getting rid of players to bring fresh blood in.
Just need to get rid of players like
- Croft
- Smith
- Catchpole

They are all taking up a wedge of the cap and we don't actually get much out of them. Croft has had his day, well past his use by date. Smith has been a good club player but will only ever warm the bench/not even make the 23. Catchpole is 23, people say he is young.. If hes good enough he would have broken through by now?
Pick the three players with like the lowest wage....