So proud...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

So proud...

Post by strawclearer »

After a season like that...after a game like that...very proud of Tom and the guys. :smt038
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: So proud...

Post by fentiger »

+1 :smt023
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

Fantastic performance from the lads. That was proper Leicester- something that has been missing for a while. Bottle it and take it on to next season. Phenomenal from Youngs x 2, Tait, Genge, TV and everyone to a man. Out on their feet at the end. Farewell to several much-loved players but they can leave with extreme pride. Well played wasps- the most exciting and best side all season. No complaints.
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Agreed, cracking game and result was fair for the season. Proud of the lads and looking like a real Tigers team again. Now need to take that forward into next season (I'm sure we would have won that game if at Welford Road).

Can't help but want Exeter to win next weekend though. :smt003
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

very well played. Small margins, did we get all of the 50-50 decisions - no. Did we have more key players missing than they did? Yes, but to come so close as massive underdogs away from home is a great achievement. That and the anglo welsh isn't a bad season - we just need to turn up in Europe next year. Come on the Chiefs!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'm hoping for a 0-0 next week
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WilstheTiger

Post by WilstheTiger »

Proud to support Tigers - what an effort, unlucky in the end.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Am abroad and could only follow it on line. Sounds like a tremendous match and the lads did us proud. Can't wait for next season - bet other teams are taking note.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Just got home from The Ricoh feeling so proud of the whole team and amazing support. Just a few 50 50 calls went against us and Luke Hamilton, Barrow and Cole going off cost us. Roll on next season.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Proud doesn't do it justice what the team as a whole put into that game today was nothing short of passion for the club and the supporters of this great club of ours. Everyone of you guys out there today should be proud of what you did. You put on a display of all we as supporters know was a Tigerish performance.
For that l thank you, to Freddie & Owen & all the others who won't be with us next season. I say this you will always be Tigers in your hearts.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

strawclearer wrote:After a season like that...after a game like that...very proud of Tom and the guys. :smt038
+1 :smt023 Yet to see the game but bummed out to see the score!! Dai Young praised the Tigers, I believe he was a bit relieved? Great to see the Tiger turn the season around from a bad year. Shame not to see them at Twickers next week.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rayce
Tiger Cub

Post by Rayce »

T - tenacious
I - inspirational
G - gutsy
E- exceptional
R- resilient
S- stupendous

Really looking forward to next season :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wow what a performance, Very well done Tigers, that defense at the end in particular, what a shame we could not hold on. I thought the ref had a shocker, its ok saying he wanted to let game flow but he missed so many forward passes, knock ons etc.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Ian Cant wrote:Just got home from The Ricoh feeling so proud of the whole team and amazing support. Just a few 50 50 calls went against us and Luke Hamilton, Barrow and Cole going off cost us. Roll on next season.
Well done Tigers, the supporters chants were greater than the Wasps canned pa noise. Luke Hamilton played a very good covering game and like Barrow and Cole they were dead on their feet. Joe Simpson was aggressive several times to Ben Youngs and tried to wind up Gengie too. Great match to watch but the Referee was only 3/10 still cannot understand first penalty when viewed against others in the game by Wasps. Betham 1 Wade 0 :smt038 Many thanks to the team and a great cheer for Freddie, Owen,Jack, & Fraser + any others leaving the great family of Tigers. :smt039
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yeh i don't get why people like Flatman are asking why did Cole come off.

Cole looked exhausted and a exhausted prop can = a big gap in the defence.